Recalled/Assigned: Colton Orr

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
Thank you for what exactly?

This is...too much.

Putting his physical well being on the line more so than any player.

It's a dangerous thing to fight in the NHL, and he never held back. Easy to get your $$$ and take your foot of the gas.

Also when he got sent down to the AHL the first he really reinvented his game for a 2nd chance, and he got it.

Hard not to like him.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
It's because he's retiring. I'm okay with it, give him one more.

Edit: Oop. This isn't confirmed but it's his last year on contract and is being speculated.

Last edited:

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara

It's a dangerous thing to fight in the NHL, and he never held back. Easy to get your $$$ and take your foot of the gas.

Also when he got sent down to the AHL the first he really reinvented his game for a 2nd chance, and he got it.

Hard not to like him.

Thanks for saying what is obvious here but some cynical "fans" don't get - he gave it all for this team - nuff said.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
He's baaaaaaaack!

Hoping for one last tilt in a Leafs sweater.

Colton has played some damn good 4th line hockey in a Leafs sweater, and some less than stellar hockey as well. Still, I like that they are showing him some respect here. He's shown the Leafs respect, and it's good he gets some back.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Hard not to like him.

He definitely played a tough role but I fail to see why the Leafs have anything to thank him for or owe him much. It's the only reason he was in the NHL to begin with. Should we thank (and bring back) Rosehill, Wilm and other past tough guys that played the role of the heavy weight without contributing anything else?

But I guess it's a nice gesture considering the head traumas he suffered over the last few years. A nice last game before he likely retires in a meaningless game, I'm fine with it.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Nice gesture for a good soldier.
Good to see them showing some class during this debacle.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
If he somehow scores and we win I will lose it.

Having said that, it's a classy move in a meaningless game. Nice gesture.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
Used to love Orr back in the day. Happy they are giving him one last game. One of my favourite Orr moments was against the Habs when he just bulldozed through them and knocked Bourque on his ass.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
He definitely played a tough role but I fail to see why the Leafs have anything to thank him for or owe him much. It's the only reason he was in the NHL to begin with. Should we thank (and bring back) Rosehill, Wilm and other past tough guys that played the role of the heavy weight?

But I guess it's a nice gesture considering the head traumas he suffered over the last few years. A nice last game before he likely retires in a meaningless game, I'm fine with it.

I can't believe it bothers people that much that a guy who is retiring is being given one last NHL game to play in after a career in the NHL. He never won us a cup, he never did anything spectacular, but he played with his heart on his sleeve and fought for the team.

It's sickening how "cool" it's becoming to hate every player over 25 on their "favorite" team.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I can't believe it bothers people that much that a guy who is retiring is being given one last NHL game to play in after a career in the NHL. He never won us a cup, he never did anything spectacular, but he played with his heart on his sleeve and fought for the team.

It's sickening how "cool" it's becoming to hate every player over 25 on their "favorite" team.

Did you even read what I wrote?

"A nice last game before he likely retires in a meaningless game, I'm fine with it." - SprDaVE

Where do I say it bothers me in anyway? I don't even hate him. It's nothing personal.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Eh. I think I'm against having goons like that in the lineup at this point, but he's a ****in soldier and was always willing to pay a price to help/protect the team. He deserves it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad