Should Ken Holland be fired?

• Total voters

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Why would it take forty games?
because no GM comes in and immediately makes changes to a team he doesn't know
But I guess using that logic do you expect a new coach to implement their new system immediately and have it be effective?
yes...see Jay Woodcroft in 2022
see Mike Sullivan with the Pens in 2016
see Bruce Boudreau with the Caps in 2007

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
because no GM comes in and immediately makes changes to a team he doesn't know

yes...see Jay Woodcroft in 2022
see Mike Sullivan with the Pens in 2016
see Bruce Boudreau with the Caps in 2007
Well only one of those coaches has ever won anything.

But it’s Holland. He will probably call Babcock.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
That Connor Brown contract isn't just grounds for firing. That should be grounds for investigation for intentional sabotage.

YEGman

Dec 21, 2009
Edmonton
Detroit held a parade when we stupidly hired Holland and saved Yzerman from demoting him to parking lot attendant

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Holland doesn't care man lol. He has one foot out the door. I like how people in here are saying Fire Holland, like that's going to fix this generational disaster of a lineup. This is going to take a decade to fix. Even with competent drafting and GMing.

• Haha
Reactions: MessierII

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Holland doesn't care man lol. He has one foot out the door. I like how people in here are saying Fire Holland, like that's going to fix this generational disaster of a lineup. This is going to take a decade to fix. Even with competent drafting and GMing.
Coulda fixed it this last summer at least mostly.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
With Holland being a lame duck GM just waiting for his contract to end, I’m hoping that Jackson is taking an active interest in every potential transaction coming up. Also, with the “new & improved” stats group, I hope Jackson is getting direct info on trade targets of interest.
Quite frankly, I have more faith in Jackson’s evaluation skills than Hollands, given our changes this season.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
With Holland being a lame duck GM just waiting for his contract to end, I’m hoping that Jackson is taking an active interest in every potential transaction coming up. Also, with the “new & improved” stats group, I hope Jackson is getting direct info on trade targets of interest.
Quite frankly, I have more faith in Jackson’s evaluation skills than Hollands, given our changes this season.
Just what we need rookie gm and rookie coach

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
Not ideal for sure. But I think it’s better than status quo.
As to coaching, Woodcroft isn’t a rookie…kinda.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Holland isn’t going anywhere.

Woody isn’t going anywhere.

It’s Ride Or Die with those 2 this year for better or for worse.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Holland isn’t going anywhere.

Woody isn’t going anywhere.

It’s Ride Or Die with those 2 this year for better or for worse.
I can't see how firing Holland would make any difference now. He's in the last year of his contract and the club is so cap constrained that any serious moves are out of the question.

The club will probably finish the season with "Gentleman Ken" and move on from there.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I can't see how firing Holland would make any difference now. He's in the last year of his contract and the club is so cap constrained that any serious moves are out of the question.

The club will probably finish the season with "Gentleman Ken" and move on from there.
Yeah why bother trying to make any changes of worth. Full steam ahead into the Iceburg.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Yeah why bother trying to make any changes of worth. Full steam ahead into the Iceburg.

fb8669ca0750975f6979708eeb6c5c8a.jpg

This team should just decide on a course of action and then do the opposite of what they were planning to do.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

So you fire Ken Holland and replace him with......who? Teams wont allow candidates to be interviewed mid season.

You fire Holland now and you've drastically limited the playing field for his replacement unless your good with JJ hiring one of his buddies now in the same vein Burger Bob hired his buddies without a proper in-depth candidate search and a top to bottom organizational needs assessment.

Reactions: MoontoScott

ConnorNova0929

Feb 25, 2023
I would hope that Holland has been effectively dismissed behind the scenes and is not solely in charge of roster moves going forward. The last time we let a desperate GM make some moves to "right the ship" we were treated with Spooner, Petrovic, Brandon Manning (wtf) and the Koskinen extension.

Reactions: MoontoScott

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
So you fire Ken Holland and replace him with......who? Teams wont allow candidates to be interviewed mid season.

You fire Holland now and you've drastically limited the playing field for his replacement unless your good with JJ hiring one of his buddies now in the same vein Burger Bob hired his buddies without a proper in-depth candidate search and a top to bottom organizational needs assessment.
There’s people that get paid far more money than I’ll ever see to make those decisions. I don’t know who’s out there but I’d get started now.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012

Agreed- probably best to leave it alone until season's end and then do a thorough search with the whole league as your target. Did someone say that his son is the favorite to take over?

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I would hope that Holland has been effectively dismissed behind the scenes and is not solely in charge of roster moves going forward. The last time we let a desperate GM make some moves to "right the ship" we were treated with Spooner, Petrovic, Brandon Manning (wtf) and the Koskinen extension.
Too funny-who was Brandon Manning?

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Agreed- probably best to leave it alone until season's end and then do a thorough search with the whole league as your target. Did someone say that his son is the favorite to take over?
You wait that long and the next GM might be facilitating McDavid and Draisatl trades.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad