Here's why Quenneville still sux

Would you swap out Joel Quenneville for Bill Peters?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrispw1

Dec 5, 2015
If Q were to be let go, where do you think he would end up and who would have interest. I imagine he would want to go to a team he feels can compete right away, perhaps the Caps if they falter again in the post season.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I think Q goes nowhere, IMO he knows how lucky he was to walk into the perfect situation. Lightning wouldn't strike twice (and he knows it)

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I really wouldn't care about his new Team. I'd wish him the best and best of luck. Problem isn't Q the Person or the Coach, it's the time that has passed.

Reactions: Ted Lasso

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Yes. It is that his methods don't mesh with younger players at this time. or they have tuned him out.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Someone made the analogy earlier but I agree with it 100%. Q is a great B to C coach. He’s not so much a very good A to B coach and I think we are at A right now

I agree. Q has a specific system and does not deviate which also hurts the team. His strengths are in-game adjustments, match ups, and handling the room. This is not what this team needs. This team needs a modern system that plays to their strengths. I think a new system and a healthy crow and this team is back in the playoffs.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I agree. Q has a specific system and does not deviate which also hurts the team. His strengths are in-game adjustments, match ups, and handling the room. This is not what this team needs. This team needs a modern system that plays to their strengths. I new system and a healthy crow and this team is back in the playoffs.

This does feel like a reasonable bounce back situation with a couple good decisions. Right coach, right pick with top 10 selection, a couple UFA signings/trades to leverage abundance of cap space and a healthy Crawford. A lot of ifs, but there will be levers to pull unlike years past where they're shedding cap and and have limited options to reshuffle the deck.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
A new start in Tampa or Winnipeg would cement Q's career, as the coach he was in Colorado and St. Louis not in Chicago.

It would be playoff fail, playoff fail, 3 Cups and playoff fail.

IMO best to end at 3 Cups

Reactions: Pez68

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Sorry to break the news to you, but Qs career is already cemented. He is the 2nd winningest coach in NHL history with 3 Stanley Cups. His pathway to the HHOF has already been paved and etched in stone.

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Sorry to break the news to you, but Qs career is already cemented. He is the 2nd winningest coach in NHL history with 3 Stanley Cups. His pathway to the HHOF has already been paved and etched in stone.

So why go to another team and finish on a sour note?

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
So why go to another team and finish on a sour note?

but if your Q .... you wouldnt want to leave the Hawks after this season (sour note) ... he would want to stay and coach to turn this around .... if he leaves Chicago or gets bumped upstairs he is leaving coaching on on sour note

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Who says he will finish on a sour note? He's still a better coach than quite few coaches out there.

Who says? Me and his record before coming to the Dynasty that is/was the Hawks.

How many coaches have won cups with multiple teams in your lifetime? Q is not Scotty

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

How many coaches have won cups with multiple teams in your lifetime? Q is not Scotty
no offense in me jumping in, but i keep hearing posters and experts alike talking about the new era of hockey. chi is one of the exclusive teams to win the coveted SC more than once. second i will have to go back on his win-lost record and except for this yr, he has done pretty well.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

How many coaches have as many wins as Q, or 3 Cups in a 6 year span? Q is not Scotty, no. Jagr was no Gretzky, but he was still a damn good hockey player.

Reactions: LDF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad