Trade: [CHI/MIN] Jimmy Butler, Justin Patton for Lauri Markkanen, Zach LaVine, and Kris Dunn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
You realize this guy Jeremy Lin once went on a crazy run and had everybody signing his high praises right? Dunn was picked 5th for a reason but lets see his work over a full season before shedding the bust/disappointment label.
Well, Jeremy Lin turned out to be a pretty solid player so if Dunn could turn into that plus solid defense that really isn't a bad thing. Lins run also plateaued higher then what Dunn is doing now. Which is getting progressively better every game.

Calling Dunn a bust at this point was a complete over reaction.

Reactions: Asiantuntija

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
I like how he waited until Bulls hot streak to bump this thread

Also Dunn while productive still is far from worth Jimmy Butler who is helping lead the T-Wolves towards playoffs

As for Lauri ,, He hasn't been that impressive and looks like Raef LaFrentz

Deal will depend on LaVine recovering from his injury. If he is never same player then Bulls likely lose this deal
The bulls hot streak is irrelevant since they still blow.

Wait, now it's Dunn/Butler instead of the two other players the Bulls received? Moving the chains isn't helping. When somebody stated Kris Dunn was a bust, now tries to forget what else came with that trade, it doesn't look good.
Butler was the best player in the trade and nobody had ever disputed that. What was proclaimed was that the Bulls were fleeced and that Dunn was a bust. Funny how things worked out.

Dunn is a good building block for the bulls future. So is LM who first was Channing Frye and is now Raef LaFrenz who was at best a similar shooter and rebounder yet a worse long range thread. Seriously?

Let's not forget how the Bulls were also, shall I say, chided for giving up a first round draft pick that has yet to play in the NBA, while the bulls received a player with NBA success that had yet to play this year for them.

But, I won't let facts get in the way and will just jump to conclusions and "der GarPax is horrible" memes like candy at Halloween.

Never change HFB

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
You realize this guy Jeremy Lin once went on a crazy run and had everybody signing his high praises right? Dunn was picked 5th for a reason but lets see his work over a full season before shedding the bust/disappointment label.
Guys shouldn't have the "bust" label after one year.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
I didn't say Dunn was a bust. Just some gave him that label after one season.
A season where he played under Thibs who isn't keen on playing rookies yet when Dunn did play, he produced.

And then this year, with minutes, Dunn is getting better and better each passing game and has been a treat to watch on a really bad team that had magically reeled off a bunch of wins that someone said is the reason this thread was bumped instead of the progression of a player that was labeled a bust.

After one year in the NBA.

While playing for a coach who rookies earn their minutes with.

Is Yoan Moncada a bust?

Reactions: Hot Dog Water Shaw

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Bulls lose yet here there's still posts.

Markkanen is going to be a superstar. There's no debating it.

After tonight's game, there's an obvious need to work on defense, but his offensive talent is off the charts good even at such a young age.

Wait, he played against Channing Frye tonight. Wasn't that who somebody compared him to? Funny how that worked out.

As for bust Dunn, double double and was aggressive on both ends, but guarding LJ isn't easy.

I will say it now; Markkanen will be the best player in this trade in a couple years.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Markkanen is going to be a superstar. There's no debating it.

After tonight's game, there's an obvious need to work on defense, but his offensive talent is off the charts good even at such a young age.

For the first time ever i agree with you.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Oh hey Markkanen, the guy who in this thread was compared to Channing Frye and Raef LaFrenz, was the best player on the court tonight leading Bulls in points and tied for rebounds.

Ill go as far as this;

If LM keeps this upward progression he will be better then Buckets by the end of this year/ beginning of next year along with Dunn and LaVine.

Where are those who said the Bulls fleeced? Where they go?

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Oh hey Markkanen, the guy who in this thread was compared to Channing Frye and Raef LaFrenz, was the best player on the court tonight leading Bulls in points and tied for rebounds.

Ill go as far as this;

If LM keeps this upward progression he will be better then Buckets by the end of this year/ beginning of next year along with Dunn and LaVine.

Where are those who said the Bulls fleeced? Where they go?

Ok I'll play you from baseball boards.

Butler GOAT. What's Bulls record? Butler wanted to play for a real team. Dynasty.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I wouldn't argue against it.

Dirk is underrated a lot of the time because his peak/prime came at the same time as Kobe/Nash and for whatever reason he never got the same praise. Plus even in his early 30's when he was still a top player, you had LeBron tearing up the scene.

His list of accomplishments/achievements is pretty big, just sucks that aside from 2007 nobody ever really talked about him.

I remember watching the 2011 finals and thinking, super team or not, this man is on a mission to win and he isn't losing.

Reactions: darko

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I remember watching the 2011 finals and thinking, super team or not, this man is on a mission to win and he isn't losing.

Which is when "momma there goes that man again" call started.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Oh hey, Markkanen has arrived.

After his dominating game against the Knicks, "The Finnisher" is ruining the Bulls tank.

Wait.... "The Bust" Kris Dunn and LM are ruining the Bulls tank.

What happened to everybody who said Dunn was a bust and compared LM to back up players?
(Hulk Hogan twist the wrist ear cup)

(Crickets)

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
They doubt players who lack certain skills or physical attributes, skin colour has nothing to do with it.

He will improve, but his overall ceiling is limited due to things already mentioned. I could dunk at 19, I'm 6'1... hardly impressive as a 7 footer..

Again, you're delusional. Everything you're saying contradicts what all the professionals are saying... I understand you're new to the game and optimism is great.... But realism is also important when assessing or projecting these players.... If he was the player you've been describing, he's easily the 1OA.
http://www.givemesport.com/1234211-...eernight-with-vicious-dunk-on-enes-kanter?amp

Channing Frye would have done it better, me thinks.....

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Dirk is underrated a lot of the time because his peak/prime came at the same time as Kobe/Nash and for whatever reason he never got the same praise. Plus even in his early 30's when he was still a top player, you had LeBron tearing up the scene.

His list of accomplishments/achievements is pretty big, just sucks that aside from 2007 nobody ever really talked about him.

Let's not beat around the bushes..Nowitzki is underrated because (1) he's a lanky, white European (2) who's played his entire career for a non-glamour team, (3) didn't have the playing style people traditionally expected at the position he played (and thus all older former players turned TV 'analysts' demand), (4) doesn't fit the image of what NBA fans and NBA marketers look for in a NBA player (which goes back to 1 and 2).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad