Winston-Salem NC
So yeah, this is pretty wild

FB_IMG_1710433807146.jpg

Reactions: HisIceness

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Should just straight up go to 16 imho
No way that’ll happen. Big Ten and SEC want to make sure their conference champions get byes. That’s why they’re doing this, after all.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Clemson is suing the ACC over the GoR similar to Florida St

Kayden Proctor is headed back to Alabama already

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Clemson is suing the ACC over the GoR similar to Florida St

Kayden Proctor is headed back to Alabama already
we're officially getting to the endgame at this point. The only question is if it'll be 2 or if the B1G and SEC will allow to B12 to be a lesser partner at #3. I'm leaning toward the later though obviously I have my bias and want my guys to have a chair when the music finally stops.

It'll happen fast. FSU and Clemson are fine with being the "bad guys" here, but once their case all plays out you'll hear that UNC, UVA, VT, NCSU, Louisville, Pitt for sure (and probably Miami, Duke, and someone else, most likely Cuse, GT, or Wake) have landing spots in short order, and that Notre Dame is finally ending their independence and joining the B1G.

Last edited:
Reactions: LT

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
we're officially getting to the endgame at this point. The only question is if it'll be 2 or if the B1G and SEC will allow to B12 to be a lesser partner at #3. I'm leaning toward the later though obviously I have my bias and want my guys to have a chair when the music finally stops.

It'll happen fast. FSU and Clemson are fine with being the "bad guys" here, but once their case all plays out you'll hear that UNC, UVA, VT, NCSU, Louisville, Pitt for sure (and probably Miami, Duke, and someone else, most likely Cuse, GT, or Wake) have landing spots in short order, and that Notre Dame is finally ending their independence and joining the B1G.

Pitt, BC, and Syracuse back to the Big East, they can just play each other in a round robin format to determine the football conference champ

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Pitt, BC, and Syracuse back to the Big East, they can just play each other in a round robin format to determine the football conference champ
BC will probably have to do that and maybe Cuse.

Pitt will just join the Big 12 - them, NCSU, Louisville, and VT basically have open invites at this point, just a matter of if any of the later 3 get offers from the SEC instead.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Anyone have a guesstimate on how much longer the ACC lasts? A few years?

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Likely by both conferences.
Yeah I think SEC may try getting Duke and USC and call it a day?

Funny enough, FSU and Clemson will probably try to get into the SEC or big 10. But adding them to the big 12 makes for a REALLY fun football conference.

Reactions: DaveG

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Anyone have a guesstimate on how much longer the ACC lasts? A few years?

in terms of anything resembling a power conference instead of just being "Big East South" maybe a couple years. Honestly this is moving a lot faster than I was expecting it to but given what I've seen and heard the FSU suit this year kicked a lot off that had been being worked on a longer timeline behind the scenes anyway.

but as a legal entity? quite a while. It's just going to be VERY different. Think along the lines of the next invites being Rice, Tulane, etc. If not for NW, Vandy, and (if they leave which I expect) Duke it'd basically be the FBS Ivy League.

Reactions: LT

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
FSU getting left out of the playoff really ended up working out perfectly for ESPN in almost every way imaginable.

Reactions: DaveG

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Yeah I think SEC may try getting Duke and USC and call it a day?

Funny enough, FSU and Clemson will probably try to get into the SEC or big 10. But adding them to the big 12 makes for a REALLY fun football conference.

What I find funny is, is that I don’t think the B1G or the SEC want either of FSU or Clemson. They’d both rather have UNC and Virginia instead.

Also saw that the SEC is going to stick with a 8 game conference schedule. p***yes. And the 2025 conference schedule will be the same as 2024 just flipped so plan your trip to Athens Mr. Romo.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
What I find funny is, is that I don’t think the B1G or the SEC want either of FSU or Clemson. They’d both rather have UNC and Virginia instead.

Also saw that the SEC is going to stick with a 8 game conference schedule. p***yes. And the 2025 conference schedule will be the same as 2024 just flipped so plan your trip to Athens Mr. Romo.
Yeah that was the game I was hoping for. Also a Baton Rouge away game. Since the return got cancelled.

Oklahoma better get ready quickly. That 2 year SEC schedule, WHEW.

Texas plays @ Ohio State and @ Georgia next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad