Proposal: Car-Tor

varano

Jun 27, 2013
We wouldn't trade nylander unless we were getting an elite defensemen. I don't see one in that trade offer.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
We wouldn't trade nylander unless we were getting an elite defensemen. I don't see one in that trade offer.

Larsson got Hall. Hall was an 80 point player and a 30 goal scorer. Nylander no 80 point player. Nylander no 30 goal scorer. I rest my case.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Leafs free up 26M next season & Horton is still on Robidas Island & salary cap is going up.We can let Bozak etc walk & still have enough money to pay the big boys.
I make it less than $22M.

Why do you need the need to fudge the numbers ?

Did you get your degree from Trump University ?

Lupul: $5.25M
JVR: $4.25M
Bozak: $4.2M
Plekanec: $3M
Komarov: $2.95M
Moore: $1M
Polak: $1.1M

Michel Beauchamp

Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Leafs have enough money to sign the big 3 to chiarelli like overpayments and still give Tavares a blank cheque to sign this summer. There’s no cap issues here in TO folks. #Fakenews
As for the proposed deal, I would rather add a first and or a prospect to Nylander and go get one of the impending UFA top caliber guys like a DD or a Karlsson or maybe OEL in a softer deal. In other words, not happening. TML doesn’t need more D, they need one Elite D to slot in next to Rielly and take everyone down a peg. Rielly Dermott Gardiner Zaitsev Carrick are all capable D men in the #2-#6 range with Borgman Liljegren looking like they both will be able to contribute in the next 12 months or so at the pro level.
Counter offer- on the draft floor if there’s a guy Carolina likes at the TML pick I’d do Kap and that first for Hanifin and Carolina’s 2nd
Are you as trustworthy as the man who uses that constantly ? :bb:

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Larsson got Hall. Hall was an 80 point player and a 30 goal scorer. Nylander no 80 point player. Nylander no 30 goal scorer. I rest my case.
Wow...
Taylor hall reached 80 points once and has played 1 complete NHL Season since he came into the league. Good effort though!

I make it less than $22M.

Why do you need the need to fudge the numbers ?

Did you get your degree from Trump University ?

Lupul: $5.25M
JVR: $4.25M
Bozak: $4.2M
Plekanec: $3M
Komarov: $2.95M
Moore: $1M
Polak: $1.1M
I think the better question is why do you give a shit over 4 million dollars? Get a grip, he wasn't that far off

Last edited by a moderator:

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Leaf fans are going to be sorely disappointed if they think they can replace JVR, Bozak and Komarov for peanuts and youth.
JVR we'll miss, but Bozak and Komarov are both legitimately horrible players. Bozak plays a super sheltered role and still doesn't produce and Komarov's declined to the point where all of his value comes from pking. He's an offensive and possession black hole.

Reactions: TS Quint

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Come on then, find the proof and post it. I won't hold my breath

For arguments sake...what do you value those 4 at, who's what....Slavin is considered top pair, Hanifin seems to have more value than Marner on here according to HF(I don't think so) which makes him first pair, there was a Pesce for Nylander proposal on here where I saw Pesce valued as top pair. Justin Faulk's trade value seemed to be first pair on here....what have I said wrong?

Michel Beauchamp

Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
For arguments sake...what do you value those 4 at, who's what....Slavin is considered top pair, Hanifin seems to have more value than Marner on here according to HF(I don't think so) which makes him first pair, there was a Pesce for Nylander proposal on here where I saw Pesce valued as top pair. Justin Faulk's trade value seemed to be first pair on here....what have I said wrong?
Are you that surprised that fans might have differing opinions abut different players ?

What a black and white world you must be inhabiting !!!

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
With another year missing the playoffs and a new GM, the Canes might be prepared for a Jones/Johansen or Larsson/Hall type trade.

Toronto is not going to be able to pay Matthews/Marner/Nylander (especially since Marleau is on the payroll through 2020).

So Slavin for Nylander.

As a Canes' fan, I want/expect Slavin to be part of the core. But two things are reality: 1) The Canes need more offense, including from the D and Slavin might have a 40 point ceiling (whereas Hanifin and Bean might be 50-55). 2) Like the trades mentioned above, you have to give up something to get something.

Have at it!!
If Slavin was a right hand shot i would probably do it but given that he isn't it doesn't really seem worth while to trade a player of Nylanders caliber without filling an organizational need (leafs are actually quite deep on the left side).
Pluss leafs wont have any problem resigning the big 3 with how many expiring UFA's they have coming up and with the cap likely increasing.

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015

The ONLY time all 4 are mentioned as top pairing is when [MOD] comes into a thread like you did to sarcastically exclaim it and how they're soooo overrated because the Canes aren't in a playoff spot, as if league bottom offense and goaltending aren't giant factors. That's it, Repeatedly.

If you can't distinguish the difference between current ability and trade value/availability because of age, potential, fit, and ability to replace, then that's on you.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
The ONLY time all 4 are mentioned as top pairing is when some self righteous dbag comes into a thread like you did to sarcastically exclaim it and how they're soooo overrated because the Canes aren't in a playoff spot, as if league bottom offense and goaltending aren't giant factors. That's it, Repeatedly.

If you can't distinguish the difference between current ability and trade value/availability because of age, potential, fit, and ability to replace, then that's on you.

You still haven't told me how you value them, you keep diverting around the issue, let's hear it [MOD]

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA

I’d be surprised if any Canes fan called Hanifin a top-pairing defenseman, even after his best of games. Perhaps fans of other teams use that language to describe a player that came into the league with a lot of hype and assume that he’s on at that level right now. However, there’s absolutely no justification for those that watch him play regularly to give him that label.

As for right now, I’d say Hanifin is a borderline offensive #4. Faulk has been downgraded to a “two-way” #3/#4 after this season. Slavin‘s offense regressed, so he’s back to down to a defensive #2. Pesce is static as a complimentary defensive #2-#4.

I think what you’re missing is that Carolina has a pretty tailored need for a frontline scorer or forward with that potential. If that doesn’t come back the other way, why bother moving one of those 4? Does trading Slavin/Pesce/Faulk/Hanifin for say Kapanen+ really make the organization better long-term?

EDIT: Hanifin's perceived trade value is driven by his potential. This is only post-draft year 3 for him. He has room to grow.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
I’d be surprised if any Canes fan called Hanifin a top-pairing defenseman, even after his best of games. Perhaps fans of other teams use that language to describe a player that came into the league with a lot of hype and assume that he’s on at that level right now. However, there’s absolutely no justification for those that watch him play regularly to give him that label.

As for right now, I’d say Hanifin is a borderline offensive #4. Faulk has been downgraded to a “two-way” #3/#4 after this season. Slavin‘s offense regressed, so he’s back to down to a defensive #2. Pesce is static as a complimentary defensive #2-#4.

I think what you’re missing is that Carolina has a pretty tailored need for a frontline scorer or forward with that potential. If that doesn’t come back the other way, why bother moving one of those 4? Does trading Slavin/Pesce/Faulk/Hanifin for say Kapanen+ really make the organization better long-term?

Quality post, I doubt many Canes fans would agree with you but quality non-bias post.

Reactions: Tryamw

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
You still haven't told me how you value them, you keep diverting around the issue, let's hear it since I'm such a dbag.

And you still haven't backed up your initial statement of Canes fans saying they have 4 top D with any proof, unsurprisingly. If you're just gonna spout baseless nonsense there's no point me trying to engage in real conversation.

Reactions: Tryamw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->