Trade: [CHI/MIN] Jimmy Butler, Justin Patton for Lauri Markkanen, Zach LaVine, and Kris Dunn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Please stop... You keep talking all this nonsense and it contradicts what everyone else is saying. You're wrong, just stop.

The Bulls got robbed. You don't trade an elite player without getting an elite prospect or a top pick to select one. They drafted Butler outside the lottery and developed a top 10 player and one of the best two way wings in the game..... and now they just sold him for pennies on the dollar.

Everyone but you agrees this is bad for Chicago.

Who sounds ridiculous now? Did they really got robbed or was this best trade our team has ever made? This was really deep draft. Our team had 7# pick and it could be the case that he turns out to be best player. We trade elite player for 3 elite prospects. You wasn't able to recognize their potential at all.

Remember kids, don't do arguments if you don't have any idea what you're talking about :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Cubs2024WSChamps

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Who sounds ridiculous now? Did they really got robbed or was this best trade our team has ever made? This was really deep draft. Our team had 7# pick and it could be the case that he turns out to be best player. We trade elite player for 3 elite prospects. You wasn't able to recognize their potential at all.

Remember kids, don't do arguments if you don't have any idea what you're talking about :laugh:
Wait, you were hyping him as the next Dirk? The answer of who sounds ridiculous is still you. He’s just a guy, not a superstar/best player in the draft as you’d suggested.

You should take your own advice.

Reactions: Voight

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Wait, you were hyping him as the next Dirk? The answer of who sounds ridiculous is still you. He’s just a guy, not a superstar/best player in the draft as you’d suggested.

You should take your own advice.

Not Dirk. One & only Lauri Markkanen. We are talking about franchise player player and you were comparing him to Channing Frye for f***s sake. Make no mistake about it, you don't have any kind of idea about his potential.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Not Dirk. One & only Lauri Markkanen. We are talking about franchise player player and you were comparing him to Channing Frye for ****s sake. Make no mistake about it, you don't have any kind of idea about his potential.
I hope you see the irony in calling him a franchise player while telling others they don’t know what they’re talking about.

A 7 footer goes 1OA in that draft if he’s a franchise player with all this potential you speak of.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015

The Bulls got robbed.

Markkanen- franchise player
Dunn- starting point guard
LaVine- starting SG

For one Jimmy Butler, who's having his best season of his career.

Markkanen is doing things Butler wasn't doing at his age. He's also the best rebounder from the 17 draft.

Dunn just got the vote of confidence from Hoi saying he's the court leader moving forward.

And LaVine just came back from injury and looked great while telling the media his goal is to work on his D.

I hope the Bulls get robbed again and get a team full of "just guys" like Markkanen. Just saying

Reactions: Asiantuntija

darko

Feb 16, 2009
KBIB ruined baseball boards with his bullshit and now he's doing it to these boards.

Reactions: Voight

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
KBIB ruined baseball boards with his bull**** and now he's doing it to these boards.
Ruining what? By stating the obvious instead of pandering to the hive mind that "der Bulls done got fleeced"?

Hey, everybody was wrong with the exception of a couple people on these forums about this trade. It happens.

As for the baseball forum, that place was a train wreck before I even started posting on it. It wasn't me begging others to post there, it was everybody begging me to come back.

I also found it funny I could write one thing, then have everyone typing the exact same thing. I actually wrote a thesis about dominating the weak minded and plainly as day proved I could say "hit them with the roast beef" and could have others copy that, expand on, and instill that mere sentence into an acceptable group think. You guys got me an A. Thank you.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
I hope you see the irony in calling him a franchise player while telling others they don’t know what they’re talking about.

A 7 footer goes 1OA in that draft if he’s a franchise player with all this potential you speak of.

No there isn't any irony about it. My man is breaking records on NBA and it seems to be like you don't wanna recognize his potential.

Markkanen would be TOP-3 pick in redraft.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
No there isn't any irony about it. My man is breaking records on NBA and it seems to be like you don't wanna recognize his potential.

Markkanen would be TOP-3 pick in redraft.
It has nothing to do with want, I genuinely don’t see it?

He was opportunistic with the Mirotic/Portis incident and shot well. Good for him. He still doesn’t look like a future superstar or franchise player. Watch Anthony Davis last night - that’s a superstar. That’s a franchise player.

There’s a small group of elite big men in the game and Markkanen is a long way from it. He’ll have to break a lot more records and do much more that’s never been seen/done before if he’s ever going to reach your lofty projections as a member of that group.

Objectively, I just don’t see it.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
It has nothing to do with want, I genuinely don’t see it?

He was opportunistic with the Mirotic/Portis incident and shot well. Good for him. He still doesn’t look like a future superstar or franchise player. Watch Anthony Davis last night - that’s a superstar. That’s a franchise player.

There’s a small group of elite big men in the game and Markkanen is a long way from it. He’ll have to break a lot more records and do much more that’s never been seen/done before if he’s ever going to reach your lofty projections as a member of that group.

Objectively, I just don’t see it.

Then you don't just understand what you're watching. I can admit that Matthews will be franchise player even my hate for him is real.

He shot well, but also was showing potential at other areas. He is TOP-10 rebounding PF this season. Beating 7'3 Porzingis pretty clearly. He definitely looks like future superstar & franchise player. Has all the tools, can drive, dunk, shoot and plays defense. His 7'0 size with athletic abilities, especially speed & pace makes him so deadly. Davis had excellent game, but that isn't comparable to Lauri at all. Davis has been five years on NBA. But if we compare their rookie seasons Lauri is doing better, even numbers are pretty close.

Yes he has long way to go, but based on his rookie season he definitely has ticket on that train. He was first player to score 100 3pts in 41 games ever. Old record was 44 games.

I don't even know why i'm arguing about this. You won't be impressed at all even if he drops 40 with 10 3 pts.

Last edited:

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Then you don't just understand what you're watching. I can admit that Matthews will be franchise player even my hate for him is real.

He shot well, but also was showing potential at other areas. He is TOP-10 rebounding PF this season. Beating 7'3 Porzingis pretty clearly. He definitely looks like future superstar & franchise player. Has all the tools, can drive, dunk, shoot and plays defense. His 7'0 size with athletic abilities, especially speed & pace makes him so deadly. Davis had excellent game, but that isn't comparable to Lauri at all. Davis has been five years on NBA. But if we compare their rookie seasons Lauri is doing better, even numbers are pretty close.

Yes he has long way to go, but based on his rookie season he definitely has ticket on that train. He was first player to score 100 3pts in 41 games ever. Old record was 44 games.

I don't even know why i'm arguing about this. You won't be impressed at all even if he drops 40 with 10 3 pts.
If I don’t understand what I’m watching, neither do any of the experts. 90% of what I’ve said is echoed by pro scouts. You’re basically saying everyone else is wrong and you’re right?

It’s great that you’re so passionate, but try to be realistic. I’ll be impressed when he doesn’t get regularity embarrassed on defense.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Cubs aren't a dynasty & the Blue Jays rotation was better than theirs, so instead of facing up to his criticisms, he came here.
Is that you guys are calling it?

Hmm, Cubs have won more games in the last three years then any other team, the Cubs team era was better then the lowly Jay's who also finished in last place...no almost last place, my bad. So, if the Jay's rotation was better, it sure didn't stack up in terms of wins.

Kind of like winning a fight in hockey while your team was getting blown out, or being hungry and broke then finding a half eaten hot dog lying in the middle of the street. Sure, it's edible, but only somebody desperate would actually eat it.

As for the baseball forum, it's filled with the same old tryhards using cliches such as "criticism" to mask attempts at trying to flame a poster who in turn just didn't give them the time of day, so now it seems they are searching his posts, infecting other forms with their bile so other forums and threads, such as this one about a great Bulls trade, becomes about them instead of the topic at hand.

Ouch. I know you guys love me and all, but chill. Baseball is still a month away and talking about the garbage trades the Pirates have made isn't something I wish to talk about at this moment. I, as a known Chicago Homer, have been caught up in this great young Bulls team that just took the Wolves to the cleaners in terms of future, and current value while giving up a Bulls player who epitomizes the whole "blue collar" mystique that Chicago, this wonderful city, represents.

I for one, was shocked, but also knew it was best for Jimmy Buckets to leave when he did, and laughed loudly at everybody, mostly the misinformed hockey fans who consider themselves NBA heads here, on just how silly there responses to this trade were when the players the Bulls received were young.

Turns out, 90% of this forums posters were wrong. Markkanen is going to be a franchise player. There's no debating it any more. Which leaves the other two pieces as extra talent given freely on top of a franchise player for one Jimmy Butler who is, as I stated having his best all round year of his career.

Wait, LMs defense. Thing is, it's his offense that matters. Didn't he just break a record as a rookie or something? Outside of Simmons, who has had more of an impact then Markkanen?

Let everyone call Lauri Markkanen "just a guy". Watch him win ROY or come in second. Let anybody who hadn't watched him think there's drop off or talk about his rough patch when he was playing injured.

This great player, and you want to talk baseball? (Scratches head)

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Is that you guys are calling it?

Hmm, Cubs have won more games in the last three years then any other team, the Cubs team era was better then the lowly Jay's who also finished in last place...no almost last place, my bad. So, if the Jay's rotation was better, it sure didn't stack up in terms of wins.

Kind of like winning a fight in hockey while your team was getting blown out, or being hungry and broke then finding a half eaten hot dog lying in the middle of the street. Sure, it's edible, but only somebody desperate would actually eat it.

As for the baseball forum, it's filled with the same old tryhards using cliches such as "criticism" to mask attempts at trying to flame a poster who in turn just didn't give them the time of day, so now it seems they are searching his posts, infecting other forms with their bile so other forums and threads, such as this one about a great Bulls trade, becomes about them instead of the topic at hand.

Ouch. I know you guys love me and all, but chill. Baseball is still a month away and talking about the garbage trades the Pirates have made isn't something I wish to talk about at this moment. I, as a known Chicago Homer, have been caught up in this great young Bulls team that just took the Wolves to the cleaners in terms of future, and current value while giving up a Bulls player who epitomizes the whole "blue collar" mystique that Chicago, this wonderful city, represents.

I for one, was shocked, but also knew it was best for Jimmy Buckets to leave when he did, and laughed loudly at everybody, mostly the misinformed hockey fans who consider themselves NBA heads here, on just how silly there responses to this trade were when the players the Bulls received were young.

Turns out, 90% of this forums posters were wrong. Markkanen is going to be a franchise player. There's no debating it any more. Which leaves the other two pieces as extra talent given freely on top of a franchise player for one Jimmy Butler who is, as I stated having his best all round year of his career.

Wait, LMs defense. Thing is, it's his offense that matters. Didn't he just break a record as a rookie or something? Outside of Simmons, who has had more of an impact then Markkanen?

Let everyone call Lauri Markkanen "just a guy". Watch him win ROY or come in second. Let anybody who hadn't watched him think there's drop off or talk about his rough patch when he was playing injured.

This great player, and you want to talk baseball? (Scratches head)
You’re full of it. There’s no debating him as a franchise player because he isn’t one. He doesn’t even look like he’s in the same league as the actual franchise big men.

His defense does matter. Defense from 4-5 makes a large portion of your paint defense and you can’t win without it... You couldn’t be more wrong.

Again, it’s cute that you’re so enamoured with this kid and I hope things work out for the Bulls, but let’s be realistic about the type of player we’ve got here.

Reactions: Virtanen18

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
If I don’t understand what I’m watching, neither do any of the experts. 90% of what I’ve said is echoed by pro scouts. You’re basically saying everyone else is wrong and you’re right?

It’s great that you’re so passionate, but try to be realistic. I’ll be impressed when he doesn’t get regularity embarrassed on defense.

Well the think is that experts doesn't agree with your option anymore. They wasn't able to recognize his potential, but it happens sometimes with these raw players. Lauri rookie season has been absolutely fantastic, he is freshman from college for f***'s sake. And let's be real if there would be redraft Markkanen would probably be first pick.

There is some weaknesses in his defense but potential is definitely there. He can move his foot and is pretty fast at contesting shots. He doesn't need to be more than average defender, because his offensive talent is sky high.

Last edited:

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
You’re full of it. There’s no debating him as a franchise player because he isn’t one. He doesn’t even look like he’s in the same league as the actual franchise big men.

His defense does matter. Defense from 4-5 makes a large portion of your paint defense and you can’t win without it... You couldn’t be more wrong.

Again, it’s cute that you’re so enamoured with this kid and I hope things work out for the Bulls, but let’s be realistic about the type of player we’ve got here.
Hmmm. What kind of player do we have here? The best long range shooting big of....dare I say all time? I mean, if numbers at the moment don't lie, he's a more proficient long range shooter then Stephen Curry.

As for "winning with paint defense" myth, the Bulls are winning without Markkanen playing defense right now, what's your point? Markkanen stretches the floor and there's surely going to be team mates with a better interior game on the floor at the same time while teams have to be aware of Markkanen on account of his shooting. Not even gonna bring up how he's leading the team in rebounding, or that those same scouts are eating crow about his perceived lack of athleticism. But hey, scouts matter....

But then again, reality is saying Markkanen is something unique to the game. It's adorable the pundits saying he's nothing but "just a guy" and still sticking to that conviction in the face of a franchise player.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Hmmm. What kind of player do we have here? The best long range shooting big of....dare I say all time? I mean, if numbers at the moment don't lie, he's a more proficient long range shooter then Stephen Curry.

As for "winning with paint defense" myth, the Bulls are winning without Markkanen playing defense right now, what's your point? Markkanen stretches the floor and there's surely going to be team mates with a better interior game on the floor at the same time while teams have to be aware of Markkanen on account of his shooting. Not even gonna bring up how he's leading the team in rebounding, or that those same scouts are eating crow about his perceived lack of athleticism. But hey, scouts matter....

But then again, reality is saying Markkanen is something unique to the game. It's adorable the pundits saying he's nothing but "just a guy" and still sticking to that conviction in the face of a franchise player.

Did you just suggest Lauri is the best shooter of all time or am I having a fever dream?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad