Trade: [CHI/MIN] Jimmy Butler, Justin Patton for Lauri Markkanen, Zach LaVine, and Kris Dunn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
He could be even Top 3 player, but if he kills the chemistry in the team, he should go. This was best time to trade him, because we can't wait to the next season. It would be a huge risk and his value could drop down. He can't be "The guy" if he doesn't know how to behave with teammates. Team Spirit > Anything else. He was also trying to ask way too much money at his next deal.

I doubt he could be better than LBJ/KD/Curry, not to discount his abilities.

What is way too much money? The 200 million dollar super max that top players are going to start getting? How much do you expect to play a top 10 player?

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
I doubt he could be better than LBJ/KD/Curry, not to discount his abilities.

What is way too much money? The 200 million dollar super max that top players are going to start getting? How much do you expect to play a top 10 player?

You really missed point that bad or are you just trying to **** the comma?

You should try to watch this from a bigger picture. If we pay 200 million for Butler it takes way too much money from our budget and we can't rebuild our team. It's much better option spend same money for other players. If Dunn, Lavine & Markkanen reach their potential, we have three very solid starters in our team.

240 million is way too much for a player who kills the chemistry in the locker room. If he was making his teammates better and raises the spirit in the team, then this would be a totally different question, but he isn't. He doesn't know how to be a leader.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Makes sense. You guys both display rabid homerism that isn't grounded in reality.

Krisbryant has much larger knowledge about basketball than you and besides that you are the last person to criticize anyone about homerism or anything like that. He is very decent poster.

Asiantuntija means expert in Finnish, you're not supposed to separate the word.

Exactly :laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Krisbryant has much larger knowledge about basketball than you and besides that you are the last person to criticize anyone about homerism or anything like that. He is very decent poster.

Exactly :laugh::laugh:

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Asiantuntija means expert in Finnish, you're not supposed to separate the word.
(Nods head)

Makes sense.

What I do know, which many seem to not think about, is that the Bulls just got three decent pieces for one great one.

25 dollar steak, or 25 dollar buffet? Depends on the appetite. I for one refuse to attack a fan who loves his team on a fan forum, of all places.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
3 decent pieces? A major question mark of a prospect , A guy who was disaster as rookie in Minny and was dumped a year after being drafted high in 2016 draft and a guy coming off major knee injury are hardly what one would call 3 decent pieces

And to be accurate Bulls gave up a great pice + a decent piece (That 1st rounder they gave)

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I'm a Bulls fan, but the homerism is sickening in here. What has Gar/Pax done to deserve the benefit of the doubt? And the need to rip on Butler? GTFOH. Butler was a great player who occasionally spoke up about his ****** coach being a ****** coach. He's not a cancer or anything close to it.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
3 decent pieces? A major question mark of a prospect , A guy who was disaster as rookie in Minny and was dumped a year after being drafted high in 2016 draft and a guy coming off major knee injury are hardly what one would call 3 decent pieces

And to be accurate Bulls gave up a great pice + a decent piece (That 1st rounder they gave)
LaVine is a solid scoring guard who plays defense. I have more faith in medicine to correct his injury then bleating on about how bad he is.

Dunn was a rookie, which, playing for Thibs, means you earn playing time. When he started he was productive on both sides of the court, but, you know, a two time player of the year and defensive player of the year is suddenly a bust....:D :D :D

As for the other first round pick, the Bulls swapped picks. Seven is the better pick, the Bulls got the better player, in a draft that was top heavy in talent. Draft picks in the NBA have little value outside of top picks considering the parity in talent outside of extremely talented players.

The jury's out on Lauri but I like his potential. People act like there were better offers out there for Butler when there wasn't.

Smh indeed

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I'm a Bulls fan, but the homerism is sickening in here. What has Gar/Pax done to deserve the benefit of the doubt? And the need to rip on Butler? GTFOH. Butler was a great player who occasionally spoke up about his ****** coach being a ****** coach. He's not a cancer or anything close to it.

Come on now ,, They acquired all those amazing lotto tickets

Denzel Valentine , Bobby Portis , Tony Snell , Dougie McDermott , etc , etc :sarcasm:

Also I am reminded the hype around this Finn to what we saw with Nikola Mirotic. Who has been nothing but an overrated reserve player since coming over from Europe

Bulls have been disaster for years and this trade is latest in long line of mistakes

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Dunn was a rookie, which, playing for Thibs, means you earn playing time. When he started he was productive on both sides of the court, but, you know, a two time player of the year and defensive player of the year is suddenly a bust....:D :D :D

Wow I did not realize Dunn was a two time NBA Player of the Year and NBA Defensive Player of the Year :amazed:

Oh wait your talking about NCAA accomplishments

Now it sounds like your talking about Doug McDermott. How did that work out for Bulls?

Being a good NCAA player doesn't mean #### with regard to NBA and what Dunn showed last year hardly inspires confidence

And since you want to talk up Thibs ,, What does it say about Dunn/Lavine that Thibs after a year didn't see anything from either worth retaining? Also what does it say that T-Wolves who so loved Dunn and Lavine at 2016 draft were giddy to dump them on Bulls at 2017 draft?

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Wow I did not realize Dunn was a two time NBA Player of the Year and NBA Defensive Player of the Year :amazed:

Oh wait your talking about NCAA accomplishments

Now it sounds like your talking about Doug McDermott. How did that work out for Bulls?

Being a good NCAA player doesn't mean #### with regard to NBA and what Dunn showed last year hardly inspires confidence

And since you want to talk up Thibs ,, What does it say about Dunn/Lavine that Thibs after a year didn't see anything from either worth retaining? Also what does it say that T-Wolves who so loved Dunn and Lavine at 2016 draft were giddy to dump them on Bulls at 2017 draft?
You lost me when a rookie was a two time player of the year in the NBA.....smh again

Wait, why did they give up LaVine and Dunn? Umm...to get Butler, perhaps? Is this real life?

It's basically the same trade as the year before. Pundits trying to Trump up Butler's actual value isn't going to because if GarPax was selling him off to the highest bidder they would have taken it if they were determined to move him and start over.

Smh again just to be sure.....

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016

This was Dunn first season in NBA and it's way too less data to call him bust. His style looks good for me and when he adjust to NBA his stats will raise. How many points Butler scored in his first season? Exactly.

Also I am reminded the hype around this Finn to what we saw with Nikola Mirotic. Who has been nothing but an overrated reserve player since coming over from Europe

Bulls have been disaster for years and this trade is latest in long line of mistakes

Almost everyone in the Chicago Bulls forum has mentioned that Lauri has nothing to do with Mirotic. He is much better shooter and his body is better for basketball. He isn't soft like Mirotic. Lauri has better attitude in his game. He plays hard.

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
LaVine is a solid scoring guard who plays defense.

Now I like Zach as a player and you're not wrong, he does play defense. The Problem is he plays it badly. He was the worst defender on the Wolves last season, a Team that included Shabazz and Wiggins, both pretty bad defenders of their own.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
This was Dunn first season in NBA and it's way too less data to call him bust. His style looks good for me and when he adjust to NBA his stats will raise. How many points Butler scored in his first season? Exactly.
This is the most glaring truth of the whole debate.

This notion that Buckets was some all world superstar from day one is hilarious. He played for Thibs which means he came off the bench and earned minutes.

Which....is exactly what Dunn did. Buckets big break came when Deng got injured and Thibs had no choice but to play him. Did Jimmy take advantage? Of course he did and the rest is history. But...the fact remains Dunn had better stats in his 22 year then Jimmy did while playing on a very comparable team.

Lol @ Dunn being a bust. I love this forum

I learned Kris Dunn is a bust and a two time player of the year in the NBA as a rookie last year, the Clippers got a better haul in their trade getting journeymen then the Bulls getting young promising players while shipping off somebody they wanted to trade, a late first round pick has value in a weak draft, and that trading a second round pick for cash is horrible when the chance the player picked on that pick has about a 90% chance of never lacing up his shoes in the NBA.

"I love this town...." -William Defoe

Last edited:

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Now I like Zach as a player and you're not wrong, he does play defense. The Problem is he plays it badly. He was the worst defender on the Wolves last season, a Team that included Shabazz and Wiggins, both pretty bad defenders of their own.
But, could he grow defensively? I am under the assumption with his athleticism he can. Granted, let's see where he's at after the surgery but I think he will be ok.

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
But, could he grow defensively? I am under the assumption with his athleticism he can. Granted, let's see where he's at after the surgery but I think he will be ok.

Sure, he could. But is he likely to? I have my doubts, his Problems on D never were because of a lack of athleticism or quickness, but because he just has no idea of what to do on D. To even become a decent defender, he has a loooong road ahead.Right Now he really, truly is an awful Defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad