C/RW Jack Roslovic (2015, 25th, WPG)

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Any updates on him? Was having a solid first year in the AHL. Manitoba is a low scoring team to begin with, stats may be deceiving. I am hoping to see him in the NHL on the Jets starting as their 3rd line Center next season behind Scheifele and Little.

Assuming we don't lose him in expansion, Lowry will be out #3C again next year. I can see Roslovic back with the Moose, but getting called up to fill in if a top 6 guy gets hurt.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I think he has strong potential to be a 1C.

Reminds me of Auston Matthews.

WOW! :shakehead Weren't you the one saying in Kyle Connor thread that he would have been a 50 point player if he had stuck with the Jets? Maybe wanna curb your enthusiasm about prospects a little bit if you wanna avoid disappointment

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
WOW! :shakehead Weren't you the one saying in Kyle Connor thread that he would have been a 50 point player if he had stuck with the Jets? Maybe wanna curb your enthusiasm about prospects a little bit if you wanna avoid disappointment

No, I said next season if Kyle Connor does start in the NHL I see him getting 50 points. But the season after will I see him getting 70-90.

I'm not saying he'll be Auston Matthews, but he has such a similar style to him if anything. But he is developing beautifully. But I see him on the Jets being 2C behind Scheifele.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Jets are going to have a ton of speed and skill in their top 9.

Scheifele
Laine
Ehlers
Wheeler
Little
Connor
Roslovic
Perreault

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
After 45 points in 61 games (~.74PPG) in his is 19 year old season in the AHL, he has been called up. Assuming he debuts against his hometown team in a few days.

Apparently Roslovic's parents also have CBJ season tickets behind the visitors bench :laugh:

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
Hopefully he impresses, and then Winnipeg exposes Lowry over Perreault.

A Connor-Roslovic-Matthias/Petan line doesn't sound bad at all

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Hasn't been nearly as good as Connor in the Moose games I have seen, but he has been good enough earning a call up. I think he would be a good improvement for the Jets as their starting #3C next year but he may need more seasoning in the AHL next year. Interesting to see how close he is to making the NHL with this call up.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Not much notice of this kid, but remarkable numbers for a 20 year old, 17 points in 15 AHL games. Anyone who watches AHL have any comments? Seems he's destined for a call up soon.

Reactions: Ippenator

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Not much notice of this kid, but remarkable numbers for a 20 year old, 17 points in 15 AHL games. Anyone who watches AHL have any comments? Seems he's destined for a call up soon.

I like him too. No mention of him yet, but I see him being called up at some point this year. Too good. He's also a good 3 zone Center player. Jets are 9-4-4 without getting much from Little this year. They could use a boost down the middle.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
I like him too. No mention of him yet, but I see him being called up at some point this year. Too good. He's also a good 3 zone Center player. Jets are 9-4-4 without getting much from Little this year. They could use a boost down the middle.

That's my thought as well. May be premature, but Little's play has been underwhelming. Maybe give Roslovic a chance between Ehlers and Laine. Then when Perreault returns you have Little - Perreault - Armia which could be a reasonably strong offensive third line.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
That's my thought as well. May be premature, but Little's play has been underwhelming. Maybe give Roslovic a chance between Ehlers and Laine. Then when Perreault returns you have Little - Perreault - Armia which could be a reasonably strong offensive third line.

My thoughts exactly. Little has been very underwhelming this year. Roslovic, Laine and Ehlers could be an effective line. Little with Perrault and player x could be an effective #3 line. I said this in the Jets thread. They only look okay thus far, but are 9-4-4 still. They still could be better.

One of his goals from a recent 2 goal game.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

I've also thought about the Jets getting Roslovic up to try out the 3C role, but recently they have had him play on the RW on the Moose.

Just on pure speculation, a reasonable deduction is that with Perreault healthy, and with Maurice's love of Lowry as the 3C, the quickest path to the NHL this season for Roslovic might be as a 3RW.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I've also thought about the Jets getting Roslovic up to try out the 3C role, but recently they have had him play on the RW on the Moose.

Just on pure speculation, a reasonable deduction is that with Perreault healthy, and with Maurice's love of Lowry as the 3C, the quickest path to the NHL this season for Roslovic might be as a 3RW.

It doesn't hurt that he can play both. I hope Little picks it up a little. This is the sore spot of the Jets team IMO. Behind Scheifele, there is little production down the middle. I think Roslocvic would be the #2C if they gave him a chance. It took an injury for Mgt to do the right thing and put Connor to outstanding success thus far on the #1 line. Had Perrault not been injured he too would be scoring with the Moose right now. Kind of scary how inept Mgt sees it.

Reactions: Ippenator and aqsw

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
It doesn't hurt that he can play both. I hope Little picks it up a little. This is the sore spot of the Jets team IMO. Behind Scheifele, there is little production down the middle. I think Roslocvic would be the #2C if they gave him a chance. It took an injury for Mgt to do the right thing and put Connor to outstanding success thus far on the #1 line. Had Perrault not been injured he too would be scoring with the Moose right now. Kind of scary how inept Mgt sees it.

Can't disagree here.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Jets are pretty loaded at forward.

Connor - Scheifele - Wheeler
Laine - Roslovic - Ehlers
Perreault - Little - Armia
Copp - Lowry - Mathias

Is a very deep and talented group. That still leaves Tanev, Hendricks, Dano, Petan and Lemieux, who I thought looked very good in his call up.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Jets are pretty loaded at forward.

Laine - Roslovic - Ehlers
Perreault - Little - Armia
Copp - Lowry - Mathias

Is a very deep and talented group. That still leaves Tanev, Hendricks, Dano, Petan and Lemieux, who I thought looked very good in his call up.

I like the configuration of the top 6. But with today's game being top 9 bottom 3. Would like to strengthen the #2 and #3 lines perhaps like this.

The other option would be this. Allows Roslovic the opportunity to easier match ups away from Laine, and still has Ehlers to perhaps exploit easier match ups. Playing with Laine will mean he is playing against top defence pairings. Want to see him ease into the NHL against easier match ups.

Armia - Roslovic - Ehlers
Perreault - Little - Laine

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
I like the configuration of the top 6. But with today's game being top 9 bottom 3. Would like to strengthen the #2 and #3 lines perhaps like this.

The other option would be this. Allows Roslovic the opportunity to easier match ups away from Laine, and still has Ehlers to perhaps exploit easier match ups. Playing with Laine will mean he is playing against top defence pairings. Want to see him ease in against easier.

Armia - Roslovic - Ehlers
Perreault - Little - Laine

Fair enough, but I think Perreault is better defensively, so I would swap Perreault and Armia just to provide the youngster some better defensive support from the wing.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Fair enough, but I think Perreault is better defensively, so I would swap Perreault and Armia just to provide the youngster some better defensive support from the wing.

Yeah I thought about that. My reasoning was Perrault and Laine play well off each other. Something needs to be done to wake up Little, taking Ehlers off and putting him with Rosolovic hopefully down the line is the key. Regardless, I think we both agree, he belongs in the NHL as Connor did at the beginning of the year. Hopefully it does not take an injury to force Mgt's hand. Can't give them credit for recalling Connor when they did, it was forced by Perrault's injury. They lucked into that one.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Like all the previous comments I think he deserves a shot, we are a Win now team and this guy Offensively would significantly make us better(especially if his Skill and Stats translate to the NHL as advertised from the AHL). I really don't think Lowry is a 3C and Littles performance with our Young Explosive Stars should warrant argument for him being a 3C(Not that he's bad I just think his game doesn't fit young explosively eager players)... Assuming Connor stays at the top with his amazing start and Perrault drops to the 3rd Line, here it is,

Connor Scheifele Wheeler - 2nd Best Line in the League.

Ehlers Roslovic Laine - Potentially one of the Top 10-5 Best Lines in the League if Skill and Chemistry match up.

Perrault(/Copp) Little Tanev - Personally I think this would be the best 3rd Line in the League.

Mathias Lowry Armia - Great 4th Line.

Or stick with this:

Connor Scheifele Wheeler - ^

Ehlers Little Laine - Under-utilize players due to bad chemistry.

Copp Lowry Tanev - Bad and ugly 3rd Line.

Mathias Hendricks Armia - Ugly 4th Line, nothing great or special.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Like all the previous comments I think he deserves a shot, we are a Win now team and this guy Offensively would significantly make us better(especially if his Skill and Stats translate to the NHL as advertised from the AHL). I really don't think Lowry is a 3C and Littles performance with our Young Explosive Stars should warrant argument for him being a 3C(Not that he's bad I just think his game doesn't fit young explosively eager players)... Assuming Connor stays at the top with his amazing start and Perrault drops to the 3rd Line, here it is,

Ehlers Roslovic Laine - Potentially one of the Top 10-5 Best Lines in the League if Skill and Chemistry match up.

Perrault(/Copp) Little Tanev - Personally I think this would be the best 3rd Line in the League.

While he's a hard working quick player, Tanev is an offensive black hole. He'll kill that third line.

Reactions: LainePeg

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada

Or stick with this:

Connor Scheifele Wheeler - ^

Ehlers Little Laine - Under-utilize players due to bad chemistry.

Copp Lowry Tanev - Bad and ugly 3rd Line.

Mathias Hendricks Armia - Ugly 4th Line, nothing great or special.

Dear god, Tanev should be nowhere near the third line, nevermind, be a part of "the best third line in hockey".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad