NCAA: College Football Off-Season 2024: Conference Re-Malign-ment

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hey, it's to early for the Penn St. "It'll be different this year, I swear!" hype to start. It normally starts after spring practice, really ramps up in the early part of the year, and continues until the OSU game.

BTW, looking at the PSU schedule, they have to have one of the easiest conference schedules in the Big 10 next season. No Michigan, no Oregon and they get OSU in Happy Valley.

USC and Wisconsin could be tough road games or they could be road games vs. 7-5 or 8-4 teams.
They have it all set up to go their way, although Ohio State looks like they’re bringing more people back than expected. Luckily, the expanded playoff and not having Michigan on the schedule should keep our resident Penn Stater around a bit longer next year instead of disappearing when they inevitably gag in the games they spend an entire year saying their team is ready to win.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
@LT what’s the rundown on your AD? Seems to be next in line at tOSU

I'm not upset if he leaves :laugh:

He apparently went rogue and made the offer to Mark Stoops earlier this year by himself. I suspect after that this is a mutually beneficial departure.

But outside of that, seems like he did an alright job. He handled the NIL stuff very well, which I suspect is a big part of ohio st's interest.

Reactions: DaveG

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

He apparently went rogue and made the offer to Mark Stoops earlier this year by himself. I suspect after that this is a mutually beneficial departure.

But outside of that, seems like he did an alright job. He handled the NIL stuff very well, which I suspect is a big part of ohio st's interest.
I was wondering about that. The rumors around Stoops made no sense at all. They're usually good to smack a Florida team that's always very overrated heading into that game but they're also prime to pick up some absolutely WTF level losses every season. Given their yearly OOC schedule they should be a hell of a lot better than 7-6 year in year out.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Man, Ohio State should be really f***ing good this year. If Day doesn't beat Michigan. Ohio state may choose execution over firing.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009

Hopefully they’re looking at others then lol

EDIT: As I post this they hire him

• Haha
Reactions: LT

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I think I'm legitimately losing my interest in college football.

How do I know? I went to an occupational therapy appointment today and it was with a UF grad and fan...and I wasn't even fazed. Not even a primal, joking way or anything. Like I literally didn't care and this is from a guy that has given the middle finger to alligators at the zoo when his daughter isn't looking many times (I'm not making this up.) It didn't even occur to me to react to the news that she was a UF grad on any basis, even subliminal.

Have I gone soft?

• Haha
Reactions: PanthersPens62

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Taulia Tagovailoa was denied a waiver for an extra year of eligibility.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

How do I know? I went to an occupational therapy appointment today and it was with a UF grad and fan...and I wasn't even fazed. Not even a primal, joking way or anything. Like I literally didn't care and this is from a guy that has given the middle finger to alligators at the zoo when his daughter isn't looking many times (I'm not making this up.) It didn't even occur to me to react to the news that she was a UF grad on any basis, even subliminal.

Have I gone soft?

maybe just still numb from the horrific december that FSU endured

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011

Have I gone soft?
I think A&M not extending Jimbo hurt us all

• Haha
Reactions: LT and TheGreenTBer

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
  • Justin Herbert
  • Jalen Hurts
  • Dexter Lawrence
  • Nick Bosa
  • AJ Brown
  • Jonah Williams
  • Mecole Hardman
  • DK Metcalf
  • Trevon Diggs

These are the guys that were in McCormick's recruiting class. All of them have since signed their second NFL contracts. :laugh:

I kinda gotta give him props. He used this loophole to apparently work on a Masters in Advertising on top of already having a BA/Masters from Oregon. All the while filling his schedule with shit like golf, billiards and yoga classes. Dude gets to live off the athlete meal plan and housing in Miami, all the nutritionists and trainers you could ever want, world class workout facilities, and endless supply of college girls throwing themselves at you just because you exist. and on top of that, he'll leave Miami with a legit degree (the world is always going to need people to sell shit to other people) and zero student debt to his name.

We don't boo that, we build him a statue because this man is an American hero.

Reactions: VikingAv and LT

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Bjork and BoB? LMFAO

Yeah… I’m not the biggest fan of Gene Smith due to how he acts around mothers of students but he has done a good job overall. Especially when it comes to promoting the Olympic sports the school has.

As for BoB, he’s a Penn St rat and drove the Texans into the ground. Bama fans hated him as OC as well.

• Haha
Reactions: LT

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
@Tony Romo apparently Ohio St’s NIL has ponied up in excess of $13 million to retain the team so far.

And they hired Bill O’buttchin as OC. For f***s sake.
The texas forum I subscribe to, thinks it takes 12-15m a year for a top level college football roster in NIL

Sep 19, 2008
Ohio desperate after losing 3 straight to "TTUN"

:laugh:

At least Snitch Day realizes he can't be an oc and coach anymore. Gave up his OC duties and delegated to someone else.

I'm telling you I'm not buying this OSU hype. The way they construct the team is through recruiting, they don't play as a team well. Herbstreit went into this on the Eisen show. And QB until proven otherwise is a gaping hole. Heck people thought McCord was legit until one game against Michigan then he was suddenly a bust.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Man, Ohio State should be really f***ing good this year. If Day doesn't beat Michigan. Ohio state may choose execution over firing.

Michigan will be average at best. Ohio State was probably going to beat them before their NIL spending spree.

Don't let anyone else believe they don't care about beating Michigan. Especially after they just won a national championship.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Michigan will be average at best. Ohio State was probably going to beat them before their NIL spending spree.

Don't let anyone else believe they don't care about beating Michigan. Especially after they just won a national championship.
Man. Ohio State wanted to fire Day because he loses that game. Anyone who says that is a bold face liar

Texas just went to the playoff, if Sark goes 1-3 against OU next year. He’s gonna need to win a NC. It was the only thing that saved Mack really

Reactions: DaveG and LT

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Man. Ohio State wanted to fire Day because he loses that game. Anyone who says that is a bold face liar

Texas just went to the playoff, if Sark goes 1-3 against OU next year. He’s gonna need to win a NC. It was the only thing that saved Mack really
There’s a decent chance Texas is going to be the favorite, so that will up the pressure.

Reactions: DaveG and Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
There’s a decent chance Texas is going to be the favorite, so that will up the pressure.
Obviously it’s more meaningful. But imagine firing a HC in the NFL because he’s the Eagles HC and can beat everyone except the cowboys?

Find it hilarious that some people want to fire Day because he’s struggled to beat Michigan recently but I get it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad