C/RW Jack Roslovic (2015, 25th, WPG)

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Roslovic leading the Jets AHL affiliate in scoring with 6 points in 5 games. He's been dynamite since development camp. Seems very unlikely that he'll play in London his year. He'll probably take a break for World Juniors but spend the rest of the season in the AHL.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Roslovic leading the Jets AHL affiliate in scoring with 6 points in 5 games. He's been dynamite since development camp. Seems very unlikely that he'll play in London his year. He'll probably take a break for World Juniors but spend the rest of the season in the AHL.
I doubt he's in London at all this year. He wasn't that noticeable today though and he seemed to be playing on Petan's wing. His first point was just a great play by Petan, the secondary assist was way back in play. The second assist, he was trying to get the pick off a pass but couldn't control it, but it luckily fell to Churchill who fired it through a screen. I'll try to keep a closer eye on him tomorrow. Either way he has great production to start the year.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008

Yup , seems alot of the players who played in a top 6 or top 4 role with the NTDP can usually handle the transition to pro. Of course they are able to make the jump directly after being drafted unlike the CHL drafted players. Of course, I'm sure many top CHL players could handle the transition as well if they were eligible.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I doubt he's in London at all this year. He wasn't that noticeable today though and he seemed to be playing on Petan's wing. His first point was just a great play by Petan, the secondary assist was way back in play. The second assist, he was trying to get the pick off a pass but couldn't control it, but it luckily fell to Churchill who fired it through a screen. I'll try to keep a closer eye on him tomorrow. Either way he has great production to start the year.

He has been a standout all summer and fall. Producing in the AHL at 19 is a very good sign. In previous Moose games he has been very noticeable. He can already play effectively at the AHL pace, and has played a lot at C. He's on a very nice trajectory in his development.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Leading the Moose in scoring as a rookie. Maybe it was best to pass on destroying the OHL? lol

He was great in college the OHL would have been a step down in compitition. Still hate as a jackets fan you guys drafted him before us our guys came out and said they tried to get up there for him but the deals just weren't happening. Hope to see him with Laine one day.

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
He was great in college the OHL would have been a step down in compitition. Still hate as a jackets fan you guys drafted him before us our guys came out and said they tried to get up there for him but the deals just weren't happening. Hope to see him with Laine one day.

Habs fan here, wish we drafted him too.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I thought Roslovic had a very good game against Russia today. Still leading the Manitoba Moose in scoring as well.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Really excited for this kid. My Jets radar is focused on the 18/19 season for contention. I think Roslovic may have top 6 upside as a C. His speed is what has surprised me, every time I see him he just gets faster and faster. Was the zone entry man for USA tonight. With some more seasoning he could be a real gamer.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Will be interesting to see if he gets called up this year. It may prove fruitful having play at Center this year. For some reason I see he and Copp forming a strong 3rd line

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I think he has strong potential to be a 1C.

Reminds me of Auston Matthews.

Not sure on that....there is always a possibility I guess because that was an insane draft class but not many guys drafted at #25 make it to #1C level in the NHL. I do like that he can fit in on a line with players above him like Tkachuk and Matthews though. That is not an easy skill.

He is currently exceeding my expectations which is nice.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I think he has strong potential to be a 1C.

Reminds me of Auston Matthews.

Sorry, I don't think he does on both points. Those are quite ambitous goals. If he can turn into a #2C behind Scheifele. I think the Jets will happily take that. The league is going more to top 9 bottom 3. And if so. Roslovic maybe be a very valuable piece soon if he is playing behind Little and Scheifele.

Jetsfan87

Aug 24, 2015
Ontario
I see his upside as a solid 2C, topping out around 50 - 60 pts or so, maybe having a year or 2 where he is higher. Will form a nice 1-2 with Schefeile in a few years

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Any updates on him? Was having a solid first year in the AHL. Manitoba is a low scoring team to begin with, stats may be deceiving. I am hoping to see him in the NHL on the Jets starting as their 3rd line Center next season behind Scheifele and Little.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Any updates on him? Was having a solid first year in the AHL. Manitoba is a low scoring team to begin with, stats may be deceiving. I am hoping to see him in the NHL on the Jets starting as their 3rd line Center next season behind Scheifele and Little.

We're all hoping he gets that shot. It seems to be a similar situation he had in the NCAA. Best player on a bad team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad