NCAA: College Football Off-Season 2024: Conference Re-Malign-ment

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I think what you have here, with Chip, is that he’s trying to get back to the NFL as a coordinator, and taking a step down to Ohio State gets him better looks than being a lame duck at UCLA, who may not be as committed to football going forward like the other three west coast teams. And with this current landscape with the transfer portal and NIL, this is a developing trend with coaches who just want to coach and not have to re-recruit their entire roster every year.
Or he's on the shortlist for the head job if Day gets the axe

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
f***ing insane. What the hell do they think they gain from this?

Welcome to "Joe Paterno looked the other way while kids were being molested field" at Beaver Stadium

It's a little wordy but I think we can all get used to it

Instead of stealing the Jackie Robinson statue, someone should have take the Paterno one and burned it in a fire so it could burn in hell just like Joe is

Reactions: DaveG

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t know what this is supposed to mean or why it matters

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Think I'm gonna try going to the Georgia vs Texas game this year.

I already have tickets for the Michigan vs Texas. may double dip this year.

• Wow
Reactions: DaveG

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
My full expectation is that the next playoff will be the ACC, Big Twelve, and a midmajor champs and then nine Big Ten and SEC teams factoring in the two conference champ auto-bids and the seven highest ranked non-conference champs.

• Haha
Reactions: LT

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all

This post in another thread explains how I think the CFP bracket should be divided along the Mason-Dixon Line and says that if Notre Dame is ranked high enough even #1 then they should get a first-round bye under the format I am proposing.

Also, I think ESPN and ABC should insist on OU/Texas being played at night every year.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
My full expectation is that the next playoff will be the ACC, Big Twelve, and a midmajor champs and then nine Big Ten and SEC teams factoring in the two conference champ auto-bids and the seven highest ranked non-conference champs.
This actually checks out as I can't see any of the current Big 12 escaping this season with fewer than 2 losses. The conference is deep with "yeah, these guys should be good this year" type teams especially after adding Utah and Zona, and not so deep with the "these guys scare the shit out of me" type teams. The ACC will be top heavy and everyone outside of FSU and Clemson basically needing a miracle season to make it. FSU and Clemson play eachother this year, and FSU goes to South Bend late in the year, while Clemson plays Georgia neutral site. So basically the odds that both will be 1 loss teams (what I expect it to take for the ACC to get a second team in) is very low.

There's an off chance that either the ACC or Big 12 gets a second team in, especially if either of those 2 ACC non-conferences I mentioned end up being wins, or if WVU stuns PSU in Morgantown or ISU beats Iowa on the road and either has a hell of a season (10-2 type season). Possible? yes. Likely? absolutely not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad