Recalled/Assigned: Colton Orr

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
He's put more on the line than 99% of our roster have for us, so a nice gesture I suppose.

buttman*

This is a nice move by the organization. Orr is not the most talented player -- EVERYONE -- gets that.

He made a career out of sticking up for his teammates and he did his job well.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
Would have been nice to see this guy pummel some players in the midst of the Leafs atrocious second half. I'd have called him up sooner.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
He made a career out of sticking up for his teammates and he did his job well.

You know, when you think of it like that, it's a stand up move.

Forget what you think about fighting, or that type of player, it's a VERY hard role to play.

He always stuck up for his teammates. Nice for him to go out alongside them.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I still love thinking about that game when Orr and McLaren beat the snot out of the Habs:yo:

yAfHLaV.gif

McLaren_Laughs.gif

iqKeNUFcJPi3W.gif

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Nice gesture for a good soldier.
Good to see them showing some class during this debacle.

i agree, this is a reward for being a good soldier and could showcase him for another team, for next year.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
i agree, this is a reward for being a good soldier and could showcase him for another team, for next year.

He couldn't get into the Marlies lineup most of the season. 0 points in 14 games and no fights. Looked pretty bad when he did get in.

This looks to me like a player that plans to retire. Maybe he gets an AHL contract for a team that wants a depth player that can play a game week or so... maybe.

Colton Orr simply cannot fight anymore. Far too many head injuries. He's done. I really hope he doesn't fight Saturday.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
What a joke. Well, if they're doing it they might as well do it right...put him on the PP, put him on the PK, make this tank move count.

He better fight someone at least, that's all he's good at (And he's barely good at that anymore).

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
What a joke. Well, if they're doing it they might as well do it right...put him on the PP, put him on the PK, make this tank move count.

He better fight someone at least, that's all he's good at (And he's barely good at that anymore).

Gutless post. I think it's his last game and Nonis and him already had a conversation about his retirement. One last time doing what he loves. Wouldn't contribute this to tanking at all. Probably gets 5-10 mins ice time. I do hope we lose tho! :sarcasm:

Reddaye

Nov 1, 2011
New Brunswick
I think a big part of this that's missing is that this is a retirement game for Orr. They're not just randomly calling him up and saying thanks for being a Leaf. It's a gesture to give him a NHL send off for his last game.

Anyone who thinks this is a "joke" should shake their head. It's a classy move for a guy who was brought in to do one thing, and that's basically what he did. If you were expecting more from Colton Orr it's your own fault.

A good soldier. Happy to see this.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Giving a guy that was a strong soldier for us an NHL send off to his caree in a complete meaningless game... means this organization is a joke?

:laugh: some people

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Gutless post. I think it's his last game and Nonis and him already had a conversation about his retirement. One last time doing what he loves. Wouldn't contribute this to tanking at all. Probably gets 5-10 mins ice time. I do hope we lose tho! :sarcasm:

Gutless? How? What I said is true.

Pretty sad that people care more about this potentially being Orr's last game than they do it potentially being the last game Kessel or Phaneuf or Bernier play as a Leaf. Just goes to show many fans still value the wrong things. People retire, so what? He isn't good enough to be an NHL player and hasn't been for a long time, that's why he hasn't been with the team.

All in all, it doesn't really matter anyway, it's a pointless game but like I said, goes to show the value some fans still place in a talentless player.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I am old school fan so I love players like Orr. Players like him give you a sense of confidence, a little wiggle room for skilled players

I still remember when he broke Lucic's nose and pounded Scott. Another one would be he blooded Macgratten?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Is he retiring?
if he is, he should get a video tribute of all the times he smoked a Hab. On Saturday. that would be nice. :nod:

At any rate, no one can say that the Organization doesn't do nice things for people. they didn't have to do this at all, and if he is leaving, thanks for the memories. He'll play his 4 minutes (if that), tip his hat, and call it a career. [maybe]. Some of you are just miserable to be miserable.

Reddaye

Nov 1, 2011
New Brunswick
Gutless? How? What I said is true.

Pretty sad that people care more about this potentially being Orr's last game than they do it potentially being the last game Kessel or Phaneuf or Bernier play as a Leaf. Just goes to show many fans still value the wrong things.

Retirement is a little bit different than being traded to another team.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I think a big part of this that's missing is that this is a retirement game for Orr. They're not just randomly calling him up and saying thanks for being a Leaf. It's a gesture to give him a NHL send off for his last game.

Anyone who thinks this is a "joke" should shake their head. It's a classy move for a guy who was brought in to do one thing, and that's basically what he did. If you were expecting more from Colton Orr it's your own fault.

A good soldier. Happy to see this.

Yep. He has more courage in his baby finger than the entire roster combined. Sill/Carrick and Orr will be interesting to watch lol. Montréal is scratching half their roster as we speak. Its the flu.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00