C/RW Jack Roslovic (2015, 25th, WPG)

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Do OHL rights get traded often with NCAA guys? Seems like unless London has a very strong inkling Jack will leave school and suit up for the Knights this trade would not have happened. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
As a Miami student, I saw him play live 20+ times this past season. Outside of the first couple of games, I was never too impressed with him. His skill was always apparent, but his effort level was not. Towards the end of the season, he was absolutely dogging it at times, and was benched for a handful of periods.

Contrasting what others have said, the team got better as the season went on; they still weren't good, but their second half was immensely better than the first. Roslovic's level of play declined as the team's improved. Could have been lack of interest or something of that nature, but the effort level was definitely not there. Especially towards the end of the season, he wasn't even the best freshman on the team. Both Josh Melnick and Kiefer Sherwood routinely made a larger impact.

Anyways, I want the kid to succeed since he goes to my school and is from my hometown, but he seriously needs to pick up his effort level, no matter where it is he plays.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Do OHL rights get traded often with NCAA guys? Seems like unless London has a very strong inkling Jack will leave school and suit up for the Knights this trade would not have happened. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
I believe the Knights also acquired Werenski's rights at some point this past season- but nothing came of that. They also acquired Milano's rights when he was playing in the AHL, strangely enough.

I hope Roslovic stays at Miami, but
see why he might not want to. I never expected him to stay the full 4 years anyways.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I believe the Knights also acquired Werenski's rights at some point this past season- but nothing came of that. They also acquired Milano's rights when he was playing in the AHL, strangely enough.

I hope Roslovic stays at Miami, but
see why he might not want to. I never expected him to stay the full 4 years anyways.

Werenski was drafted by the Knights.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON

OHL rights get traded to the Team's that are more desirable to come to. See London, Kitchener, Windsor etc. I doubt Flint ever seriously had a chance of him coming to the OHL so if he showed interest in coming, they were going to get assets for him.

People wont be happy about it (because it's the Knights), but I'm ecstatic. Great organization for him to grow in, and he'll definitely play top line seeing how both Dvo and Marner wont be coming back. Don't know too much about Roslovic though, is he a C or RW? (All i know is he was part of the superman line with Matthews and Tkachuk haha)

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto

It's not uncommon. The Knights acquiring McCarron's rights from Belleville is the most recent London deal I can recall.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Does Sonny Milano count?

I'd say no. He'd been drafted by the Plymouth Whalers and de-commited from BC to play there....he played in the OHL for them in his 18 year old season. The next season (this past one), he was in the AHL. That's when the Knights acquired his rights.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Garret never claims something without absolute solid proof, so if he's saying Roslovic is going to be a Knight I believe him.

I don't care either way, whatever is best for his development. Knights churn out players like a factory, so it should be good for him.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Don't know too much about Roslovic though, is he a C or RW? (All i know is he was part of the superman line with Matthews and Tkachuk haha)

He can play either but I'm betting he plays C for the Knights. Creative and speedy and set up Matthews and Tkachuk quite a bit on the U18 team.

^Miami highlights

^U18 highlights the previous year with Tkachuk and Matthews.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Wouldn't be surprised, him, Tkachuk, and Matthews are best friends. They call themselves the superman line when they play together :lol:

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
Played a heck of a game today during the development camp scrimmage. Lost in the depth of the Jets forward prospects somewhat but damn he's good.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Played a heck of a game today during the development camp scrimmage. Lost in the depth of the Jets forward prospects somewhat but damn he's good.

4 points. He was the most impressive player out there. HFJets is slobbering over him right now. :naughty:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Watched the Jets Development Camp Intra-squad game today - Roslovic was a beast. His speed, skill and hockey sense was off the charts. He looks like he'll be rocketing up the Jets' prospect list. They had him at C in the game, and he dominated every zone.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Sounds like a sleeper in the Jets deep roster of talented young fwds. I always liked his skill and talent. Glad to hear he made some noise this camp.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Reminds me a little bit of a high-end Bryan Little with way better awareness, passing and very flexible at every aspect. Future 61-70 point per season second/third line centre.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Reminds me a little bit of a high-end Bryan Little with way better awareness, passing and very flexible at every aspect. Future 61-70 point per season second/third line centre.

Not a bad comparison. I would say he reminds me a little like your alias. ;)

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015

Please point out another of these 60 pt third line centres please. Would love one on Flames. :popcorn:

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015

60-70 point 2nd/3rd line tweener? Those don't exist. 60-70 points in todays NHL is 1st line production..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad