Here's why Quenneville still sux

Would you swap out Joel Quenneville for Bill Peters?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
Cuz y'all know when it comes 5-on-3 PP time, Keith will be the D-man out there with Kane and Toews, and the whole universe knows he will not (or cannot) shoot. Check that, he might shoot right into the first PKer's shin pad and trigger yet another SHGA...

Reactions: Matt Ravlich

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
giphy.gif

Reactions: RayP

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
If all you can come up with on why Q sux is something he does on a 5 on 3 PP, which might come 10 times a season, then I guess there isn't much to complain about.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
for discussion purpose, r u serious ....... but it is hard to gauge b/c they both do something different in the org.

Scotty Bowman was a coach, and currently sits in first for most wins ever with 1200+, and won 9 Stanley Cups as a coach. He won five with the Habs, one with the Pens, and three with the Wings. The person behind him in 2nd? Q. But he's almost 500 wins behind him...

So yeah, I'd say relative to Scotty Bowman... Q does suck.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Scotty Bowman was a coach, and currently sits in first for most wins ever with 1200+. The person behind him in 2nd? Q. But he's almost 500 wins behind him...
duh..... what an idiot i am. i screwed up on this one.

thanks for the clarification.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
If all you can come up with on why Q sux is something he does on a 5 on 3 PP, which might come 10 times a season, then I guess there isn't much to complain about.

Only because [per Foley & Co.] for years Quenneville has been preaching the importance of taking advantage of 5-on-3's, and the loss of momentum from not converting. Would you like the 20-pt swing from failing to convert 5-on-3s and losing those games because of it (be it on the direct outcome or the change in momemtum)?

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Only because [per Foley & Co.] for years Quenneville has been preaching the importance of taking advantage of 5-on-3's, and the loss of momentum from not converting. Would you like the 20-pt swing from failing to convert 5-on-3s and losing those games because of it (be it on the direct outcome or the change in momemtum)?
So you think we lose every game we don't score 5 on 5 and win every game we win 5 on 5? Q thinks they are important but he didn't say you definitely win if you score and lose if you don't. WTF

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
So after a lucky break last night (uncalled penalty on Hartmann before the Sharpie goal, per Nashville announcers), and Quenneville gets more time to keep trotting out Keith on the PP.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Pretty sick of this coaching staff to be honest. Tired of watching them trot out the same bullshit year after year. I know the Blackhawks 5 on 3 play like the back of my hand and I’m a f***ing fan. We are sitting on the blue line. Can’t even obtain time and space in a 5 on 3 situation because we have the entirely wrong personnel on the ice.

I’m tired of watching Duncan Keith make our PP 4 on 4. Put the same guys in the same position all year long. We play boring f***ing hockey.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
Apparently Quenneville's country club is responsible for 2/3 of Minnesota and Edmonton's W totals (3). What an accomplishment.

Matt Ravlich

Oct 1, 2017
BC
saultonline.com
Apparently Quenneville's country club is responsible for 2/3 of Minnesota and Edmonton's W totals (3). What an accomplishment.
I agree. A drunken CHIMP could coach this talent to a better record. And the many Post 2009 N00bs come back with, "We got 3 Cups." Well, with Hawks talent-laden squads in the past 8 years, they should have won at least 5 Cups, maybe 6. Wet Brain Q shudda been run outta town after they lost to LA in 2014 playoffs. Hawks were FAVORED team that year.

Reactions: LDF and Pez68

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I agree. A drunken CHIMP could coach this talent to a better record. And the many Post 2009 N00bs come back with, "We got 3 Cups." Well, with Hawks talent-laden squads in the past 8 years, they should have won at least 5 Cups, maybe 6. Wet Brain Q shudda been run outta town after they lost to LA in 2014 playoffs. Hawks were FAVORED team that year.

Should have been 3 in a row. I put that loss to LA pretty much entirely on the coaching staff.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

You keep bringing up band wagon fans but for the most part that is not the case here. There is no real reason to bring it up.

5 cups? Do you realize how hard it is to win 1 cup much less 3? The only other year where they were close is 2014 but a bounce off Leddy and they missed the finals. So it is kind of “noob” to think they should have 5+ cups, when I kind of I mean 100% naive to think that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad