in the midnight sea

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Guess that made it easier to keep out of the playoff

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
f***ing gutted about DeBoer. What a shitty sports week in Seattle. Seahawks miss play offs, Huskies lose the natty, Pete Carroll leaves (not necessarily bad but end of an era) now DeBoer is gone.

Next year is going to be rough as a Husky fan. New Coach, new conference, tough schedule and not a lot in the cupboard with many seniors going to the nfl.

Reactions: DaveG

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Other than Oregon and Michigan I can’t see how they lose any games in the regular season. But tOSU will be favored against everybody next year.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Other than Oregon and Michigan I can’t see how they lose any games in the regular season. But tOSU will be favored against everybody next year.
I can’t let you dismiss the fact Ohio State will have overcome the overwhelming atmosphere and conditions and mystique and the student section that is the Penn State White Out in Happy Valley.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I can’t let you dismiss the fact Ohio State will have overcome the overwhelming atmosphere and conditions and mystique and the student section that is the Penn State White Out in Happy Valley.
I literally just shat my pants at the thought of this.

Not sure how OSU or Michigan can handle it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I literally just shat my pants at the thought of this.

Not sure how OSU or Michigan can handle it.
That history. That tradition. It’s just such a shattering and intimidating experience for visiting teams. Just can’t see how they are able to rise up and respond.

• Wow
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Would have made no sense for McCarthy to come back, I was 99% sure he was done after I heard his post-game interview "This is the last time we'll all play together", people tried to say he meant because of the other guys, but the writing was on the wall.

I think people give McCarthy a bum rap because most of the games we've played the last two years there has been no need for a qb to have to win a game, the defense and offensive line were just to dominant.

McCarthy started 3 total games vs OSU and Alabama, these were the two best defenses (full of future NFL players) that he faced as a starter. In those games he went 3-0 and had 9 total TD's and 0 turnovers. This year vs Bama he drove down 80 yards against an SEC champion defense coached by Saban in a do or die situation in the closing minutes and he delivered his 3rd passing TD to force OT. Last year in Columbus in a top 5 matchup he had 4 total touchdowns and was the best player on the field for either team. He is a true junior in a sport that is now largely dominated by 5th and in some cases 6th year players. I think there is a lot of upside and potential in this guy. And he's just a winner and a culture changing player.

Hey, it's to early for the Penn St. "It'll be different this year, I swear!" hype to start. It normally starts after spring practice, really ramps up in the early part of the year, and continues until the OSU game.

BTW, looking at the PSU schedule, they have to have one of the easiest conference schedules in the Big 10 next season. No Michigan, no Oregon and they get OSU in Happy Valley.

USC and Wisconsin could be tough road games or they could be road games vs. 7-5 or 8-4 teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad