Here's why Quenneville still sux

Would you swap out Joel Quenneville for Bill Peters?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
this board is starting to turn into a bunch of Gran Turino posters......don't sweat the small ****
giphy.gif

Reactions: AmericanDream

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
But Hawks are constantly drafting soft players, skilled but usually small who tend to play small. Even the physically bigger draft choices play soft (eg. Saad, Ejdsel). It offers little chance to employ a system with even a semblance of grit when you don't have (and seemingly don't care to have) the personnel to deploy that style. Q has made it very clear that he prefers a "good stick" over physicality and it is no longer working without the core playing at their peak. We saw it in spades last night.

And don't look now but Hawks face back-to-back games against the Bruins, who play this game properly with an effective combination of skill, size and grit.
I think about Seabrook who did it early in his Career. Murphy can be much more physical. Hayden has the Body and you have guys like Hinostroza who like to Play aggressiv and on the Body.
Q just loves his activ sticks.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
245 PP chances, 2nd in league. Bottom 3 PP%.

Go figure what functional PP could do to a team.

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
245 PP chances, 2nd in league. Bottom 3 PP%.

Go figure what functional PP could do to a team.

It's f***ing disgraceful is what it is.

All of the fans of other teams saying "Oh I'd love it if Q coached the team I cheer" have no idea.

I'd love to see him coach a team that isn't stacked with a plethora of great players like the Hawks were when he first began coaching them.

Now that the talent (for the most part) isn't there, he's been exposed as being a tad overrated in my opinion.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
i want to start this by saying i was a big fan and somewhat supporter of Q, until this season.

now i read some post and the poster is saying Q wouldn't have been able to coach as he did when the team, this core team was young and winning those SC's. i am taking a little liberty with his meaning.

however i notice and even to my astonishment, to my disbelief i found out that Q has maintain a record of a win - lost that is close to equal to what he had during the Bhawks SC era. don't get me wrong, i am amazed by this finding and need to change my standing opinion on him and why he is failing.

as i posted once before the other day, he can not adapt nor chg his coaching style for what ever reason. he, Q has lost the confidence of his players which happens alot of times.

edit ~~~~ oops i forgot this link

Joel Quenneville NHL & WHA Hockey Coaching Record | Hockey-Reference.com

Last edited:

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
So Mac on the score today said that people he knows that are in the know, said that Q himself expects to get fired.

Take that for what you will. I have no idea how credible that is, but figured I'd share.

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
So Mac on the score today said that people he knows that are in the know, said that Q himself expects to get fired.

Take that for what you will. I have no idea how credible that is, but figured I'd share.

TSN hinted at him being the biggest coach available after the season. Bet the Hawks bring in a hard ass rather then a players coach ala Sutter or a Hitch type

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
One of the "Faxes from Uncle Dale/Real Fans Program/Whatever they're called now" blog guys was on Twitter yesterday saying he was out somewhere and Hull was there and he was just ripping Q the entire team he heard him talking. I couldn't care less what Bobby Hull has to say about anything but I just thought that was interesting.

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
If Q is canned and leaves the Organization ... he would be unemployed 12 seconds .... plenty of teams would jump at a 3 time Cup coach

.................... and thats OK with me ............. coaches are hired to be fired .......... things change

Reactions: CanadianHawks

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
If Q is canned and leaves the Organization ... he would be unemployed 12 seconds .... plenty of teams would jump at a 3 time Cup coach

.................... and thats OK with me ............. coaches are hired to be fired .......... things change

agreed, it is a shuffle system in most pro sports, NHL seems way behind the times as instead of bringing in new blood coaches, just re shuffle the old ones around. and Q still probably wants to coach to get close to the records, but if he was smart, and the Hawks offered him Executive level position, take it and sail off into the sunset with your mustache!

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
One of the "Faxes from Uncle Dale/Real Fans Program/Whatever they're called now" blog guys was on Twitter yesterday saying he was out somewhere and Hull was there and he was just ripping Q the entire team he heard him talking. I couldn't care less what Bobby Hull has to say about anything but I just thought that was interesting.

I would listen to what Bobby's thoughts are regarding the game of hockey.

Reactions: pvr and BobbyJet

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Bobby's an all-time great player but he's from a completely different time and a completely different game than the one that is played today and that's not taking into account where his mental faculties are at this point in his life. I'd listen out of respect and I'm sure he has some great stories but my stock would end there, personally. To each their own.

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Bobby's an all-time great player but he's from a completely different time and a completely different game than the one that is played today and that's not taking into account where his mental faculties are at this point in his life. I'd listen out of respect and I'm sure he has some great stories but my stock would end there, personally. To each their own.

There are differences but the game is not that different, just that the Hawks play far from an old school game.

Reactions: BobbyJet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad