C/RW Jack Roslovic (2015, 25th, WPG)

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I'm just curious, did Winnipeg draft him wanting to play C? He played NTDP and Miami as a RW did he not, so why the change now?
I'm with you though, if Roslovic signs with London then he should clearly be the #1 centre. Hopefully with Tkachuk and Marner on his wings, although I'd be happy with Piccinich or Sherwood there too. Kuokkenen can be the #2 C with Jones and Pu on his wings.

I'm sure every team hopes a forward prospect can develop into an NHL center. Roslovic has a game that is well suited for center. He's very quick, smart, defensively responsible and has great vision. They had him at C at development camp the past couple of years. He excelled this year in that role.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Yeah, I agree with you on that one. Roslovic would, imo, easily be the best C on the team.

Marner i don't see back - but i've been wrong before.

I agree that he'd be the best C on the team. And the Knights don't ignore the views of the teams of which the players are under contract (see McCarron). Obviously things are never absolute - and I'm sure that the Jets are sophisticated enough to know that.

/\ This. Agreed.

And selfishly, please Winnipeg send him to London.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
But yet, they've done it better than any one over the last 10-15 years ;) The # of future NHLers weve seen develop here is an impressive list. It includes 4 yr kids, 1 year kids, kidsalready nhl drafted and ohl free agent signings. They develop future pros while winning games. Its been said over n over and proven to br true that their goal asan org is too get playerspro ready.

Agreed with your first paragraph that I left out. Id leave Marner on RW.

Don't get me wrong I am in favor of having Roslovic play in London because I think they do a great job attracting and developing NHL prospects. What I am trying to say is there is a very good chance he plays RW if that gives London the best chance to win. If the Jets top priority is having him develop as a hockey player then I like the London route, if their top priority is to have him develop as a Centre "now" then maybe the Moose is a safer route.

Jetsetter

Mar 2, 2015
Winnerpeg
This guy is a dark horse. Could make the Jets this year. Mark my words. Incredible on ice vision, passing skills and speed to burn!

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I'm banking on Rozlovic,
Ultimately in3 years someone needs to replace Little at 2C. He is the only one I see capable in the Jets system that has the potential .
Unless another miracle happens and Jets drafts Nolan PAtrick next year.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
If you ask me, I say London and take that nr 1 center spot. London is a good place and hoppfully his old Buddy matty t returns aswell

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If he doesn't make the team do you think they will send him to the AHL or the OHL?

I think his chances at the NHL are pretty low (not impossible though) so he's likely playing for a shot at the AHL or OHL. If he can't hang with the big boys he'll be in London. Though I think the Jets are looking to develop him at C so a lot depends on that too probably.
It's so hard to say.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I think his chances at the NHL are pretty low (not impossible though) so he's likely playing for a shot at the AHL or OHL. If he can't hang with the big boys he'll be in London. Though I think the Jets are looking to develop him at C so a lot depends on that too probably.
It's so hard to say.

Dvorak is gone for sure, so the 1C position is open.

Cliff Pu (Buffalo's '16 3rd round pick) was 2C last season. He'll be back.

Janne Kuokkanen (Carolina's '16 2nd round pick) should be in London this season (he was their import pick). He was good in pre-season. He plays both C and wing.

If Roslovic were in London his season he'd be playing as a 19 year old (the other two are 18 year olds). I think that, assuming Roslovic transitioned to the OHL fine, he'd likely be London's 1C. If nothing else, if the Jets wanted him developed as a C, I can't imagine Pu + Kuokkanen forcing Roslovic out of C position depth-wise.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Dvorak is gone for sure, so the 1C position is open.

Cliff Pu (Buffalo's '16 3rd round pick) was 2C last season. He'll be back.

Janne Kuokkanen (Carolina's '16 2nd round pick) should be in London this season (he was their import pick). He was good in pre-season. He plays both C and wing.

If Roslovic were in London his season he'd be playing as a 19 year old (the other two are 18 year olds). I think that, assuming Roslovic transitioned to the OHL fine, he'd likely be London's 1C. If nothing else, if the Jets wanted him developed as a C, I can't imagine Pu + Kuokkanen forcing Roslovic out of C position depth-wise.

What happens if both Marner and Tkachuk are back?

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
What happens if both Marner and Tkachuk are back?

Tkachuk plays LW. If Marner were back I assume he'd go back to RW. I suppose they could put him at centre - but I'd think that, at worst, that would leave Roslovic as 2C.

If Marner ends up in London, though - it probably wouldn't be until after WJC.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
It's so hard to say.

I think there's a chance Roslovic makes the AHL team, similar to Milano. He looks to have the skills and hockey sense. They might want him to be a bit stronger before turning pro, though.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I think there's a chance Roslovic makes the AHL team, similar to Milano. He looks to have the skills and hockey sense. They might want him to be a bit stronger before turning pro, though.

I guess it would also depend on whether they think there is any chance of him getting called up during the regular season. If he goes to London he's there for good, including to the end of whatever playoff run they go on.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
It's so hard to say.

Only because of how many players the Jets have competing for very few spots. It’s still really early but with what he showed in the rookie tournament and in summer development camp he’s have a shot at getting an NHL look to start the season if this were any other year.

My main consideration is keeping him playing C, he seems to have been typecast as a W in the minds of some coaches after he was moved there to get Matthews and Tkachuk going in the US development program. Overall he looks better at C IMO and needs to be developed as a C. If London is going to play him there then fine, if not he’s looks AHL capable thus far.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Only because of how many players the Jets have competing for very few spots. It’s still really early but with what he showed in the rookie tournament and in summer development camp he’s have a shot at getting an NHL look to start the season if this were any other year.

My main consideration is keeping him playing C, he seems to have been typecast as a W in the minds of some coaches after he was moved there to get Matthews and Tkachuk going in the US development program. Overall he looks better at C IMO and needs to be developed as a C. If London is going to play him there then fine, if not he’s looks AHL capable thus far.

Assuming he transitioned to the OHL well I don't foresee any barriers to him playing C in London. London is in 'win now' mode, so if he were being obviously outplayed, I don't think the Knights would just put him at, say, 1C to appease the Jets. Having said that, *on paper* he would be the team's best centre.

More to the point, it seems like the most knowledgeable of the Knights faithful don't anticipate him being assigned to the team. What are Jets fans thinking...is he looking AHL-ready (leaving aside NHL-ready).

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Assuming he transitioned to the OHL well I don't foresee any barriers to him playing C in London. London is in 'win now' mode, so if he were being obviously outplayed, I don't think the Knights would just put him at, say, 1C to appease the Jets. Having said that, *on paper* he would be the team's best centre.

More to the point, it seems like the most knowledgeable of the Knights faithful don't anticipate him being assigned to the team. What are Jets fans thinking...is he looking AHL-ready (leaving aside NHL-ready).

Odds are he makes moose. People really like his game. No problem playing with men

Whileee

May 29, 2010
He's been at C exclusively in camp, and has been very strong. Played last scrimmage between the two big Finns. He already looks to have a pro game and plays at a pro pace. I think he's in the AHL thus season and will be in the NHL before long.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Assigned to the Moose today. I guess he could still be sent to the OHL based on their training camp.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I know the Jets still have a surplus of forwards in camp. What's the situation there? Can Roslovic end up getting cut from the AHL team when more players get cut from the NHL team or is it more a question of whether his own play is AHL-level (rather than OHL-level)?

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I know the Jets still have a surplus of forwards in camp. What's the situation there? Can Roslovic end up getting cut from the AHL team when more players get cut from the NHL team or is it more a question of whether his own play is AHL-level (rather than OHL-level)?

I have a feeling he will be an AHLer this year. He got a few chances early in TC to prove himself but a few other guys stepped up in a bigger way and his opportunities were fewer and far between. The better or even skilled center depth of the Moose is Copp, De Leo, Petan and likely at least one of those guys makes the Jets. And Petan may or may not be a winger on the Moose so he probably has a top 6 spot there with opportunities to get NHL games in being just down the hall from the Jets. I think the Jets will have him play a few games with the Moose to see where he stands yet.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Roslovic with a very nice AHL debut - 1g 1a in a 3-1 win (named game's second star).

He looks like another beauty.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
With Little out. I wonder if this kid will get the chance to join the big club at some stage. Some very talented and exciting players the Jets are assembling.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I doubt he gets called up before Little is healthy. The injury could allow someone else to get a callup, giving Roslo more playing time with the Moose. The Moose currently have a boatload of talented NHL prospects fighting for time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad