Player Discussion Corey Perry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Had a bad playoffs playing with a bottom 6 forward and Rakell who wasn't himself after appendix surgery.

He is going to be playing in world championship in Russia

If he does well in world championships I expect a **** storm from many Ducks fans.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Thompson played well. Should we feel bad for Perry because his line had a winger who worked his butt off but doesn't have elite skills? Don't think Nate was the issue.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Why, perry is a competitor.... he is probably hardest on himself after that series and going to get back on the ice and work at bettering himself.

Different style of hockey. His improvement needs to be in fighting through tough NHL checking. Floating around against some Euro teams probably isn't going to do much for him.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Thompson played well. Should we feel bad for Perry because his line had a winger who worked his butt off but doesn't have elite skills? Don't think Nate was the issue.

Perry was in a bad situation that was asking for trouble and it happened. He should of been playing with Getzlaf the entire series.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Perry was in a bad situation that was asking for trouble and it happened. He should of been playing with Getzlaf the entire series.

Perry was getting third line matchups. He should be good enough to score against that kind of competition with two blind, legless nuns as his linemates.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Perry was getting third line matchups. He should be good enough to score against that kind of competition with two blind, legless nuns as his linemates.

While playing with 2 players who he shouldn't be playing with and was the main focus to be shutdown. Even playing against 3rd lines if your being focused on like that it can be hard to score especially given the linemate situation.

The hyperbole was funny.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Pipe dream, I know... But boy how I wish base salaries would be more incentive based. I do realize players get a bonus in the playoffs for each round, but it's coffee change compared to the multi-million $ base salaries we give these guys before they even get on the ice for the season. This isn't directed just at Perry, obviously.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I love him but he's in decline and can't skate very well.some red flags there for sure but I'm not sure if there's any kind of a solution

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Perry is fine, it was a bad series. He looked great before his knee was wrecked last season, and with everything that's gone on, and without the distraction of his wedding, I'd expect him to show up strong for camp.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Perry is fine, it was a bad series. He looked great before his knee was wrecked last season, and with everything that's gone on, and without the distraction of his wedding, I'd expect him to show up strong for camp.
I'd like to believe that but I'm afraid there's no guarantee. I mean, if you can't get motivated by being only one step away from a chance to play for a cup...

They'll likely want to impress a new coach, but that only goes so far.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
I'd like to believe that but I'm afraid there's no guarantee. I mean, if you can't get motivated by being only one step away from a chance to play for a cup...

This line of thinking implies that he has a history of not showing up to start the season and/or being a no-show in the playoffs. That's just not the case with him.

Motivation is also making a big assumption, it's also possible that the team felt defeated after that Chicago loss, they may have simply lost faith in themselves (or their coach). Maybe I'm reaching a bit, but let's not act like the guy has been a floater for years or is washed up.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Why doesn't anyone like he is playing for the WC, dude needs some confidence, and dwelling on his PO performance isn't going to help anyone.

If he didn't care, he would take the summer off.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
This line of thinking implies that he has a history of not showing up to start the season and/or being a no-show in the playoffs. That's just not the case with him.

Motivation is also making a big assumption, it's also possible that the team felt defeated after that Chicago loss, they may have simply lost faith in themselves (or their coach). Maybe I'm reaching a bit, but let's not act like the guy has been a floater for years or is washed up.
I just find it hard to believe how that was not a motivation enough to come to camp in top shape. And it wasn't only him.

I'm not even in "let's trade him" camp.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Why doesn't anyone like he is playing for the WC, dude needs some confidence, and dwelling on his PO performance isn't going to help anyone.

If he didn't care, he would take the summer off.

The last time he went to the WC wasn't such a good thing for his reputation.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Even if Perry didn't have an NMC, I doubt that he would be traded this summer. Murray has to see him under a new coach before it comes to that. If it's the same story by midseason or next summer, then you'll start hearing word of his possibly being moved. I don't doubt that he'll get an ear full when he meets with management on clean out day.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
I just find it hard to believe how that was not a motivation enough to come to camp in top shape. And it wasn't only him.

I'm not even in "let's trade him" camp.

Well, you may be right, I'm not exactly going to wear myself out defending him here. But I do think his track record shows that this season/playoffs is the exception to the norm, so he should get a little more benefit of the doubt than the pitchfork folks are giving him (not saying you are in that camp). But I can understand why people are a little disillusioned by our stars right now.

Also, when you have a team that has so many guys off to a rough start, and more than just Perry starting the season out of shape, there must be more to it than his personal motivation level. Not that it couldn't still be partly motivation, but there's some sort of group mentality at play. Either they all were given too much rope and Bruce didn't have his house in order, or they were broken by last season's loss.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

Yeah, that should start sometime after they hit full stride, Nov? Dec? Then they can go for the hat trick with getting coaches fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad