Proposal: Car-Tor

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
2 of them sure are in the right deal. If it makes the team better I’m sure management would be all over it.

No, the big 3 aren't available for trade. The Leafs are having their best season in over a decade because of them, there is absolutely no reason to break that up. They can and will upgrade and build the team around them.

If you want to play the semantics game, sure, Connor McDavid come on down. But attempting to trade laterally for the sake of position simply isn't going to cut it. The Oilers Hall/Larsson trade should be a lesson to rebuilding teams, not the blueprint.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
The Leafs will be able to get all three of Matthews, Marner and Nylander locked up. The ones who say they won't are just attempting to stir up a non existent problem.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
The Leafs are going to have no problems paying the big three. What is op talking about? Lupus comes off the books, and so does JVR, Bozak, and Komarov. Cap is also expected to rise considerably next year.
Leaf fans are going to be sorely disappointed if they think they can replace JVR, Bozak and Komarov for peanuts and youth.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
I think the value is there. Problem for Toronto is that we are not nearly deep enough long term at C. Although we do shore up our D we are left with a void down the middle. Carolina seems to have a surplus of good yound D, so this would sting but would likely make their team better.

I'd politely decline.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
No, the big 3 aren't available for trade. The Leafs are having their best season in over a decade because of them, there is absolutely no reason to break that up. They can and will upgrade and build the team around them.

If you want to play the semantics game, sure, Connor McDavid come on down. But attempting to trade laterally for the sake of position simply isn't going to cut it. The Oilers Hall/Larsson trade should be a lesson to rebuilding teams, not the blueprint.
Sure they can trade one of them. If you don’t want to admit it then go ahead. If there is a young defenceman with 1D potential then he they are absolutely available and Toronto would be stupid to not consider it

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Leaf fans are going to be sorely disappointed if they think they can replace JVR, Bozak and Komarov for peanuts and youth.
You can't keep Kapanen on the 4th line forever. He's ready to step in to the top-9.

They can also fit in the signing of their young core + UFA's. There are plenty of other options in FA.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
You can't keep Kapanen on the 4th line forever. He's ready to step in to the top-9.

They can also fit in the signing of their young core + UFA's. There are plenty of other options in FA.
You think Kapanen could hold JVR’s jock talent wise? Maybe one day but that day isn’t coming next year. And you’re forgetting who the Leafs coach is. That Kapanen style doesn’t work with his no fun system. Hyman is a Babcock prototype, dear lord with the talent on the Leafs forward group he’s 2nd in TOI.

Those FA options to cover that talent are going to cost.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
You think Kapanen could hold JVR’s jock talent wise? Maybe one day but that day isn’t coming next year. And you’re forgetting who the Leafs coach is. That Kapanen style doesn’t work with his no fun system. Hyman is a Babcock prototype, dear lord with the talent on the Leafs forward group he’s 2nd in TOI.

Those FA options to cover that talent are going to cost.

You have no idea what you're talking about lmao.

What is Kapanen's "style" that isn't going to work with Babcock? Is it the responsible defensive play that's the issue or the hard forechecking? Maybe Babcock has a problem with how reliably he PKs?

JVR is the opposite of a Babcock player, that's why his minutes have been dropping every season he's played under Babcock.

I would try to contradict yourself less next time you make an uninformed post.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
The Canes defence is vastly overrated and Slavin falls into that, I saw that Boston debacle a few days ago...oh and please don’t give me the whole it’s the goalies fault crap. I was present when the Leafs lit them up this season as well.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
The Canes defence is vastly overrated and Slavin falls into that, I saw that Boston debacle a few days ago...oh and please don’t give me the whole it’s the goalies fault crap. I was present when the Leafs lit them up this season as well.
Oh look at this big shot analyst here with a solid 2 game sample size.

I bet you even googled Slavin's name and saw his +/- too

You're primed to be the next Dubas.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
I am offended! Apparently Scott Darling is good but not elite. This guy is hands down the worst goalie to ever put on a Canes Jersey.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tryamw

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Sure they can trade one of them. If you don’t want to admit it then go ahead. If there is a young defenceman with 1D potential then he they are absolutely available and Toronto would be stupid to not consider it

If you need to imagine highly important players on a good team getting traded for your NHL18 fantasies., you do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad