Not open for further replies.

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
Forsberg - Tavares - Tarasenko
Lee - Wennberg - Nylander
Nelson - Zibanejad -

I'll stop now.... I don't know how anyone still defends not firing Snow.

This is dumb. Why don't you mention all the failed picks before and after Snows picks(but before the picks you mention above). Even I can pick the lottery numbers the day after the drawing. Forsberg was 6 picks after Reinhardt and was even traded before he could prove his worth. Tarasenko was 10 picks after Nino and wasn't even St. Louis first pick in the first round(so they 'passed on him once also). I am pretty sure Wennberg was picked before Pulock so that is moot.

Reactions: Svengoolie

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
This is dumb. Why don't you mention all the failed picks before and after Snows picks(but before the picks you mention above). Even I can pick the lottery numbers the day after the drawing. Forsberg was 6 picks after Reinhardt and was even traded before he could prove his worth. Tarasenko was 10 picks after Nino and wasn't even St. Louis first pick in the first round(so they 'passed on him once also). I am pretty sure Wennberg was picked before Pulock so that is moot.

I suggest you re-read the chain of posts.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Both Bellows and David Quenneville had 3 points nights. Bellows in a 3-1 win, Quenneville in a 11-1 win

The offense is ridiculous right now in the WHL. There's already a guy for Swift Current who has 20 goals in 10 games. Dude can go the entire season from now without scoring a single goal and still end up with a decent total. :laugh:

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
The offense is ridiculous right now in the WHL. There's already a guy for Swift Current who has 20 goals in 10 games. Dude can go the entire season from now without scoring a single goal and still end up with a decent total. :laugh:

The Dub is no longer a low scoring defense heavy league. I think it has a lot to do with how the game has changed..... that type of defenseman is no longer a highly sought commodity. It's now all bout the mobile puck moving D that can join the rush.

Bellows has picked it up and Quennville has a ridiculous stat line. 17pts in 8games. 3g 14a

I think we may have found a little (pun intended :)) gem in Quenneville

I'm a big fan of David Quenneville. He's all heart with a rocket of a shot and at times plays like he's 6'2 230. He's also J.Boychuks nephew or cousin.

Reactions: SI90 and xECK29x

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
The Dub is no longer a low scoring defense heavy league. I think it has a lot to do with how the game has changed..... that type of defenseman is no longer a highly sought commodity. It's now all bout the mobile puck moving D that can join the rush.

I'm a big fan of David Quenneville. He's all heart with a rocket of a shot and at times plays like he's 6'2 230. He's also J.Boychuks nephew or cousin.

I say the same thing about him!! He plays much bigger than he is. I think he has legit NHL potential. Maybe not like Spurgeon or Krug but you never know. You can never convince him his size will hold him back that's for sure.

Benedict Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk: A spy?
Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
Dal Colle having a real rough start to the year. Might be time to give him the Griffin Reinbust treatment and ship him out before any other team notices.

And who the hell is Scott Eansor? Near heard of him and he is going over GPG on what I assume is another mediocre Sound Tigers squad.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Dal Colle having a real rough start to the year. Might be time to give him the Griffin Reinbust treatment and ship him out before any other team notices.

And who the hell is Scott Eansor? Near heard of him and he is going over GPG on what I assume is another mediocre Sound Tigers squad.

He was Barzals team mate in Seattle

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY

I hate the say it, but it might be too late to give MDC that treatment. Word is already out and we can’t make the “defenseman develop slower” excuse for a forward.

scott99

May 13, 2005
The problem with MDC became obvious after he was drafted. Unfortunately, like Reinhart, there is no urgency or drive to his game. He’s more laid back than a Californian surfer dude. He just seems to not care. Great hands, NHL caliber shot, 10 million dollar talent, $5 dollar heart and brain. It unfortunate. Though I desperately wanted MDC, was thrilled when we picked him, my other favorites (in case we went another route) were Ehlers and Nylander. I now wish we went that route.

MDC has become the new Dave Chyzowski. Another highly picked bust of a goal scorer.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
What’s alarming about MDC is that he only has SIX shots in roughly six games. Sigh, we all endured a terrible Isles team w no reward that year.

Reactions: SI

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

There was a rumor that the isles offered him in their Hamonic+ for Duchene proposal.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
The problem with MDC became obvious after he was drafted. Unfortunately, like Reinhart, there is no urgency or drive to his game. He’s more laid back than a Californian surfer dude. He just seems to not care. Great hands, NHL caliber shot, 10 million dollar talent, $5 dollar heart and brain. It unfortunate. Though I desperately wanted MDC, was thrilled when we picked him, my other favorites (in case we went another route) were Ehlers and Nylander. I now wish we went that route.

MDC has become the new Dave Chyzowski. Another highly picked bust of a goal scorer.

If true, this is what really grinds my gears about the MDC pick. We were under the assumption his shot and hands were NHL caliber but also his work ethic and drive were as well. Only thing that may hold him back was his skating. Well if he truly had a $ 5 heart and brain would the scouts not see this? Even bypassing the eye test after seeing the skill of Ehlers and Nylander being much better it baffles my mind why the Isles would pick MDC at #5. good luck in Europe buddy. Guys in your draft year behind you are already making millions. Dave Chyzowski, just a great hockey name. #2 overall...damm

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
The Islanders were really enamoured by MDC's character for that selection. He grew up with a single mom and a brother with disability if I recall, I may be off but I know he had some family struggles and Snow was always big on that.

Not trying to justify what is looking more and more like an underwhelming pick, but I believe that was his storyline at the draft, along with the size + hands.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
The Islanders were really enamoured by MDC's character for that selection. He grew up with a single mom and a brother with disability if I recall, I may be off but I know he had some family struggles and Snow was always big on that.

Not trying to justify what is looking more and more like an underwhelming pick, but I believe that was his storyline at the draft, along with the size + hands.
There's only one kind of "character" that relates to the risk factor inherent in drafting 17-18 year olds. "Character" means having the kind of desire, work ethic and commitment necessary to make the jump from successful junior player to successful NHL player. Especially for a skinny kid with skating issues (two things that require lots of work to overcome).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad