NCAA: College Football Off-Season 2024: Conference Re-Malign-ment

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
IMG_8546.jpeg

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
USC is trying to stop Bear Alexander from portaling. Would be his 7th school in 7 years (including High School.)

Sep 19, 2008
Virginia law allows schools to pay athletes for NIL

Schools in Virginia will be able to directly pay athletes via name, image and likeness deals thanks to a state law signed Thursday morning, marking another significant step in the professionalization of college sports.

The new law, which is scheduled to take effect July 1, is the first in any state to make it illegal for the NCAA to punish a school for compensating athletes for their NIL rights. Current NCAA rules prohibit schools from signing NIL deals with their own players. The law could either give Virginia schools a significant recruiting advantage or provide a catalyst for similar changes elsewhere.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I am trying to be a believer, but the vibes are not good in Colorado, I will say.

Reactions: DaveG

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Deion is going to run from there as soon as his kids leave
Well, he has to do well in order to have somewhere to go. If he leaves after the upcoming season, it’s a $10m buyout. I want to work because I think it’s good for the Big 12 and interesting for the sport, but he’s had staff leave and he replaces them with Warren Sapp.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Well, he has to do well in order to have somewhere to go. If he leaves after the upcoming season, it’s a $10m buyout. I want to work because I think it’s good for the Big 12 and interesting for the sport, but he’s had staff leave and he replaces them with Warren Sapp.

He’ll leave and be on ESPN the next day as an analyst.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad