Speculation: Hoffman drama lowering his trade value?

Hoffman Drama lowering his trade value

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
was hoffmans girlfriend using an alias or fake twitter account while sending these messages and law enforcement somehow tracked the account to her ?

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Have you ever had a job? If your significant other negatively impacts your workplace, you can be fired for it. It's been that way forever, so this "my day crap" doesn't fly with anyone with a lick of sense.
I think the sarcasm went over your head.

CountKong

Jun 5, 2018
I voted yes, but the more I think about it the more I start to think that has value won't be as low as we might expect. I have seen some people suggest trading him for garbage contracts or really low draft picks. I disagree with this. What might happen in my opinion is that several teams won't be interested in trading for him due to the circumstances and thus if only a handful of teams want him his value is lower.

However, if the team is willing to trade for him and have him on their team they would also be willing to pay a reasonable price. they might get a discount due to the number of teams interested, but I doubt they get him for free or next to free.

Ralph Malfredsson

PhD in indiscreet street haggling
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2008
So youre teling me hes automaically a bad person even if, its true, he gives her another chance to get her act together... kind of like how relationships work?

I feel bad if your significant other messes up one day

This isn't just "messing up". If this is substantiated, then it's a very horrible and persistent series of deliberate injuries against another person, while attempting to stay anonymous. That would totally be fair game for breaking a relationship.

Most people wouldn't want to be around anyone like that regardless of other potentially positive attributes.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I still can't believe it's taking this long to either confirm guilt or innocence

I'm no Geek Squad but it was less than a week for Colangelo's wife to be linked to her burner accounts

Sure if you're trying to track Jason Bourne down around the globe it's probably hard to follow the pings but if you have access to all the screens someone owns it should take a day to confirm/deny the accusations unless Hoffman's GF is a ninja level hacker, this has been going on for months apparently

Reactions: THE Green Man

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Well I don't think he can be traded to the KHL . He will probably have to be bought out truthfully . The real question would any team sign him and at what price ? Hoffman is screwed if he leaves his woman she been with him so long she will probably get a good chuck of his future earnings . If he stays with her he is going to lose on future contracts . This GF of his screw her and Hoffman

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
I still can't believe it's taking this long to either confirm guilt or innocence

I'm no Geek Squad but it was less than a week for Colangelo's wife to be linked to her burner accounts

Sure if you're trying to track Jason Bourne down around the globe it's probably hard to follow the pings but if you have access to all the screens someone owns it should take a day to confirm/deny the accusations unless Hoffman's GF is a ninja level hacker, this has been going on for months apparently

Did police confiscate her devices that she would use for that? They would have to do that in order to do what you are saying wouldn't they? Is there even an actual investigation into this going on?

I was under the impression that Karlsson's wife filed a restraining order or whatever it is called in Canada but Hoffman's GF didn't show up at the hearing so the restraining order went through and that is the extent of what has been done. Is that wrong?

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Chris Pronger... you make it sound like this has never happened before...

Chris Pronger wife never did anything wrong . She was an American women who did not like Edmonton and wanted out . I don't like Toronto , not the people or the team but I hate the city . Heck I hate all big cities . Nothing criminal about that . Hoffman wife broke the law and may have end Karlsson being a Sen

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Did police confiscate her devices that she would use for that? They would have to do that in order to do what you are saying wouldn't they? Is there even an actual investigation into this going on?

I was under the impression that Karlsson's wife filed a restraining order or whatever it is called in Canada but Hoffman's GF didn't show up at the hearing so the restraining order went through and that is the extent of what has been done. Is that wrong?
This is probably the most informative source I've seen - doesn't explicitly say they've confiscated just Police are investigating, as is the Sens in cooperation with the NHL but that would be the first thing I'd expect an investigator to look at and the first thing I would handover if I was innocent
mike-hoffmans-longtime-girlfriend-allegedly-behind-campaign-of-harassment-against-melinda-and-erik-karlsson

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
This isn't just "messing up". If this is substantiated, then it's a very horrible and persistent series of deliberate injuries against another person, while attempting to stay anonymous. That would totally be fair game for breaking a relationship.

Most people wouldn't want to be around anyone like that regardless of other potentially positive attributes.
dont act like you know what most people want

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

FBI was involved and the wife crumbled

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
was hoffmans girlfriend using an alias or fake twitter account while sending these messages and law enforcement somehow tracked the account to her ?
Nah she was a moron using a name like Monique Carlyque when her name is something like Monika Carly

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Of course it is. Like I've said in the 5 other threads about this, you have to give him away if the allegations are true. Even still, his value is already diminished if nothing changes.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Obviously there's no way Hoffman and Karlsson can show up at training camp on the same ice....one of them has to go, and my guess it's Karlsson. Apparently the Sens came close to dealing him at the deadline and he's a UFA in a year anyway. But not sure Hoffman has a future in Ottawa either.....after all, he'd go down in history as the player who forced the Sens to trade one of the best players in team history. What a mess.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I would think both Hoffman and Karlsson are gone from the Sens and hopefully to the East and Western Conf.
Re Hoffman's GF ... just sounds like another example of " Mean Girls " to me. Gals can be so cruel to each other and these very wealthy gals with not much to do ( perhaps ) coupled with a good dose of superficial awareness and voila!

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007

Due process takes time. You can't just call up Instagram customer service and have them tell you whatever you want.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Due process takes time. You can't just call up Instagram customer service and have them tell you whatever you want.
There’s no fingerprint left anywhere on a computer/smart phone what IP/email was used to create accounts and send messages/tweets? You can also un-delete most things with certain apps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad