Player Discussion Corey Perry

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
I saw a post in the comments section of an AC article after the season seat holder meeting. It said many incredulous things, one of which was that Perry had a knee injury all year. Too lazy to dig up that post, but if you look hard enough you'll probably find it. There were about 10 other things reported to be said by BM, most of which were ridiculous and flat out fabrications.

I was at select a seat (I think it was the first one but it was whichever session Hampus was at). And BM absolutely did not say most of the things in that post, and he most certainly did not disclose any sort of Perry injury. The tweet made by that girl that day reported pretty much everything BM said.

Edit: never mind it was easy to find. I think you'll find it as ridiculous as I did. The best parts are when BM supposedly says things that are factually wrong (like Steel playing in SD next year).

https://www.anaheimcalling.com/2017/6/12/15784572/strap-in-the-offseason-is-here#431927021

Last edited:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
That guy is full of ****. Fower wanting 500K in the lockout year. He does know that you legally can't pay that little when the other years are miles higher right? Not unless he meant 500k plus massive bonuses which the Ducks would never go for.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
And there you have the source for the ludicrous "article" claiming Perry was hurt all year with a sprained MCL. Do people really think AC is even remotely credible? Those clowns make Eklund look like McKenzie.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Why would Anaheim not rest Perry for a portion of last season if he sprained it near the start of the season.......it makes no sense at all.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
Why would Anaheim not rest Perry for a portion of last season if he sprained it near the start of the season.......it makes no sense at all.

Well, he did say it was severely sprained and ready to tear at any time. I'm no doctor, but maybe that's the type of sprain you can play on?

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
No, that's the type you at a minimum rest and possibly get surgery on, so you don't do what RG3 did.

That was was a sarcastic face situation. Sorry, I didn't think I needed to put it in.

Ready to "tear at any time", is pretty over the top. It points to that part of the story being hyperbole at best, or just a lie.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
It would have been kind of a relief so to speak to hear about a secret leg problem which would explain Perry's bad year. Not that I would wish any injury to anyone, but it would have explained a lot. He did have a very low shooting percentage (8,8) while his career average is 13,2 which is why he's bound to rebound. Problem is that is he going to get a quality linemates (especially a center) to feed him because Getzlaf nowadays seems to play well with everyone and with the 2nd line intact, it only leaves Vermette or Rasmussen for Perry and neither really are up for the job. Maybe Rakell even as a winger could provide playmaking but is it going to hinder his own goal scoring if he's passing to Perry?

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Apparently there is a Disney app called Where's my Perry?
http://lol.disney.com/games/disneychannel-wheres-my-perry-app

And no, he's not a duck, he's a platypus
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perry_the_Platypus

This may be old as the internet, but I just saw it the other day by coincidence.

He's teal. It's gotta be the same Perry.

Perry_the_Platypus.png

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Apparently there is a Disney app called Where's my Perry?
http://lol.disney.com/games/disneychannel-wheres-my-perry-app

And no, he's not a duck, he's a platypus
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perry_the_Platypus

This may be old as the internet, but I just saw it the other day by coincidence.
Platypus basically is a duck+beaver+otter.
But in Platypus latin name there is a ''anatinus'''which is basically a duck. Also in latvian we call them literally ''duck-beaks''
SO there is a very very close connection. For what it`s worth :D

Funny that we have an ANAheim team, Ducks, which in latin is ANAtinus

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
If I had to guess a secret injury for Perry it wouldn't be a leg thing. Either like an arm thing or a back thing.

Or maybe an everything thing.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
If I had to guess a secret injury for Perry it wouldn't be a leg thing. Either like an arm thing or a back thing.

Or maybe an everything thing.

At some points during the last season it looked like he was month-to-month with a lack of motivation. :sarcasm:
I hope it`s not a season-to-season thing

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
Perry looked like Perry which is very encouraging. Also great he got rewarded for that effort and his confidence is sky high.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
I wonder what people predictions for Perry goal totals will be this season. Hopefully he is able to reach 30+ goals again but I feel like he will not actually do so hopefully I am wrong.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I wonder what people predictions for Perry goal totals will be this season. Hopefully he is able to reach 30+ goals again but I feel like he will not actually do so hopefully I am wrong.

If I were to guess I would say 25-30. I think he bounces back somewhat but not quite to the level he was pre 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad