Recalled/Assigned: Colton Orr

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I am old school fan so I love players like Orr. Players like him give you a sense of confidence, a little wiggle room for skilled players

I still remember when he broke Lucic's nose and pounded Scott. Another one would be he blooded Macgratten?

Don't forget the tilts with Carkner (when he was with the Sens). The score was pretty even by the end I think but those 2 really went at it.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
He couldn't get into the Marlies lineup most of the season. 0 points in 14 games and no fights. Looked pretty bad when he did get in.

This looks to me like a player that plans to retire. Maybe he gets an AHL contract for a team that wants a depth player that can play a game week or so... maybe.

Colton Orr simply cannot fight anymore. Far too many head injuries. He's done. I really hope he doesn't fight Saturday.

Your right, I think his time has past but like you were saying, maybe he will be picked up by another AHL team, that is looking for some muscle but likely just a parting salute from the fans at the ACC.

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
For all the yapping this team performed their best when they had Orr and MacLaren. Sure they lacked hockey skill but apposing teams had to be honest with their game. I hope they can find that tough guy in the future for this team, it will need it with all these young skilled players they plan on bringing in.

Fabs

Dec 19, 2005
Nice gesture for a guy whose health has suffered for the team in a meaningless game.

Some of these comments though... I swear worst thing about being a Leaf fan isn't the team, it's the fans.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
A nice send off for Orr. Last year of his contract, and likely his last NHL game, I can't see any team picking him up next year.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Justin Fisher ‏@thejustinfisher 4m4 minutes ago
The thing about Colton Orr is that he did everything he was asked to do. Can't fault him in any way.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
Thank you for what exactly?

This is...too much.

Thank you for your heart, Colton. I hope on Saturday some of it rubs off on this heartless team and the heartless fans who don't appreciate what you have done for your teammates.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Leafs never recovered this year by replacing the toughness lost by Orr/McLaren making them a much easier team to play against.

Orr is likely to retire after this season so letting him do that as an NHLer by this recall is a classy act by the organization. :yo:

Orr only dressed for 14 games all season as a Marlie.

CBinTokyo

Jan 15, 2013
Tokyo
Orr reminds me of Frattin. He seems to have some decent skills sometimes, but just can't seem to put it together.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
This is a guy that played with heart and energy, on a team filled with heartless and uninterested players.

It has nothing to do with the fact that he was a fighter. Fans see that he gave it all, and respect is earned from that.

Did he get worse? Yes, that is he why he played just 14 AHL games this season.

We are giving him the chance to play a final game before retirement.

It's a very classy move. There is no other alternative statement. It's a classy move.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Been a fan favourite of mine. There is nobody he was afraid of and that playoff run was the last joy I had watching the Leafs lately. That being said retirement is a good idea.

Will be happy to see him one more time.

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
Hope Carolina wins tonight so the Leafs can beat the **** out of the Habs and send Orr off the right way.

Say what you want about his hockey skills, the guy was a warrior for us and did everything he was asked.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Shanahan possibly to make an announcement about management next week.

Colton Orr recalled to the Leafs, possibly set to retire

Read between the lines folks, its happening :scared:

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Interesting that Orr's last game will become more of a focus than what is also potentially the last games as Leafs for players like Phaneuf, Kessel, Bozak, JVR, Lupul, etc.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Amazing move, I love this.

I loved Orr every second he was a Maple Leaf, going to be an emotional game. May be the last we see of a player like Colt .45 Orr. One of my favourite Leafs post-lockout.

Thank you for what exactly?

This is...too much.
Lol, wow. Hope this is sarcasm.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
This is a guy that played with heart and energy, on a team filled with heartless and uninterested players.

It has nothing to do with the fact that he was a fighter. Fans see that he gave it all, and respect is earned from that.

Did he get worse? Yes, that is he why he played just 14 AHL games this season.

We are giving him the chance to play a final game before retirement.

It's a very classy move. There is no other alternative statement. It's a classy move.
Well put.

I hope the building gives him an ovation, that's one of the hardest roles in hockey and he was nothing short of a warrior. Will never forget what he did for the Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00