Here's why Quenneville still sux

Would you swap out Joel Quenneville for Bill Peters?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
Q would turn Calgary into one of the best teams in the West. They have the mobile top 4 D, a couple young studs in Johnny Hockey and Monahan, and a competent goalie. Gulutzan is the biggest weakness with that team

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
Q would turn Calgary into one of the best teams in the West. They have the mobile top 4 D, a couple young studs in Johnny Hockey and Monahan, and a competent goalie. Gulutzan is the biggest weakness with that team
A mobile top 4 d for him to teach them to not skate the puck up the ice, hang back, and look for stretch passes.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

Q might need more proof from Johnny Hockey that he belongs before putting him on the power play unit....just going off of what I have seen of late!

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Please, do feel free to elaborate on how that happens. And how Calgary has a significantly better roster than the Hawks. I can't wait.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore

Nah, he'd light a fire under their butts first season I bet but out 1st or 2nd round tops. Then maybe another decent year or two IMO.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
You're actually making my point.

Did Jagr or Gretzky ever win another Cup away from the magical teams? Nope and neither would Q
Really? There are countless players who won a Cup after winning a bunch with a stacked team.

And that wasn't my point, my point was, Scotty was the best coach ever, Q is still a damn great coach, and shouldn't be only measured up against Bowman.

Capslock17

McDaigle
Mar 25, 2009
Connecticut, USA
Hey all, non Blackhawks fan here-

Did Q ever give DeBrincat an extended trial on a line with Kane?

Seems like something obvious to try but not sure it ever happened

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I think people here overblow the whole Cat not given a shot thing BUT agree it's silly he's been limited to playing with Kane.

Interestingly in the era of the Toews and Kane rekindling, Q for several games did have Cat-Schmaltz together with several partners and it did well, I like that Hayden time but also a few games in a row it was Cat-Schamtlz-Hino... now why is that okay in size trust while he never gave that the shot with Kane?

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I think people here overblow the whole Cat not given a shot thing BUT agree it's silly he's been limited to playing with Kane.

Interestingly in the era of the Toews and Kane rekindling, Q for several games did have Cat-Schmaltz together with several partners and it did well, I like that Hayden time but also a few games in a row it was Cat-Schamtlz-Hino... now why is that okay in size trust while he never gave that the shot with Kane?

When arguably your best, unquestionably one of your best, snipers goes a major chunk of the season without sniffing a power play opportunity I don't think it's an overblown thing. Especially when said power play is garbage and you're a team struggling on offense, period.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW

BK beat me to it. This is only good year #2 for Mike "Greg Luganis" Smith.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Give this pathetic lineup to any coach and they miss the playoffs 9 out of 10 times...

Reactions: LDF

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Really? There are countless players who won a Cup after winning a bunch with a stacked team.

And that wasn't my point, my point was, Scotty was the best coach ever, Q is still a damn great coach, and shouldn't be only measured up against Bowman.

The Penguins' core won their cups with two different coaches...

Coaches don't win cups without the players. Players win cups without the coaches....

Reactions: Blackhawks

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
The Penguins' core won their cups with two different coaches...

Coaches don't win cups without the players. Players win cups without the coaches....
Sure. I really don't know what this has to do with anything I said.

It's possible Q can go on to coach another team and win a Cup. That's pretty much all I was saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad