C/RW Jack Roslovic (2015, 25th, WPG)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Like all the previous comments I think he deserves a shot, we are a Win now team and this guy Offensively would significantly make us better(especially if his Skill and Stats translate to the NHL as advertised from the AHL). I really don't think Lowry is a 3C and Littles performance with our Young Explosive Stars should warrant argument for him being a 3C(Not that he's bad I just think his game doesn't fit young explosively eager players)... Assuming Connor stays at the top with his amazing start and Perrault drops to the 3rd Line, here it is,

Connor Scheifele Wheeler - 2nd Best Line in the League.

Ehlers Roslovic Laine - Potentially one of the Top 10-5 Best Lines in the League if Skill and Chemistry match up.

Perrault(/Copp) Little Tanev - Personally I think this would be the best 3rd Line in the League.

Mathias Lowry Armia - Great 4th Line.

Or stick with this:

Connor Scheifele Wheeler - ^

Ehlers Little Laine - Under-utilize players due to bad chemistry.

Copp Lowry Tanev - Bad and ugly 3rd Line.

Mathias Hendricks Armia - Ugly 4th Line, nothing great or special.

Absolutely, The Jets could use another look at Center. I know they are 9-4-4, which is a surprise since they have gotten so little out of Little, pardon the play on words. It doesn't mean they should be happy with the process about how they have achieved it.

It took an injury to have Connor called up. Imagine where they would be without him? I hope it doesn't take an injury to call up Rosolovic. He's earned a call up.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Absolutely, The Jets could use another look at Center. I know they are 9-4-4, which is a surprise since they have gotten so little out of Little, pardon the play on words. It doesn't mean they should be happy with the process about how they have achieved it.

It took an injury to have Connor called up. Imagine where they would be without him? I hope it doesn't take an injury to call up Rosolovic. He's earned a call up.

Could you imagine the one year Little doesn't get injured.... I hope somewhere in the season he rests and Maurice give Roslovic an opportunity... I also really, really, really hope Roslovic doesn't translate to a Winger... We have enough!

We have Perrault, Connor, Ehlers, Wheeler, Laine, and Vesalainen in our pool as well. Unless Vesalainen is willing and able(if he's good enough at all and has Roslovic/Connor Value Potential) to play Center I'm not fine with this and we allready have enough people complaining about Armia's(and Petan) minutes... If this is the case we might as well trade the guy for a 2018 Pick early on because we need a future Center and Defenders and he's not knocking anyone of current RW of mention in the Top 6..

I would love absolutely nothing more than to see him in between a couple of Elite Wingers and on the second line, but I'm one blue chip Winger prospect away from slappin a scout.... I know having Elite Wingers fall in your lap sounds luxurious but it's starting to be a pain in the arce...

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013

You are absolutely correct. Roslovic could be exactly what the team needs right now (you just cannot know until you try), but I fear that PMo is too stubborn to take in any freshmen unless one of his vets pets go down and of course you don't wish injuries to anyone. I would love to see him between Ehlers and Laine though and rather sooner than later since neither of them share any chemistry with Little and vice versa.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Maurice has stated plenty of times "top 6 bottom 6" "bottom 6 needs to be pkers" and other sort of stuff. Barring injuries I doubt he gets a call up unless we go on a huge losing streak.

Connor would be in the AHL still if Perreault didn't get injured.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Maurice has stated plenty of times "top 6 bottom 6" "bottom 6 needs to be pkers" and other sort of stuff. Barring injuries I doubt he gets a call up unless we go on a huge losing streak.

Connor would be in the AHL still if Perreault didn't get injured.

I can't believe Maurice is still using top 6 bottom 6 terminology. More like top 9 and bottom 3(who are Pk inclined)

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Roslovic with 4 points and counting tonight. Up to 21 points (10g 11a) in his 17th game... Impressive for a 20 year old in the AHL.

He looked outstanding at camp. If the Jets cool off or have an injury, I think we'll see him in the NHL this season. He's going to be a really good one, adding to the Jets very good talent and depth at forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: ps241

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Pens fan who came away extremely impressed with Roslovic last night. I think that when he gets his shot he'll run with it, but if that takes until there's an injury on the Jets so be it. Nothing wrong with developing confidence in the A for a little while longer.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
He having an excellent season in the AHL. Elite actually. If he is promoted to the NHL due to injury he will not be a 2nd or 3rd line centre. He has been playing wing this year, and the Jets will not move him to centre - an entirely different position at at higher level - just because some fans want him there. That would only make sense if they were currently playing him at centre at a lower level of hockey which they clearly are not. Maybe that will change in the future but not this year.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
He having an excellent season in the AHL. Elite actually. If he is promoted to the NHL due to injury he will not be a 2nd or 3rd line centre. He has been playing wing this year, and the Jets will not move him to centre - an entirely different position at at higher level - just because some fans want him there. That would only make sense if they were currently playing him at centre at a lower level of hockey which they clearly are not. Maybe that will change in the future but not this year.

He is playing wing because as per the AHL team coach they want to develop him at both position. He played C until the last 5-6 games. They probably made the decision to play him at wing in the AHL as there are more opportunities for him to play in the NHL if he can also play wing. He will be the next callup in case of a C injury (unless perhaps if it's the 4th line C Hendricks getting injured), he will also likely be the next callup if there is an injury on the wing, it'll be between him and Lemieux and will depend on whether the winger that got injured was a skilled player or a gritty player.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If Roslovic gets the call up.

Assuming Scheifele is locked in with Wheeler and Connor.

The options here are endless.

He can play with Little and Laine

Or he can play with Perrault and Ehlers.

Or Perrault and Laine

Or Little and Ehlers.

Regardless, of what is decided. It just makes the Jets top 9 that much deeper and better.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Lines currently :

Connor Scheifele Wheeler
Ehlers Little Laine
Copp Lowry Tanev
Perreault Hendricks Armia

There's no space. Tanev is playing well enough defensively he deserves to be in the lineup and he's on the PK. Hendricks is going nowhere, Mo loves him and Perreault can carry him offensively. Armia has been playing great lately and can pk. Lowry's only leaving the third line due to injury.

Most importantly despite shaky shot metrics we're 12-4-3 and we've won our last 4. Maurice won't change a lineup while it's winning.

He might get a shot eventually due to injuries but I wouldn't hold my breath. Probably next year for a regular role. Dano and Matthias would likely be inserted if there's injuries with Armia and Perreault bumped up.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Only 2 assists last night in a 8-1 blow out.

Did score a nice shorthanded goal the previous game.

Now up to 24pts in 22 games as he awaits his inevitable NHL call up.

Teamoo

Jan 20, 2016
Roslovic is currently tied for the scoring lead in the AHL (2nd in goals!)

Carl Carlson

Jan 7, 2009
Hopefully he gets a good chance during the call up. I've been waiting to see what he can do in the NHL.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Looked pretty good yesterday. Lot's of speed, and made something happen offensively once or twice. Showed some great hustle on a backcheck as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->