C/W Travis Konecny (2015, 24th, PHI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Rumour was the Jets were about to take him until Hexy moved up, imagine a draft that landed them Connor and TK in the 2nd half of the 1st rd :amazed:

It was also rumored that the Devils were in on Konecny as well. Can't remember the source, but roughly the picks that were going to be used to move up to get Konecny were later used to trade to the Ducks for Kyle Palmieri (after Philly grabbed Konecny).

My only concern with Konecny is his shoulder...other than than he's looking like a stud

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Toronto turned #24, into #33, #61 and #68 so they did pretty well.

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/hockey/DraftTrades/Years/2015.htm

To me this speaks more of Hextall. He turned a conditional #29th pick obtained in a trade for an outgoing player in Coburn and sweetening it with a #68 pick he also obtained from the trade deadline into a terrific young player in Travis Konecny. When you get the best player by moving up to get him, and all it really cost you was dumping players at the deadline, and a #68 pick. I don't care who you are, this was a great example of good progressive thinking Management.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
Good read. Just another draft +1 player that is too good to send back. Konecny is not a worry to me. He's just too good a skater not to be a NHL player when you factor in his hockey IQ and skillset, despite his lack of size. I have no problem saying Konecny will be a star player in the NHL one day, maybe as soon as this season.

Yup. And while he's not big, he plays like a big guy and with a lot of grit. I love that. His OHL highlights wow you. And he's looked like he belongs.

His physical game was on display already a year ago at the preseason game against the Rangers, he laid out Dylan McIlrath behind the net. To clarify, McIlrath is 6'5/220lbs, so that's impressive. He was also laying big hits in the WJC this year:

Last edited:

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
The King is still looking for the puck. What a shot by the kid. He is top nine now but he may worm his way to top six if he keeps this up.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
The King is still looking for the puck. What a shot by the kid. He is top nine now but he may worm his way to top six if he keeps this up.
He has played top 6 every game. Last game he started on 3rd line for first time and in the 3rd they put him back on the second line where he looked dominant again. For him to be effective, he needs to play with top 6 guys. Playing with Weise and Cousins won't help him much.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He has played top 6 every game. Last game he started on 3rd line for first time and in the 3rd they put him back on the second line where he looked dominant again. For him to be effective, he needs to play with top 6 guys. Playing with Weise and Cousins won't help him much.

Yup. It's not the he can't play on the 3rd line, but he is wasted there. The entire team looked different when they put TK back in the top 6 and dropped Raffl to the 3rd line.

He and Provy have passed every test this pre-season.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Yup. It's not the he can't play on the 3rd line, but he is wasted there. The entire team looked different when they put TK back in the top 6 and dropped Raffl to the 3rd line.

He and Provy have passed every test this pre-season.

Travis really adds a spark to this team and what can you say about Ivan, the young man is a stud.

kooner91

Apr 13, 2014
Man was I ever bummed when the Canucks passed on Konecny for Boeser. Pretty happy with the pick now, but Konecny looks like he could be a star in the making.

Philly fans got a steal as long as he stays healthy.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Hextall finally said that he's going to be on the team with intention of playing the entire season in the NHL. So pumped. Highest offensive upside prospect the team has had in a couple years.

Star potential.

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014
Hextall finally said that he's going to be on the team with intention of playing the entire season in the NHL. So pumped. Highest offensive upside prospect the team has had in a couple years.

Star potential.

So say he hits his potential do you think he's better or worse than voracrek

Snotbubbles

Oct 25, 2007

Voracek is a monster with puck possession, but isn't a true finisher. Konecny has an offensive flair to him that Voracek lacks. Not sure what TK point production will be in the NHL but I feel certain he'll be a better goal scorer than Jake.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland

Konecny has more puck skills and probably is more physical. I could see TK hitting around the Voracek's career high numbers if TK achieves his full potential.

I think of Konecny as a more gritty and speedy Giroux. He's a tenacious player that basically does everything on the ice.

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
Konecny has more puck skills and probably is more physical. I could see TK hitting around the Voracek's career high numbers if TK achieves his full potential.

I think of Konecny as a more gritty and speedy Giroux. He's a tenacious player that basically does everything on the ice.

Love the thought of this. Imagine if TK becomes everything Claude is plus some extra speed/grit. Claude does have an IQ that will be difficult to match though.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven.jpg

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
If not for Matthews 4 goal night I'd say Konecny has legitimate chances for Calder.

He's top 2 in Corsi for the Flyers in pre-season and thus far tops against the Kings

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
yup. he's legit

would honestly have declared him calder front runner if leafs hadn't played

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad