Proposal: Fire Ken Holland 2023-2024 Edition

Should Ken Holland be fired?

• Total voters

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
There’s people that get paid far more money than I’ll ever see to make those decisions. I don’t know who’s out there but I’d get started now.

Absolutely you get started now, and I would hope (hope!) JJ is doing just that as I cant see Kenny being the GM here past this season. New GM incoming this summer. Probably new coaching staff and lets hope and pray for a new goalie coach as well.

Agreed- probably best to leave it alone until season's end and then do a thorough search with the whole league as your target. Did someone say that his son is the favorite to take over?

Stauffer did I think.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Absolutely you get started now, and I would hope (hope!) JJ is doing just that as I cant see Kenny being the GM here past this season. New GM incoming this summer. Probably new coaching staff and lets hope and pray for a new goalie coach as well.

Stauffer did I think.
I wonder if Bobby Burgers has some kids who would like to apply?

• Haha
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Echodek

Feb 6, 2011
Fire Holland? Sure, he probably deserves it. But replace him with who? Aren’t they grooming his son to take over? Shame they let Staios go.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
It is not the oiler way under katz to hold anyone accountable. Holland will retire at the end of the year and will say a we are disappointed and then list all the excuses as he leaves the team in a shambles.

Then all the dopey media types that defended his every move for his entire tenure will turn on him and blame him for everything.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Fire him now. There's no point in just keeping him for appearance's sake, he had his kick at the can and it's a failure.

Even putting aside the lower scoring rut the team is in, even if we were 5-5 as a record right now, he failed to build a proper blue line and built a trash goaltending tandem, and as such it's an auto fail.

For his team build to work we needed to see improvement from the D or goaltending, and both are even worse.

It's like doing a final exam and just skipping the multiple choice section, like you probably have failed just on that basis.

Move Keith Gretzky or whoever to interim GM and just keep it as such until a slam dunk candidate is available.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Get this f***ing guy out of here. He needs to go now and the new GM can decide what he wants to do with the coaching. Holland has already axed 1 coach and is a lame duck GM. Even if McDavid is hurt that does not excuse the rest of the team to be this bad.

Reactions: Oilers88

NashtoNowitzki

Jan 8, 2019
Gonna post this for what feels like the hundredth time:

I've said it before and I'll say it again; hopefully one day the fact we have 2 supernovas on this team will stop fooling the dumber half of this fanbase into thinking Ken Holland is a good gm. He has surrounded them with inferior garbage for 4 years, and we can fire him any day now.

Does him adding a couple of complimentary forwards over a 4 year span, while eating his own shit on bottom 6, defense, goaltending, drafting, and salary cap impress anyone anymore? He is incompetent.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I'm curious if Holland still has the "100% full autonomy" Katz said he had at his introductory press conference.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
I'm curious if Holland still has the "100% full autonomy" Katz said he had at his introductory press conference.
Are you referring to that quote from Katz 4 years ago? If this is still the case, it's a really scary thought from what we've seen in his tenure here so far, hopefully he's already outta the picture, and Jackson is involved in the decision makings with Katz s' blessing

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Are you referring to that quote from Katz 4 years ago? If this is still the case, it's a really scary thought from what we've seen in his tenure here so far, hopefully he's already outta the picture, and Jackson is involved in the decision makings with Katz s' blessing
Yep...so I hope Jackson has some clout and not as much patience with Holland

Katz then addressed the fan base directly. “We have not delivered on the promise we made to our fans in recent years. You know it and I know it and we all know it. And while accountability for this falls on everyone in our organization, it starts and it stops with me. I want you to know we’re listening to our fans. We get it. And we’re doing everything we can to get it right. Secondly, Ken will report to Bob and have full autonomy on all hockey matters and personnel, but the two of them will work collaboratively and Bob will keep me in the loop and up to speed relative to what they’re doing as he has in the past.

Reactions: Zguy370

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Yep...so I hope Jackson has some clout and not as much patience with Holland

Katz then addressed the fan base directly. “We have not delivered on the promise we made to our fans in recent years. You know it and I know it and we all know it. And while accountability for this falls on everyone in our organization, it starts and it stops with me. I want you to know we’re listening to our fans. We get it. And we’re doing everything we can to get it right. Secondly, Ken will report to Bob and have full autonomy on all hockey matters and personnel, but the two of them will work collaboratively and Bob will keep me in the loop and up to speed relative to what they’re doing as he has in the past.

Apparently "getting it" doesn't include understanding that you have to have a defense and goalie in the NHL.

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad