Trade: [CHI/MIN] Jimmy Butler, Justin Patton for Lauri Markkanen, Zach LaVine, and Kris Dunn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Markkanen 15.8/ 10.0

Buckets 13.3/ 5.7

After five games....

But, Buckets is a top 10 player in the league and LM can't rebound....
Emphasis on the bolded.

Also funny how you don't mention Markkanen's 1 assist and 10 turnovers through 4 games. Kid has work to do.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Emphasis on the bolded.

Also funny how you don't mention Markkanen's 1 assist and 10 turnovers through 4 games. Kid has work to do.
Well, I could mention LMs 2.5 tov which isn't good one bit.

But then I could mention Buckets 2.7 tov which is even worse. Didn't mention it tho.

Wait, LM, a shooter, doesn't have alot of assists, which is a revelation considering he's a seven foot shooter.

Food.for.thought.

Sep 19, 2008

But then I could mention Buckets 2.7 tov which is even worse. Didn't mention it tho.

Wait, LM, a shooter, doesn't have alot of assists, which is a revelation considering he's a seven foot shooter.

Food.for.thought.

Are Bulls in contention to win championship this year?

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic

Food.for.thought.
Butler is averaging 4 assists compared to Markkanen's 0.3, so saying his amount of turnovers is "worse" is just wrong.

Now listen. I'm not wishing for Lauri to fail. He's been compared to one of my favorite basketball players (Emma Meesseman) in terms of playstyle so I hope he does well. But right now, he has a lot to work on...

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Food.for.thought.

Ahh this is where you've been hiding since the NLCS!!!

Butler is fine. Ever heard of adjusting to a new team? Especially when they happen to have a fellow top player.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Ahh this is where you've been hiding since the NLCS!!!

Butler is fine. Ever heard of adjusting to a new team? Especially when they happen to have a fellow top player.

I guess his schedule opened up.

Reactions: Voight

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Butler is averaging 4 assists compared to Markkanen's 0.3, so saying his amount of turnovers is "worse" is just wrong.

Now listen. I'm not wishing for Lauri to fail. He's been compared to one of my favorite basketball players (Emma Meesseman) in terms of playstyle so I hope he does well. But right now, he has a lot to work on...

I don't know what a hell you have expected on Markkanen.
But keep in mind that fact he's still a 20 yrs old rookie not 10 yrs NBA veteran like Robin Lopez.

Of course Lauri has lots of job to do but he's still best Bulls player.
And of course Bulls sucks because they under rebuild if you didn't know that.

It will take at least 5-10 yrs before Markkanen is even near guys like Nowitzky, Porzingis etc.
So don't expect too much immediately.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I don't know what a hell you have expected on Markkanen.
But keep in mind that fact he's still a rookie and 20 yrs old.

Of course Lauri has lots of job to do but he's still best Bulls player by all statistics.
And of course Bulls sucks because they are under rebuild if you didn't know that.

It will take at least 3-5 yrs before Markkanen is even near guys like Nowitzky, Porzingis etc.
So don't expect too much immediately.

Delete

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
He will be superstar in 3 years, maybe less . That kind of skill-set for 7 footer is really amazing. If we hit gold at next draft like we did at this one, then our team will be true contender for title after few years.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
At the Q;

Dunn is a bust who has been the Bulls best player after Nico as of late.

LM is averaging 8 rebounds when pundits said he couldn't rebound while being second on the team in minutes played.

LaVine has been...a bust

And Buckets has been everything he was expected to be.

Even at two solid players for one good one, this still wasn't a bad Bulls trade and gives them a decent chance at getting a high pick in a top heavy draft.

And while I am not blinded by the recent success of the Bulls, I will say the over reaction that the Bulls getting fleeced was/is outlandish.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
At the Q;

LM is averaging 8 rebounds when pundits said he couldn't rebound while being second on the team in minutes played.

LaVine has been...a bust

Even at two solid players for one good one, this still wasn't a bad Bulls trade and gives them a decent chance at getting a high pick in a top heavy draft.

And while I am not blinded by the recent success of the Bulls, I will say the over reaction that the Bulls getting fleeced was/is outlandish.

#FACTS

It seems to be like trade is turning out to be one of the best trades ever. We don't know about LaVine yet, because he is still injured. But anyway could be the case that he turns out to be worst player included in this trade.

Dunn is really good. He can drive, pass, shoot & he plays defense.

Reactions: Cubs2024WSChamps

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
At the Q;

LaVine has been...a bust

LaVine has yet to play and is also coming off a serious injury.... I don't see how he's a bust.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
No that's still not the right term.
I'm fine with injured, but then when/if he comes back this year it's not fair to judge him based on his play considering he will surely be rust.

Incomplete is fair, imo.

But that Dunn, he's a sure fire bust. After watching that lottery ticket tonight he's a bust.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Dunn very much looks like a bust , Lavine if he gets his game back has allstar potential but plenty of guys are never same after knee injury not to mention the risk of re-injuring it

Bulls gave up a top 10 NBA player and had to add a 1st round pick even though they gave away the best asset in underwhelming deal

It was pathetic trade no matter how you slice it
Dunn still is a bust, and that first round pick the Bulls "Gave up", has yet to appear in the NBA.

While the "he can only shot" kid the bulls drafted leads the teams in rebounds and ppg outside of beast mode Miko....which would kind of make LM the Bulls best player.

Markkanen was being compared to Channing friggin Frye in this thread and was told that there was very little upside in terms of rebounding.

This is the ultimate definition of a pile on thread that so far makes the pile ons look foolish. And since the media has been slowly eating crow about theirs very reaction to this trade, Bulls fans are upset that this trade has turned the bulls around too quick as of late after the emergance of Niko being the team leader.

Funny how that works, huh? GarPax is actually smarter then posters on a message board (chuckles)

Reactions: Asiantuntija

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I like how he waited until Bulls hot streak to bump this thread

Also Dunn while productive still is far from worth Jimmy Butler who is helping lead the T-Wolves towards playoffs

As for Lauri ,, He hasn't been that impressive and looks like Raef LaFrentz

Deal will depend on LaVine recovering from his injury. If he is never same player then Bulls likely lose this deal

Reactions: Voight

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
The trade is good for both teams.

Butler is obviously the best player in the deal, but given the Bulls roster they would've struggled to make the playoffs with Jimmy. Even if they made the playoffs they would've been a one and done so might as well trade Butler and try and get younger and build for the future.

We'll see how Lavine does coming back from injury, but I have been happy with Dunn/Markanen so far and I am hoping the T-Wolves do well as Butler is awesome and it was fun watching him progress into the player he has become the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad