Recalled/Assigned: Colton Orr

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Put the C on his jersey for this game. I bet he wouldn't of let this tank happen and let these guys play the way they are without doing something about it. Maybe that's why they kept him on the Marlies for so long.

Darkside Blue

There/They're/Their
Feb 17, 2014
Put the C on his jersey for this game. I bet he wouldn't of let this tank happen and let these guys play the way they are without doing something about it. Maybe that's why they kept him on the Marlies for so long.

I agree. I'm not so eager to see him fight as I am to see him shake the **** out of the lifeless, going through the motions players on the team. It must drive him crazy seeing those guys with all that talent half-assing their way through games. Hope he puts the fear of God in a few of those guys, and that the Leafs hire him as asst. coach in coach of ass-kicking and motivation for next year.

Fonzieleaf

Jul 8, 2013
Collingwood, Ontario
Time to say goodbye. Interesting as he was the longest serving leaf up until this Saturday.

Always gave it his all despite his skill and was one of the best fighters in the NHL during his tenure. I wish he was on the team through the season to give them some toughness and heart. A quality a lot of our players don't have. Instead of having a team full of pansies.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
would call up FML as well. Goon it up for Saturday against the habs.

It's a good opportunity to send the habs a bit bruised and battered into the playoffs.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014

:facepalm:

Not sure if sarcasm or not.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Maybe not, but I'd like to take the opportunity to remind everyone of the impact our 'skilled' fourth line was supposed to have this year. Might as we'll have had him up all year.

How were our advanced stats this year though? Were they better with a more skilled team? That's all that matters.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Really nice gesture. Crowd should stand on its feet and give him a nice send off.

I wish he could square off against the "top" line…. on our team. Now that would be entertainment.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Fun Fact:

Colton Orr has scored 36 goals in his entire hockey career. That includes all regular season and playoff games in the WHL, AHL and NHL.

So 36 more than everyone on the Leafs boards put together? He was always one of my favorite players. Feared nobody.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
When the leafs sucked in 2012 they at least were entertaining to watch because Orr would fight and win so much and the team as a whole would play hard. Not so much of that this year.

Rufio65*

Putting his physical well being on the line more so than any player.

It's a dangerous thing to fight in the NHL, and he never held back. Easy to get your $$$ and take your foot of the gas.

Also when he got sent down to the AHL the first he really reinvented his game for a 2nd chance, and he got it.

Hard not to like him.

Yep. Nice send off for Orr, and a classy move by this organization.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Good for the Leafs. How many people on these boards know what kind of effect he had on the players playing for the Marlies ? Maybe he went above and beyond down there. Nothing wrong with this at all.

CaymanIslands

Apr 12, 2014
Cayman Islands
Love the guys thinking we should not play Orr....why so we can win with a good call up and drop to 5th in drafting order??

Plus Orr played tough for us for several years and played to the best of his skills and took few stupid penalties

This is a class move 100% and I hope he gets a standing O

PhiladelphiaKessel

DontCrossthe****Line
Aug 9, 2010
yAfHLaV.gif

McLaren_Laughs.gif

iqKeNUFcJPi3W.gif

Sigh.... Better times

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Putting his physical well being on the line more so than any player.

It's a dangerous thing to fight in the NHL, and he never held back. Easy to get your $$$ and take your foot of the gas.

Also when he got sent down to the AHL the first he really reinvented his game for a 2nd chance, and he got it.

Hard not to like him.

This needs to be re-read by a few people. Hardest toll on the body in sports. Like the Champ he was, he never quit his job. All the other players leaving are going to another team. Their careers aren't over and I'm sure guys like Kadri will be ecstatic for this. I expect a big game out of Kadri. I hope they get a few shifts together, Naz played his best hockey as a cocky kid with Orr and McLaren watching out for him.

Very classy move by the organization, it gives me reason to watch. I've been skipping the 3rd for House of Cards the last few weeks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad