Player Discussion Corey Perry

Status
Not open for further replies.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Looks like Perry is on pace to match his 2016/17 point total. He was 19/34 and he is 2/4 through 9 games.

I'm sure he put in a lot of effort over the off-season to maintain a that level of consistency... lol.

John

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Still slumpy season but he had a great 1st game and lately has started to look like a player we need him to be.

2+7=9 points in last 7 games including 3 streight 2 point games now. To be honest, some of those assists could as well be counted in as goals imo. He has just been creating stuff lately.

Thoughts?

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Hopefully he keeps it up once the lineup gets healthy again. I've been watching only highlights lately but a bunch of goals have happened because Perry's shot rebounded to a fellow teammate or he drove to the net or made a nice pass (or scored himself obviously). That Perry is needed and not the disinterested, slow surfer Perry.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
He's not the goal scorer he once was, but he's still got real good vision and is also real good on the cycle. I think those things are helping him stay productive for us. He's putting up points and that's what matters right now, and he's looked better the last few games as well.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
4 goals 12 assists 16 points in 20 games. Perry just isn't the goal scorer he once was but he can still put up some points just not $8,625,000 worth.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
6 goals 14 assists 20 points in 28 games. Still isn't a big goal scoring threat I don't think he will ever be a big threat again if he manages to reach low 20's ever again that is the best I think we can hope.

Reactions: RakAttack

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
he is playing better than last year imo and he hasn't had getzlaf. I'm happy relative to my expectations. looked decent with rakell and henrique.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He has changed his style a bit, he doesn`t have that same soft hands skill around the net he used to - that was his bread and butter back in the day and that is how he made his name. It feels like he has lost that ability a bit - he`s still a good player, just not what he used to be.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
he is playing better than last year imo and he hasn't had getzlaf. I'm happy relative to my expectations. looked decent with rakell and henrique.
I wonder how much Getzlaf coming back will help Perry cause Perry now passes more than before, will he just pass it right back to Getzlaf ? Perry is on pace for like 43 assists & only 17 goals.
They probably need a shoot first type guy on their line if their back on the same line together.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
I wonder how much Getzlaf coming back will help Perry cause Perry now passes more than before, will he just pass it right back to Getzlaf ? Perry is on pace for like 43 assists & only 17 goals.
They probably need a shoot first type guy on their line if their back on the same line together.

I personally think it will help their cycling game. I do think you're right though, that they need a shooter. I think Rakell or Henrique could fit the bill there.

Oct 18, 2011
He looks fine to me he looked good with Getzlaf before, i think the goals will come as we get more skill in the lineup. He's been in the dirty areas, I'm not to worried. Him and Silf have been most affected by the injuries from my POV. I suspect they'll produce more.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
good to see perry taking his rightful place on the 4th line... hope he can figure it out because next step is pressbox.

Reactions: Getz2perry

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
Perry is producing as a 2nd liner, but being paid as an elite RW. It was a matter of time before that contract sucked

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
I hope Perry can find a home on Henrique's wing and make it work. Otherwise things are looking pretty grim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->