C/RW Jack Roslovic (2015, 25th, WPG)

Guig

Jun 17, 2003
Qc
Bump.

He seems to have good stats. For anyone that saw him play, is he playing more as a center or a winger? Also, where is he projected to go? Late first? early 2nd?

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
I've seen him, admittedly more when he was a little younger (he has been very good for a while) but I saw him at the start of the year live with the NTDP, he is pretty damn good hahah. Very smart with the puck, very workable size, skates fine with good mechanics, good hands. Like I said his vision, timing and other dynamic elements are what he is going to bring to the table. Whoever drafts him, fans will want to catch him at Miami cause he should be a ton of fun to watch there as he develops - they have a lot of great puck possessors and passers. As far as late first, early 2nd, it's tough to say when you don't scout all the regions nationally. I can say if I'm sitting in the second round at pick 45, I think I'd have a tough time leaving him on the board..

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I like this kid a lot. One of the sleepers in the draft. Would probably take him at #33, depending on what else is available.

dsg89

Mar 24, 2009
Bump.

He seems to have good stats. For anyone that saw him play, is he playing more as a center or a winger? Also, where is he projected to go? Late first? early 2nd?

He is very impressive on the top line of USA u18 in the worlds. Have seen him play couple of times now and have to say he is among the big surprises so far of the tournament. Love his work ethic and energy. A guy that catches your eye. Would say early 2nd or maybe even late 1st...

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
He is very impressive on the top line of USA u18 in the worlds. Have seen him play couple of times now and have to say he is among the big surprises so far of the tournament. Love his work ethic and energy. A guy that catches your eye. Would say early 2nd or maybe even late 1st...

I'm not surprised he's dominating. Been a big fan of his since November. Late 1st rounder in my books for a couple months now.

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
Excellent speed and power in his stride with some above-average playmaking ability, I'd say he's pass first. Can really close off time and space with his skating ability and really get going when he has the puck on his stick, really wide low base and gets a lot out of every stride almost like Taylor Hall does. Very good burst and a first couple steps that really lets him accelerate and pull away with an easy looking stride, very efficient.

One thing I question is his grittiness and willingness to dig and work and battle sometimes, I don't think he's naturally aggressive. While he has a good amount of skill and some excellent skating, I think sometimes he wants to play the skill game a little too much, he has above-average skills and can find little passes that a lot of other players can't but I wouldn't say his puck skill is amazing for the NHL level. He's going to have to find some versatility in his game and round out his game a bit in my opinion, he will be a good scorer in college and I'm sure he'll look very dangerous with his skating and skillset. Lots of very good tools here, would like to find out what he's like as a kid and what kind of game he's willing to play in the NHL - he has the potential to be quite dangerous.

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
Great player, sure-fire 1st rounder in my viewings. I think there are enough teams who agree that he will go in the 1st. Most impressive draft-eligible forward at the U18s for USA.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I hope he goes to Columbus with one of their early second rounders.

Hearing him talk about it, he's definitely one of those prospects who you can tell would absolute love going to the Blue Jackets. Unabashed Blue Jackets fan.

Whether or not he makes it to their 2nd rounders, i'm not so sure. If the interest is mutual, have to wonder if he's a guy they might try to move up a bit for. They've got plenty of picks/ammunition to get it done...would certainly make for a nice story, if nothing else.

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
Hearing him talk about it, he's definitely one of those prospects who you can tell would absolute love going to the Blue Jackets. Unabashed Blue Jackets fan.

Whether or not he makes it to their 2nd rounders, i'm not so sure. If the interest is mutual, have to wonder if he's a guy they might try to move up a bit for. They've got plenty of picks/ammunition to get it done...would certainly make for a nice story, if nothing else.

And do they really need to worry about prospect depth?

If they walked away from the draft with Provorov/Werenski and Roslovic, fans in Columbus should be pretty darn happy even if it cost them an extra pick.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
And do they really need to worry about prospect depth?

If they walked away from the draft with Provorov/Werenski and Roslovic, fans in Columbus should be pretty darn happy even if it cost them an extra pick.
And even if it cost another 2nd to move up to get him, we would STILL have another 2nd rd pick and 2 thirds. Definitely worth it. I think Jarmo is gonna push hard to either move up to get Hanafin, or move back into the first round to snag someone (hopefully Roslovic)

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Habs would probably be interested in a trade down if Roslovic is there for CJB at 26..

jetkarma*

And even if it cost another 2nd to move up to get him, we would STILL have another 2nd rd pick and 2 thirds. Definitely worth it. I think Jarmo is gonna push hard to either move up to get Hanafin, or move back into the first round to snag someone (hopefully Roslovic)

A lot of conjecture on a Winnipeg CBJ possible trade , the Jets pick at 25 could be a piece the Jackets may covet .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad