OT: Bears & NFL Talk 99 (also 2024 NFL Draft GDT)

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Yeah, seems it's a bad one. Both Deebo Samuel and Derrick Henry have had it recently though, so it's obviously not a complete death sentence.

The one thing I will say is Pace was the one who gambled on guys with injury concerns than Poles has. Pace took a chance on guys like Eddie Jackson, Jaylon Johnson etc. Poles has relied more on availability in a player. The one guy they were going to sign, got his contract canceled right away due to a failed physical (Ogunjobi).

Reactions: Romang67

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Vikings gave up

11, 42, 129, 157, 167, 188,
2025 2nd, 3rd, 4th

For Dallas Turner and jj mccarthy
That's not the way to look at it as they were given picks 11 and 42 by NFL like every other team.

They, in the end gave up 129, 158, 167, 188 and their 3 picks in 2025. Not sure why they added 23 in this year's draft. But, they managed to get JJ with basically their own #11 pick. How close is Turner to Anderson, which cost Houston a 1st, 2nd and 3rd to go from 12 to 3 to get him?

Draft fell perfectly for Bears. Latham and Penix in for what I had expected to be Turner and McCarthy in a trade up. Medical on Newton probably kept Seattle from trading down from 16 to Minny at 23. Would have to be prepared to not get Murphy at 23. So, if Newton is a medical concern, they couldn't take that risk. Was surprised to see him not go round 1. Same with Dejean.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
That's not the way to look at it as they were given picks 11 and 42 by NFL like every other team.

They, in the end gave up 129, 158, 167, 188 and their 3 picks in 2025. Not sure why they added 23 in this year's draft. But, they managed to get JJ with basically their own #11 pick. How close is Turner to Anderson, which cost Houston a 1st, 2nd and 3rd to go from 12 to 3 to get him?

Draft fell perfectly for Bears. Latham and Penix in for what I had expected to be Turner and McCarthy in a trade up. Medical on Newton probably kept Seattle from trading down from 16 to Minny at 23. Would have to be prepared to not get Murphy at 23. So, if Newton is a medical concern, they couldn't take that risk. Was surprised to see him not go round 1. Same with Dejean.
Turner isn't close to the prospect Anderson was. He won't be a factor for at least 3 years. Latu was far and away the best Edge in the draft but his health concern held him down.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Now the big question: can Caleb Williams, with Moore, Allen, Odunze, Kmet, Everett, and Swift, together with an average O-line, finally beat out Chuckin' Charlie O'Rourke's record 11 passing TDs for a Bears rookie QB?

Follow-up question: on the off chance he does it, will he look this good doing it?

1714151162937.png

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Now the big question: can Caleb Williams, with Moore, Allen, Odunze, Kmet, Everett, and Swift, together with an average O-line, finally beat out Chuckin' Charlie O'Rourke's record 11 passing TDs for a Bears rookie QB?

Follow-up question: on the off chance he does it, will he look this good doing it?

View attachment 859921
I don't think so. The Oline is bad. Packers destroyed it the final game.

• Haha
Reactions: Pez68

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
It already begins...

It's amazing Orton had 15 starts. On a playoff team, and didn't hit that TD number. And I've heard Caleb might take his legendary #18 which he wore in hs

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
Yeah it's been pretty fun at work today asking coworkers so.....about that pick.....lol.

Going to the Braves game tonight, will be fun to chat with folks.

It's really mind-boggling - I get that they still have a crapton of picks to work with, but man.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
That first round was a dream scenario for the Bears, couldn't have gone any better. Still can't believe Odunze was there at 9.
Nah... Given Harbaugh, I felt confident he'd got OL with his pick over WR had they stayed put. Same for Tenn. With young QBs, like Tenn as well with Levis, protect them so that they get used to going through their progressions rather than run for their life after first read is not there and looking for their top WR. With less padded practices, getting top quality OL is a priority over WR/weapons in general. If Skronski and Latham are good, and Alt is good, as we know Slater is excellent, then both those teams have bookended their OL for their QBs.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Nah... Given Harbaugh, I felt confident he'd got OL with his pick over WR had they stayed put. Same for Tenn. With young QBs, like Tenn as well with Levis, protect them so that they get used to going through their progressions rather than run for their life after first read is not there and looking for their top WR. With less padded practices, getting top quality OL is a priority over WR/weapons in general. If Skronski and Latham are good, and Alt is good, as we know Slater is excellent, then both those teams have bookended their OL for their QBs.

Skronski played guard last year

Hakoon

Oct 11, 2018
I think the Bears' greatest need is an interior lineman, either Guard or C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad