Trade: [CHI/MIN] Jimmy Butler, Justin Patton for Lauri Markkanen, Zach LaVine, and Kris Dunn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
I thought you didn't like ****ing the comma. Should change your username to Pilkunnussija instead.

Joking and ****ing the comma is a different scenario. You can go back and watch how your idol stretches the rules with his steps.

Change your name to LaVarrkkanen

It's always fun how people come up with thinks like this because they can't figure out anything else for the original topic :laugh::laugh:

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Reading what you've posted in this thread, you are the last person who should be making a statement like this.

That's not the point. I just think he isn't decent enough to criticize anyone from thinks like that. I'm not acting like i'm best poster of the forum, but at least i stay on the topic.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
What are my feelings? Which ones? And I'm the one who's been posting stats rather than Trier ball hog. Markkanen no success

If you hate someone you really hate. Still remember your comments after UCL final ;) Nothing against you as a person but give some second thoughts before you start to criticize someone about thinks like that.

You know man eyes tell more than stats. You can't see the situations from the stats. If you watch Trier on the floor you will get frustrated because he doesn't have much IQ for basketball. He keeps dribbling and driving even teammates are open for a better shot.

Still, for all of his talent offensively, it's hard not to get frustrated with Trier's ball-stopping tendencies and apparent lack of interest with court spacing. Trier's usage hit 24.9% last season, one of the highest rates in the Pac-12, but his 1.6 assists per 40 minutes pace adjusted indicates he's just not enough of a team player at this point. And while he's not quite a turnover machine, he does turn the ball over more (13.8% turnover rate) than you'd like from a player who offers such little distributing. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Allonzo-Trier-70279/ ©DraftExpress

No success for Lauri? We will see.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
That's not the point. I just think he isn't decent enough to criticize anyone from thinks like that. I'm not acting like i'm best poster of the forum, but at least i stay on the topic.

You may stay on topic, but your posts are very much based in fantasy rather than reality... That's your problem.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
If you hate someone you really hate. Still remember your comments after UCL final ;) Nothing against you as a person but give some second thoughts before you start to criticize someone about thinks like that.

You know man eyes tell more than stats. You can't see the situations from the stats. If you watch Trier on the floor you will get frustrated because he doesn't have much IQ for basketball. He keeps dribbling and driving even teammates are open for a better shot.

Still, for all of his talent offensively, it's hard not to get frustrated with Trier's ball-stopping tendencies and apparent lack of interest with court spacing. Trier's usage hit 24.9% last season, one of the highest rates in the Pac-12, but his 1.6 assists per 40 minutes pace adjusted indicates he's just not enough of a team player at this point. And while he's not quite a turnover machine, he does turn the ball over more (13.8% turnover rate) than you'd like from a player who offers such little distributing. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Allonzo-Trier-70279/ ©DraftExpress

No success for Lauri? We will see.

I thought we were trying to stay on topic? And yeah, my criticisms then were accurate too. Plus, I don't hate Markkanen. As I've said, I like him as a player. I just don't see him being a superstar like you do.

So posting objective stats means posting with feelings but you posting your observations with your man eyes is posting with facts? I think you got that backwards buddy.

Anyway, now that you're comfortable using professional scouting opinions, I assume you'll admit markkanen isn't good defensively as per professional scouting opinions. Or do they only count when they help you?

Plus even if Trier had a high usage rate, that didn't significantly affect markkanen's ability to get open looks and shots as I've demonstrated. So even when you try to post stats, they clearly don't tell the narration properly.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
I thought we were trying to stay on topic? And yeah, my criticisms then were accurate too. Plus, I don't hate Markkanen. As I've said, I like him as a player. I just don't see him being a superstar like you do.

So posting objective stats means posting with feelings but you posting your observations with your man eyes is posting with facts? I think you got that backwards buddy.

Anyway, now that you're comfortable using professional scouting opinions, I assume you'll admit markkanen isn't good defensively as per professional scouting opinions. Or do they only count when they help you?

Plus even if Trier had a high usage rate, that didn't significantly affect markkanen's ability to get open looks and shots as I've demonstrated. So even when you try to post stats, they clearly don't tell the narration properly.

Yes let's do that, we both know they wasn't. Maybe superstar, maybe not, at least very good player in future.

You just can't see situations how and when Trier keeps ball from these stats. My feelings doesn't have anything to do with Trier and his ability to read the game.

He has very good vision at defense. He always plays very hard and he has potential to be solid defender at future.

Let's keep the numbers out of the discussion. Just read the words from the text and you know what i'm talking about. Yes they did because Trier still doesn't know how to set-up Markkanen.

Markkanen was more on his game before Trier came back.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Yes let's do that, we both know they wasn't. Maybe superstar, maybe not, at least very good player in future.

You just can't see situations how and when Trier keeps ball from these stats. My feelings doesn't have anything to do with Trier and his ability to read the game.

He has very good vision at defense. He always plays very hard and he has potential to be solid defender at future.

Let's keep the numbers out of the discussion. Just read the words from the text and you know what i'm talking about. Yes they did because Trier still doesn't know how to set-up Markkanen.

Markkanen was more on his game before Trier came back.

Either way, I don't think he'll be that good. I think he'll be a solid NBA player. Nothing more.

I watched Arizona games, so yeah I can. Trier didn't read the game perfectly well but that doesn't mean that Markkanen didn't get his shots. He still got shots.

Very good vision? That's just false; look again at the play I posted of him getting outplayed by Sean O'Mara. He doesn't see that over the top ball, takes a bad angle, and is beat. For the game winning basket. In the tournament. Even if he plays hard and even if he did have good vision, which he doesn't, he is easily outmuscled. That just won't cut it.

Let's keep the numbers out of the discussion? Is that a joke? But fine, did you miss the words that have been posted in other posts about Markkanen? You saying random words about your crush doesn't make them true.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Either way, I don't think he'll be that good. I think he'll be a solid NBA player. Nothing more.

I watched Arizona games, so yeah I can. Trier didn't read the game perfectly well but that doesn't mean that Markkanen didn't get his shots. He still got shots.

Very good vision? That's just false; look again at the play I posted of him getting outplayed by Sean O'Mara. He doesn't see that over the top ball, takes a bad angle, and is beat. For the game winning basket. In the tournament. Even if he plays hard and even if he did have good vision, which he doesn't, he is easily outmuscled. That just won't cut it.

Let's keep the numbers out of the discussion? Is that a joke? But fine, did you miss the words that have been posted in other posts about Markkanen? You saying random words about your crush doesn't make them true.

Perfectly well? Offense doesn't run because he makes super dumb decision way too often. And let's not even talk about his defense. Trevon Bluiett schooled him all night long. Yes but the quality of the shots was much better before Trier came in.

Yes he has. One play doesn't tell anything. Of course everyone makes mistakes once in a while. Still remember how he outplayed UCLA or Oregon PF? There is maybe two PF in NBA which i would be worried Markkanen guarding and they are Blake Griffin & Anthony Davis. He will outmuscle players in future.

Why would it be a joke? We can't tell anything from stupid stats. We're changing options here, let's keep "facts" out of the discussion.

Last edited:

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Perfectly well? Offense doesn't run because he makes super dumb decision way too often. And let's not even talk about his defense. Trevon Bluiett schooled him all night long. Yes but the quality of the shots was much better before Trier came in.

Yes he has. One play doesn't tell anything. Of course everyone makes mistakes once in a while. Still remember how he outplayed UCLA or Oregon PF? There is maybe two PF in NBA which i would be worried Markkanen guarding and they are Blake Griffin & Anthony Davis. He will outmuscle players in future.

Why would it be a joke? We can't tell anything from stupid stats. We're changing options here, let's keep "facts" out of the discussion.

Poor shot quality doesn't make sense logically nor does it fit the eye test. I remember in particular markkanen missing a handful of open looks against Xavier.

Yeah but he also got beat badly by Jock Landdale. And the thing is, neither of these players are exactly NBA caliber. I'd be worried about Draymond and Love and Horford and Aldridge and Millsaps, etc. Markkanen might be able to cover someone like Channing Frye though.

Lol at stats saying nothing. Dude you're delusional. What's next, Laine is better than McDavid because stats don't matter and because you're crushing on Laine too?

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Poor shot quality doesn't make sense logically nor does it fit the eye test. I remember in particular markkanen missing a handful of open looks against Xavier.

Yeah but he also got beat badly by Jock Landdale. And the thing is, neither of these players are exactly NBA caliber. I'd be worried about Draymond and Love and Horford and Aldridge and Millsaps, etc. Markkanen might be able to cover someone like Channing Frye though.

Lol at stats saying nothing. Dude you're delusional. What's next, Laine is better than McDavid because stats don't matter and because you're crushing on Laine too?

Yes it does. Markkanen missed open shots against Xavier and Trier wasn't able to feed him at post. It was bad game by Lauri like i said. Happens to everyone once in a while.

Jock Landdale is a 3rd year player and center. He is also heavyweight compared to Markkanen. Anyway he didn't get schooled, Markkanen schooled him;

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball/2017/3/18/14970714/ncaa-tournament-lauri-markkanen-arizona-wildcats-saint-marys-gaels-stats-rebound-defense

I won't be that worried about those guys. It could take some time to learn to defend against that caliber players but Lauri also has his strength's against them at offense.

Ok then tell me how we can see quality of the situations from stats? That's the biggest factor, not the numbers. Let's keep Pate and McDavid out of discussion.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRJ20B-XJuA

8:20 is the shot Trier made against Xavier and also last shot of season. Just to gave a example about his vision & someone called this good shot. Allen & Alkins was clearly open as you can see from video.

Phenomenal.. except for the fact that the past two 1OA picks haven't even made the tournament. That's proof in itself that scouts are evaluating the individuals performance and not necessarily the team or outside factors beyond the players control.

He won't be faulted for his teammates bad plays, Trier plays absolutely no factor in Markkanens defense and rebounding... Or are Markkanen's short comings in those categories also Triers fault?

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Phenomenal.. except for the fact that the past two 1OA picks haven't even made the tournament. That's proof in itself that scouts are evaluating the individuals performance and not necessarily the team or outside factors beyond the players control.

He won't be faulted for his teammates bad plays, Trier plays absolutely no factor in Markkanens defense and rebounding... Or are Markkanen's short comings in those categories also Triers fault?

Markkanen is pretty good rebounder he averages 7.0 rebound per game and he makes solid job boxing out his man when someone else takes rebound. Markkanen has potential in his defense. He shutdown many PF in Pac-12.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Markkanen is pretty good rebounder he averages 7.0 rebound per game and he makes solid job boxing out his man when someone else takes rebound. Markkanen has potential in his defense. He shutdown many PF in Pac-12.

He's really not, though? You can talk all the nonsense you'd like, that doesn't make it true. If he was as good at rebounding and defending as you say he is, he'd be a far more dominant player in college.

He's a jump shooter. That's his NBA skill. Everything else is very much a work in progress despite what your biased eyes tell you.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Markkanen 15.8/ 10.0

Buckets 13.3/ 5.7

After five games....

But, Buckets is a top 10 player in the league and LM can't rebound....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad