Proposal: Car-Tor

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
When a Leaf poster said what would it take to acquire Pesce from the Canes with Marner, Matthews and Nylander off the table....

And guess who liked the post...you've been all sort of owned lol

Owned by what exactly, your continued inability to understand context, and the fact that trades don't happen in a vacuum?

Then let's see your argument on which non big 3 Leafs player it makes sense for the Canes to trade Pesce for

Reactions: Tryamw

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
For arguments sake...what do you value those 4 at, who's what....Slavin is considered top pair, Hanifin seems to have more value than Marner on here according to HF(I don't think so) which makes him first pair, there was a Pesce for Nylander proposal on here where I saw Pesce valued as top pair. Justin Faulk's trade value seemed to be first pair on here....what have I said wrong?

Slavin is a #1.
Someone saying that Hanifin projects as a future 1st pairing D would just be repeating every scouting report ever made about him since he was a top-5 Draft pick, not sure you can pin that on Canes fans. He has been a sheltered 2nd/3rd pairing offensive D this year.
The Pesce for Nylander proposals were Leafs' fans reasoning that they need a RHD instead of LHD. I have seen zero Canes fans in my existence at HF who expect Pesce to return a top forward.
Faulk has been considered a #1 by most standards in the past. He has been 2nd pair caliber this year.

Quality post, I doubt many Canes fans would agree with you but quality non-bias post.

Well you don't have a good read on what Canes fans think, that is for sure.

Be honest, how many Canes games have you watched this year? Do you really fancy yourself as highly knowledgeable of the Canes defense? I'm trying to decide if it would be sadder that 1) you are patting yourself on the back over something you know nothing of or 2) You have actually been watching Carolina Hurricanes games in your free time in which you seriously need a hobby. Most Canes fans don't even want to watch Canes games.

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
I'm providing the examples you wanted yet all you do is go off on tangents to avoid the point....still waiting for your evaluations or should I stick to Big Daddy's evaluations as yours? Yes....ok.

Not a single one of your "examples" has had a Canes poster calling Pesce or Hanifin a top pairing D unfortunately, so no, you haven't provided examples.

And I AGREED with Big Daddy's evaluations, as I said almost all Canes fans would.

Reactions: Tryamw

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Owned by what exactly, your continued inability to understand context, and the fact that trades don't happen in a vacuum?

Then let's see your argument on which non big 3 Leafs player it makes sense for the Canes to trade Pesce for

Kadri has some solid value and is having a solid season, JVR would make sense if he was signed. Kapanen with a small additional piece would make sense, Brown with a bigger piece.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Not a single one of your "examples" has had a Canes poster calling Pesce or Hanifin a top pairing D unfortunately, so no, you haven't provided examples.

And I AGREED with Big Daddy's evaluations, as I said almost all Canes fans would.

Interesting reasoning, the posters won’t trade the guys for anything less than top line players....Marner and Nylander but yet their not top pairing defenceman, doesn’t make a ton of sense to me. 2nd pairing defenceman aren’t worth top notch 1st line forwards

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
Kadri has some solid value and is having a solid season, JVR would make sense if he was signed. Kapanen with a small additional piece would make sense, Brown with a bigger piece.

Kadri could make sense depending on if the Canes thought he could be their 1C, otherwise not. JVR isn't signed, so its a moot point talking hypotheticals. Kapanen doesn't make sense unless he will step onto the Canes top line, same with Brown. This isn't NHL 18 where you just add on pieces until the value bars are even. There has to be a fit for the team. The Canes already have a ton of solid, middle 6 players and prosepects. The gaping hole is a first line center. It doesn't make sense to trade away part of your top 4 for something you already have an abundance of, that just makes it harder to fill the gigantic hole on the first line. That's called context, and is why Canes fans don't want to trade their D unless its for a top liner. Has precisely zero to do with thinking they're all top pairing guys. Is that enough?

Reactions: The List Of Jericho

Cotton

May 13, 2013
What’s all the bickering for, Leafs say a polite no thanks, both teams go off in different directions looking for a better partner.

Reactions: Raymoondo

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Kadri could make sense depending on if the Canes thought he could be their 1C, otherwise not. JVR isn't signed, so its a moot point talking hypotheticals. Kapanen doesn't make sense unless he will step onto the Canes top line, same with Brown. This isn't NHL 18 where you just add on pieces until the value bars are even. There has to be a fit for the team. The Canes already have a ton of solid, middle 6 players and prosepects. The gaping hole is a first line center. It doesn't make sense to trade away part of your top 4 for something you already have an abundance of, that just makes it harder to fill the gigantic hole on the first line. That's called context, and is why Canes fans don't want to trade their D unless its for a top liner. Has precisely zero to do with thinking they're all top pairing guys. Is that enough?

As much as it’s going to get, good day sir.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
What’s all the bickering for, Leafs say a polite no thanks, both teams go off in different directions looking for a better partner.

We debating. Marner and Nylander top notch 1st line forwards. AO, Crosby, Stamkos. Also top notch 1st line forwards.

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
Interesting reasoning, the posters won’t trade the guys for anything less than top line players....Marner and Nylander but yet their not top pairing defenceman, doesn’t make a ton of sense to me. 2nd pairing defenceman aren’t worth top notch 1st line forwards

Which is why you don't see Canes fans starting these threads more than 5% of the time. Other teams want a D, Canes fans say no thanks, we'd rather make no move than the wrong one that doesn't fit a need. And suddenly its "OMG you guys think you have like seveteen top pairing D bah so overrated not even in the playoffs lul." It happens every week, without a single Canes fan actually calling Pesce, Hanifin, or usually Faulk a top pairing D

Cotton

May 13, 2013
We debating. Marner and Nylander top notch 1st line forwards. AO, Crosby, Stamkos. Also top notch 1st line forwards.

There’s no point, most of the posters bickering aren’t even familiar with the other teams players. And the Leafs have no need for a LD, they just don’t make good trade partners.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
There’s no point, most of the posters bickering aren’t even familiar with the other teams players. And the Leafs have no need for a LD, they just don’t make good trade partners.

There is a point. Poster claim Nylander and Marner top notch 1st line forwards. Stats no same as Crosby, Stamkos, AO. They top notch 1st line forwards. Poster no idea what he talking about.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
There is a point. Poster claim Nylander and Marner top notch 1st line forwards. Stats no same as Crosby, Stamkos, AO. They top notch 1st line forwards. Poster no idea what he talking about.

There is gradations of talent Encino Man, one can be a top talent and 1st line player and still be not as good as another.

Reactions: Raymoondo

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Darling is good? Had to double-check the calendar. It's not April 1st.

So it begs the question good at what? Boosting opponents' shooting percentages?

Got confused with another goaltender. Looking at his statistics, he's not that good, considering he has a big defensive wall in front of him.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
What’s your point?

Neither of those teams had anything to lose by making a large shakeup. The Blue Jackets were a dumpster fire and the Preds were a bubble team. The Leafs are already a good team, mainly on the backs of the 3 players that won't be traded any time soon.

Do you think the Penguins should trade Malkin or Kessel for the sake of roster balance?

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
Top notch and franchise forwards are two different things but thanks for skewing my words

Top notch 1st line forwards. Top 25 in points in NHL. Marner and Nylander no top 25 in points. Not top notch 1st line forwards . Still a hard pass for Carolina. 1 D commands a 1C return. 3 - 4 years from now maybe depending on the 2 players development. Right now, bad trade for Carolina.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Neither of those teams had anything to lose by making a large shakeup. The Blue Jackets were a dumpster fire and the Preds were a bubble team. The Leafs are already a good team, mainly on the backs of the 3 players that won't be traded any time soon.

Do you think the Penguins should trade Malkin or Kessel for the sake of roster balance?
Using Pittsburgh is a pretty bad example considering they have 2 of the best players in the world on their team. Marner nor Nylander are not even close to Malkins level. And yes I absolutely believe that Pittsburgh would trade Kessel to stabilize their defence if they needed to.

The leafs could absolutely use a top pairing defenceman to play with Morgan Rielly. I understand that it would suck losing one of them but it’s not like they would be giving them away. They would be getting someone in return.

Reactions: Michel Beauchamp

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Using Pittsburgh is a pretty bad example considering they have 2 of the best players in the world on their team. Marner nor Nylander are not even close to Malkins level. And yes I absolutely believe that Pittsburgh would trade Kessel to stabilize their defence if they needed to.

The leafs could absolutely use a top pairing defenceman to play with Morgan Rielly. I understand that it would suck losing one of them but it’s not like they would be giving them away. They would be getting someone in return.
A very well reasoned post.

Hats off to you. :bow:

But you might be ostracized by some fellow Leafs fans.

Reactions: shortfuze

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad