Recalled/Assigned: Colton Orr

Mynameismark*

Parros?That KO is what took away Orr's killer instinc.

He didnt do anything in it though. Parros landed funny after Orr slipped.

I think the closest he came to a win was while he was a Ranger and he tried to beat Bouillon.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
He didnt do anything in it though. Parros landed funny after Orr slipped.

I think the closest he came to a win was while he was a Ranger and he tried to beat Bouillon.

Orr was holding onto Parros as he went down and flipped Parros over him with Parros cracking his face on the ice.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
He's another warrior along the lines of wade belak. Enjoy them well they are still here, because their basically extinct now.
The last time we had heavyweights in the lineup we were making the playoffs, so what does that say?
I'm not going to speak ill of Orr, but we made the playoffs once.

"We were making the playoffs" implies we were regular playoff participants.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
I'm not going to speak ill of Orr, but we made the playoffs once.

"We were making the playoffs" implies we were regular playoff participants.

You just did not understand what I said. We had two heavyweights in the lineup. Orr and McLaren. Before that with belak domi and whoever else we were always in the playoffs

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
My favourite Colton Orr moment :laugh:

How was this goal allowed?

He was looking at the ref after they scored and scared the **** out of him obviously. Even the Panthers did nothing after that happened.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
My favourite Colton Orr moment :laugh:

How was this goal allowed?

I was at this game - it was ridiculous but I loved it! One of my favourite moments too. The other was a combo goal with Fraser McLaren.

Feel-good moments when it was fun to watch. Not that long ago.

DesertHombre

Oct 10, 2013
It's a sad commentary on what the Toronto Maple Leafs have been, when it's a celebration when a goon is brought in for a swan song. One anylists mentioned how the Leafs Nation has had no star players who are the heart of this team to celebrate, therefore fans have idolized the role players like Colton Orr and Leo Komorov.
This should be a clear message to Brendan Shanahan that the Leaf fans need (deserve) a star player who the fans can admire, who isn't a 4 minute a game role player. Phil Kessel, Dion Phaneuf, Tyler Bozak, Joffery Luppul and even Nazem Kadri are not marquee players for this fan base. If you go into any team's Areana they will have their "poster player(s)", who will be the Leaf's "Poster Guy"?

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
It's a sad commentary on what the Toronto Maple Leafs have been, when it's a celebration when a goon is brought in for a swan song. One anylists mentioned how the Leafs Nation has had no star players who are the heart of this team to celebrate, therefore fans have idolized the role players like Colton Orr and Leo Komorov.
This should be a clear message to Brendan Shanahan that the Leaf fans need (deserve) a star player who the fans can admire, who isn't a 4 minute a game role player. Phil Kessel, Dion Phaneuf, Tyler Bozak, Joffery Luppul and even Nazem Kadri are not marquee players for this fan base. If you go into any team's Areana they will have their "poster player(s)", who will be the Leaf's "Poster Guy"?

So you believe that a player retiring doesn't deserve any celebration unless they are a star?The heart and soul players like Orr contribute to the success of a team as much as a guy like Kessel.

FriedEgg

Sep 26, 2009
Not sure why there is any negative comments about the move. Toronto hockey fans have always loved their hard nosed, hard working, blue collar, lunch pail guys (orr, tucker, foligno, Clark, motor city Smitty). Some of these guys were not the most talented, but they worked their butts off and TO fans appreciate it.

Orr did exactly what he was paid to do. He was an enforcer and he enforced as good as any in the league. He gave his all night in and out. We as TO fans were never cheated by Orr when it came to effort.

I hope he gets a great ovation from the TO fans who appreciated his hard work and willingness to do a dangerous job.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
Not sure why there is any negative comments about the move. Toronto hockey fans have always loved their hard nosed, hard working, blue collar, lunch pail guys (orr, tucker, foligno, Clark, motor city Smitty). Some of these guys were not the most talented, but they worked their butts off and TO fans appreciate it.

Orr did exactly what he was paid to do. He was an enforcer and he enforced as good as any in the league. He gave his all night in and out. We as TO fans were never cheated by Orr when it came to effort.

I hope he gets a great ovation from the TO fans who appreciated his hard work and willingness to do a dangerous job.

Most likely posters from the anti - fighting crowd.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Great teammate and a major presence for the team.

Glad he was given a proper send off by the Leafs.

He sacrificed more in one game than most of these guys have in 82.

PureTruculence

Jan 23, 2014
Coincidence that Toronto actually had some fight in them last night? I think not. Everyone seems to play a little more chippy with Orr in there.

After that Dion everyone was getting fired up but instantly calmed down once Orr came over.

God bless the Sheriff, he had one hell of a run. Hopefully he can find work next year and keep blessing us with his purely truculent presence.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Just saw the game in an hour. Dion must have been happy not having to fight after laying that guy out at the blue line because Orr was there to step in for him.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
It's a shame Orr and others like him are vanishing from the game.The "new"NHL,what a sorry excuse for hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad