Recalled/Assigned: Colton Orr

Schweiz

Feb 25, 2006
Windsor
MTL board is screaming to hide the silverware.

Can't help but wonder if having an enforcer would have made this season more tolerable.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
MTL board is screaming to hide the silverware.

Can't help but wonder if having an enforcer would have made this season more tolerable.

Gary: We don't want you dressing Orr or McLaren this year. Trying to clean up the game.

Nonuts: OK Gary, but without them the team has no heart. We're going to fold up like a cheap lawn chair.

Gary: We'll make it worth your while.

Nonuts: Waddya mean?

Gary: You'll see at the draft lottery!

RadekBong

Sep 27, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Don't care what anyone says, Orr, Mclaren, and Fraser bringing that level of grit to the game day in day out was a massive factor in our success the lockout year. Not to mention it kept the cheapshotters away from Komarov.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
When the leafs sucked in 2012 they at least were entertaining to watch because Orr would fight and win so much and the team as a whole would play hard. Not so much of that this year.

I'm pretty sure Orr was on the Marlies in 2012. But yes even when the team sucked around 09-10 I enjoyed watching them because they were tough and played hard.

I remember the D was something like Phaneuf, Beauchemin, Komisarek, Exelby, Finger, Schenn, etc. lmao so bad but still entertaining to watch because they played tough and stood up for the team

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Bruins fan here. I love this, i absolutely love this. Colton Orr is one of the last true enoforcers, hell, probably THE last true enforcer the NHL has ever had. He wasn't a guy who would let you off the hook like most guys would, he would grab you, regardless of skill and start hammering you if you did something wrong. That's what i miss about this league, and i don't really like where it is heading. I'm thinking this is his final game in Hockey and i hope he can go out with a bang. I have always been a huge Colton Orr fan, and i think this is the last hurrah for an NHL enforcer.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Times changed. Orr aged, injuries probably caught up with him, but more than anything, the time for his type of game had passed. Staged fighting has all but been eliminated from the game and we saw that in his last season. Nobody wanted to fight him and when they did, the linesmen would often jump in and break it up.

He deserves this call-up, not only as a gesture for his service to this organization (over 200+ games), but as one of the last true heavyweights the league will ever have.

Good for Orr. Hoping to see one more smurf piledriving. One last time.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
I'll miss the guy. Even though he's a bad hockey player, he and McLaren created an identity in that lockout season that we've lacked ever since they demoted him

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
He really reinvented his game down in the AHL. 0 goals, 0 assists. Oh, no, not in being a productive hockey player. In the PIMS department -- just 4 of them this year.

Colton Orr has always sucked. Amongst the least useful NHLers in history for sure.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
He really reinvented his game down in the AHL. 0 goals, 0 assists. Oh, no, not in being a productive hockey player. In the PIMS department -- just 4 of them this year.

Colton Orr has always sucked. Amongst the least useful NHLers in history for sure.

There are far more Useless players.

Colton Orr has had productive years in the Goonery years of the NHL. He actually could skate and would intimidate any fringe tough guy (see Lucic) who wanted to run at his brothers.

Not saying he was great by any means or is useful nowadays - but he knew his job and what it was going to take. Solid career, solid living...rest the knuckles big guy.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Orr's presence isn't going to show up on the stat sheet.

I don't know why we're so focused on trying to quantify a player by linking some sort of stat to him. We know the type of player that he is.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
This call up should have been made months ago. He's one of the only players who would lose with honor. A warrior who fights and wins or loses with dignity.

What a player. Him, McLaren, Polak, Komarov... Booth, Polak, Bernier, ... and some others are players who we should keep. They love the leafs and want to win and play with heart and soul.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
This call up should have been made months ago. He's one of the only players who would lose with honor. A warrior who fights and wins or loses with dignity.

What a player. Him, McLaren, Polak, Komarov... Booth, Polak, Bernier, ... and some others are players who we should keep. They love the leafs and want to win and play with heart and soul.

Who needs 'talent' and 'skill', amirite!? :laugh::facepalm:

FriedEgg

Sep 26, 2009
His teammates appreciated everything he brought to the game. Nice gesture. Just hope the "entitled" don't actually get motivated by it.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Sigh.... Better times

I love how to this day, Hab fans still claim he went after Gionta and suckered Bourque when if you watch the video, he attempted to check a player who slashed him then Gionta actually engaged him (Orr's feet do not move from the blue line where he fell while Gionta comes from beyond other lines), Orr does not punch Gionta,just wrestles and the Bourque comes in as 3rd man and removes Orr's helmet while his head is down and not looking and THEN Bourque throws the first punch, Orr stands up and KO's him.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
Gave everything for the team.More heart in his pinky than this whole team has.Sorry to see the sheriff retire.
For all you posters putting him down,try going a round with the guy.Maybe you'll learn some respect.The end of an era.The ************* of the league is almost complete.Next up - suspensions for fighting.

CanadaBacon

#SavetheGoons
Mar 15, 2009
Hamilton
I will always be an Orr fan. Loved the Leaf and bled for it. Bigger balls hanging from this dude than the entire roster these days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad