Speculation: Hoffman drama lowering his trade value?

Hoffman Drama lowering his trade value

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
What GM would want to deal with this baggage and introduce this kind of cancer to a dressing room? Hoffman has negative trade value right now. It would be shocking to see him play for any organisation other than the completely dysfunctional Senators next year.

Reactions: Red

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Of course. He now appears to be lockeroom cancer. Would you want to be his teammate? If I'm a NHL GM, Hoffman is off my radar now and forever.

Reactions: Red

DictatorTots427

Apr 8, 2018
I don't think his value is necessarily lowered, he's still a first line LW, but what will lower his value is Ottawa trying to trade him as quickly as possible in order to try and keep Karlsson

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I cant believe there are people don't think this is a big deal.

This is worse than a locker room cancer. Guys will punch each other in the mouth and drink a beer together. This is about wives and girlfriends and a stillborn baby for crying out loud. Its a different battlefield all together. You don't get over this, ever.

On top of it, it involves Karlsson as the victim. You know national hero and icon of Sweden. I'm sure we can find a locker room where there aren't any Swedes who would take offense to what's gone down, right?

I wouldn't touch this guy with a 200 foot pole.

This must be love and she must be very unwell to stick by her. If that's the case, I feel bad for the guy. But if there was a shred of truth to any of the accusation it's still the most unhockey move in history to blow up the whole thing on social media.

Reactions: bert and amethyst

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
One guy beat up a woman. The other is dating a woman that said some mean things.

Both are horrible but one is way less forgivable.

You are ignoring the point. The point isn't who did the worse thing. The point is which one of these brings a problem that affect the locker room and team chemistry.

If you can't see the massive difference between those things, I can't really help you.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I dont see thr karlssons and him/his gf resolving this. So his value is lower simply because one of them will be traded and karlsson is the far more important to the sens

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
As this unfolds his trade value has straight out nose dived. Not one team will want that type of personality (Hoffman's girlfriend) remotely near their organizations. She's toxic, for now.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
Plenty of rumors that Hoffman is leaving if not draft day, then this summer. Has the latest drama hurt the Sens from getting a better returned package?

Such issues have lowered value of some players in the past, and even increased the want for management to "get them out of here".
I dont think its lowered his value at all,,,he kicks his gf to the curb....

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
You don't think Voynov literally going to jail for beating his wife won't be a toxic lockeroom topic?

No, I don't.

Sadly there are many examples of domestic situations with many athletes in many sports and they haven't led to problems in the locker room. But a situation where the problems directly affect teammates and their loved ones, it's an entirely different story.

Reactions: 67Blues and Yatzhee

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
No, I don't.

Sadly there are many examples of domestic situations with many athletes in many sports and they haven't led to problems in the locker room. But a situation where the problems directly affect teammates and their loved ones, it's an entirely different story.
Bingo!
And a star player to boot. Hoffman, as long as he maintains contact with his girlfriend, is toxic goods. No team will take him with that circus around him because they definitely do not want it around their organizations.
Sad situation for Sens fans who I believe have been through enough already.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
You are ignoring the point. The point isn't who did the worse thing. The point is which one of these brings a problem that affect the locker room and team chemistry.

If you can't see the massive difference between those things, I can't really help you.
So you're insinuating that an NHL locker room would just be okay with welcoming a man that beat up a woman?

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
You're not just trading for Hoffman (for now at least), you're trading for the set. It definitely matters a lot too, this is completely different than Voynov situation for example.

This kind of stuff destroys locker rooms much more some random scuffle in practice.

I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
I hope it does, selfishly only because I hope somehow the Oilers get him. Outside of that...I hope any other team pays out the WAZOO for him

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB

Clearly you cant.

Think about it for a minute...how mad some people are here at Voynov..or even how mad people get thinking about a domestic abuser and the punishment they deserve in return the **** they've dished out. You don't for a second think that a PERSON that happens to be a hockey player in the NHL has those same emotions as anyone else?

Personally, Id welcome Hoffman 1000% over a POS like Voynov.

Reactions: gab6511

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Why do people act if Hoffman's the one who made those horrible comments?

If concrete evidence comes out that his girlfriend really did it he'd likely dump her.

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Why do people act if Hoffman's the one who made those horrible comments?

If concrete evidence comes out that his girlfriend really did it he'd likely dump her.
why would he likely dump her? theyve been together for over a decade I doubt very much its as simple as 'were done' over some internet bullying. People have stayed together for far worse

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
So you're insinuating that an NHL locker room would just be okay with welcoming a man that beat up a woman?

I'm not insinuating it, I'm saying it.

Patrick Roy ripped a door off its hinges to get at his wife and attack her and won the Cup with the Avalanche less than a year later.

Sadly, that's not the only example of this sort of thing in the NHL and throughout professional sports.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I'm not insinuating it, I'm saying it.

Patrick Roy ripped a door off its hinges to get at his wife and attack her and won the Cup with the Avalanche less than a year later.

Sadly, that's not the only example of this sort of thing in the NHL and throughout professional sports.
Well than I guess what I said was correct. If teams will accept players with histories of domestic violence, I'm sure they will accept players with girlfriends that sent out mean tweets.

And in no way am I saying the alleged messages sent by Ms. Caryck are acceptable.

steinerecliner

May 15, 2018
Yes it does as long he still with her because every team is aware of the situation and know how big of a risk it would be to bring him in because she can do the same to any players on any team. So a lot of times are not going to want to give a top prospect for him knowing it could become a big issue off the ice. Hoffman the player is very good we all know that but the extra baggage is the problem. Hoffman himself isn't Toxic but she seems to be.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Tell me your story, 23 people that voted no. You’re a GM that wants Hoffman, are you offering the same assets today that you would have a week ago?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad