C/W Travis Konecny (2015, 24th, PHI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Was all over the place last night and had a great (clean even tho it was penalized) hit in open ice. Had a couple points. Cant wait for him to score his first goal. He's been close a couple times

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver
Yeah, when we look back on this draft years from now. I have a feeling Konecny is going to be one of those guys you wonder how he slipped to #24. He's a natural fit to be the heir apparent to Giroux one day for the Flyers.

Myself and at least one other on the Panthers board liked him as our pick at 12-14 OA.

He and Ivan may actually force me to watch Flyers games :D A few others, for that matter. Exciting young group.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
He looks every bit the NHL-er and could have more than his current points total. He's been robbed of a couple of goals and assists.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
He's been just as good as expected. I've said that he's a Giroux with more gritty game and faster skating. I'm not gonna say he will ever top Giroux's numbers, but he will have a very similar affect on the team in my eyes. Excellent passer and hockey IQ off the charts.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Love the compete level in his game. His work ethic and skill around the net reminds me a lot of Parise. He has some filling out to do, but he could be a real valuable all around guy. I see him as a 25-25 type guy who can play in all situations. I have him going top 15.

If he was 3-4 inches taller, he'd probably be getting talked about as a top 7 pick at this point.

This was my post from Feb 2015. Still feel pretty strong about him. What a steal at 24.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This was my post from Feb 2015. Still feel pretty strong about him. What a steal at 24.

I definitely can see the Parise comparisons but I also see some St. Louis in his game too.

I see him as more of a 25-40 guy though. His playmaking ability is off-the-charts. He already had 5 assists through 5 NHL games and 4 of them were primary beauties.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I definitely can see the Parise comparisons but I also see some St. Louis in his game too.

I see him as more of a 25-40 guy though. His playmaking ability is off-the-charts. He already had 5 assists through 5 NHL games and 4 of them were primary beauties.

Yea I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him achieve a ceiling higher than where I expected him. His playmaking has been extremely impressive. Tremendous young player.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Got his first goal tonight. Such a talented player. A little piece of me will die with each of his successes knowing that he could have been a Leaf at 24... :cry: nonetheless, hoping he keeps it up and has a great career.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Got his first goal tonight. Such a talented player. A little piece of me will die with each of his successes knowing that he could have been a Leaf at 24... :cry: nonetheless, hoping he keeps it up and has a great career.

Imagine what it would have looked like with Matthews-Marner, Nylander-Konecny as our top two line C-RW combos.....I yelled at my phone on the golf course when I saw that we traded that pick.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Barring injury should most likely be a Calder finalist.

Absolutely incredible how good he and Provy are, that 1st round for Hexy is looking tremendous for where his picks were.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
How has he looked? Still can't believe the Leafs traded down and refused to draft him.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He's been very good. He could easily have a handful of goals but he's hit some posts and had some bad puck luck (and maybe a bit of nerves at times). His speed creates so much space and so many scoring chances.

LePalle

Aug 22, 2006
South Jersey
How has he looked? Still can't believe the Leafs traded down and refused to draft him.

With space he's amazing. When he has to be strong on the puck or tough along the boards he's looked pretty weak. Could take a couple years to build more muscle and get used to the league but in the meantime he's still a good player who can make some great plays. Very happy with him. I'm sure the Leafs would have been happy with him too but honestly they got some great pieces from that trade and Konecny is still no Marner. ;)

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
With space he's amazing. When he has to be strong on the puck or tough along the boards he's looked pretty weak. Could take a couple years to build more muscle and get used to the league but in the meantime he's still a good player who can make some great plays. Very happy with him. I'm sure the Leafs would have been happy with him too but honestly they got some great pieces from that trade and Konecny is still no Marner. ;)

getting Bracco in the late 2nd round eased the sting a little bit, and we're hopeful that Bracco can become a Konecny-level scorer, but his compete is just so high...if he stays healthy I think Konecny is a pick that the leafs kick themselves about for a long time

The second half of the first round of the 2015 draft is looking a little ridiculous right now and Konecny is at the forefront of that

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012

I agree with Button that the Leafs actual screw up was not drafting Jacob Larsson. Konecny looks like a beauty but we need quality defenseman way more than we need players like Konecny.

nobody0211

Sep 25, 2014
Plant City
Good game tonight for TK. G, 5 SOG, 4HIT...only blemish was -2 and missed the open net after a great move against price on the break away

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
He was the best skater tonight on either team. He struggled to be contained and almost singlehandedly willed the team back down 2 goals with some big hits and a clutch goal. Also got into it with Markov. This was his most feisty game yet. It might be fair to say it was his best game yet, and he's been solid just about every game.

Good game tonight for TK. G, 5 SOG, 4HIT...only blemish was -2 and missed the open net after a great move against price on the break away

They still ended up scoring when he got the puck back. The -2 wasn't hit fault at all. He backchecked strong on the 3 on 4, but someone lost his man in transition. He had a few nice covers for teammates pinching. Another teammate turnover in zone that wasn't his fault for another goal. No goals against he was remotely liable for.

Last edited:

PEI Flyers Fan

Beach Bum
Jan 16, 2016
Waiting for Stanley
He was the best skater tonight on either team. He struggled to be contained and almost singlehandedly willed the team back down 2 goals with some big hits and a clutch goal. Also got into it with Markov. This was his most feisty game yet. It might be fair to say it was his best game yet, and he's been solid just about every game.

Totally agree.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
He really has been very good. Amazing that a guy with his skillset, who's already contributing in the NHL, didn't get drafted higher.

But yeah, he has no realistic shot at the Calder. Not in this rookie class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad