Proposal: Car-Tor

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Using Pittsburgh is a pretty bad example considering they have 2 of the best players in the world on their team. Marner nor Nylander are not even close to Malkins level. And yes I absolutely believe that Pittsburgh would trade Kessel to stabilize their defence if they needed to.

The leafs could absolutely use a top pairing defenceman to play with Morgan Rielly. I understand that it would suck losing one of them but it’s not like they would be giving them away. They would be getting someone in return.

The fact that the Leafs need a top pairing guy also doesn’t mean they have to trade one of Marner-Nylander. Especially at this point in their rebuild. With their core so young they have time on their hands. And even then, top pairing guys have been acquired on the trade market without giving up a bluechip young roster player - most trades these days are of a quantity for quality structure.

Last edited:

CheMxDawG

Jan 26, 2017
The fact that the Leafs need a top pairing guy also doesn’t mean they have to trade one of Marner-Nylander. Especially at this point in their rebuild. With their core so young they have time on their hands. And even then, top pairing guys have been acquired on the trade market without giving up a bluechip young roster player - most trades these days are of a quantity for quality structure.

If you only want one year of a top pair d for a cup run, sure. Otherwise, top pair d with term don't get traded without blue chip prospects coming back.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
I hope you’re right cause I would like to keep all 3 of them. I was only disagreeing with some people who are under the assumption that the leafs will never trade one of the 3. But in reality none of us really know.

Reactions: Menzinger

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
If you only want one year of a top pair d for a cup run, sure. Otherwise, top pair d with term don't get traded without blue chip prospects coming back.

Flames picked up Hamilton for a 1st and a couple 2nds.

Marner and Nylander aren’t prospects anymore either - they’re young members of the core.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
You have no idea what you're talking about lmao.

What is Kapanen's "style" that isn't going to work with Babcock? Is it the responsible defensive play that's the issue or the hard forechecking? Maybe Babcock has a problem with how reliably he PKs?

JVR is the opposite of a Babcock player, that's why his minutes have been dropping every season he's played under Babcock.

I would try to contradict yourself less next time you make an uninformed post.
What line does Kapanen skate on? Riiiiiiight, im the one contradicting myself. [MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad