Confirmed with Link: Bowman and Q will return next season

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Actually Stanley's ideal defender doesn't seem to know how to actually play defense

Rundblad
Clendening
Leddy
Gus
Murphy
Kempny
Rutta

All struggle with you know the most important aspect of position. Leddy and Murphy best of bunch as both can play passable D at times which of course is never consistent

Much like every aspect of Hawks a core on D built by previous GM's carried team thru success and in Stanley's decade of leadership he has not found or developed a defender worthy of longterm commitment from franchise

Reactions: dk2k

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
While it is true Q must play the talent or lack of that Stan gives him, I see nothing in his "systems" that helps them gel into any form of Competence in all aspects...defending. ..attack g...neutral zone...or special teams...I do not see lines clicking consistently either to attack or defend...I see poor 3xecution ...if there is a system it seems they cannot execute it. .but the eye test shows lack of any effective system that helps them support each other to defend or attack..so we get mostly 1 - off individual moments where someone breaks through to score and only occisional 1-off great efforts to prevent a goal...there is no together ...and it seems core guys never messed with the support cast ..like a 2 caste system
..Q gave special treatment to his "old reliables" and they let him down big time. .the Core went Rotten and did not "lead" the kids as solid vets ought to ...Q ran a Couple try Club hoping the old flip the switch Co tinurd to magically bail him out ..but it failed to materialize . Too many poor efforts and too many just cash the paychecks. ..Finally even the skills of his vaunted Core started to melt away ..Leaning a mess ..I doubt Q can fix anything from this message and we are albatross ed by the fay lengthy NMC Core contracts..they just ain't gonna magically get better. THE kids might ..but not with Q and his methods.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I figure eventually BK will change his ways

But as you say no constructive conversation to be had at this point. But I wont stop talking to BK because eventually he may acknowledge the failings of his GM

I am not going to randomly forget knowing the sport so you can keep dreaming. You would figure for someone who love the sport like you do you would make an attempt to learn about it?

You keep making the "BK says Bowman does nothing wrong claim" but the test are back and it is comfirmed, that is a lie. That is the beauty of post history.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
When Crawford went down, didn't they have a top 5 PK? he makes a huge difference on the PK. Our backups have been complete garbage this year and are a main reason for the massive fall on the PK.

And the core can absolutely be better next year.

When Crawford went down, the Hawks were out of the playoffs.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I mean, back to back first round exits and a last place finish are pretty bad. They are already on the way down the hill. Another non-playoff season and you are going to have STH's dropping their tickets in droves. That wait list will dry up pretty quick as well.

Yup within 3 years, you'll get all the tickets you want. The gifted corporate tickets will no longer be a plum prize. There are only so many hardcore fans in town and I know I'm not spending $75 plus parking to watch them flounder.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
This D-core is able to win a cup:

Dumoulin-Hainsey
Maatta-Daley
Cole-Schultz

This D-core is able to be a top 5 team in the league:

McNabb-Schmidt
Merrill-Miller
Theodore-Engelland

While Stan has to provide better options on defense, I feel theres a lot of blame on the coaching level too.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
If McDodo is making the hockey decisions we are ****ed. Thoroughly ****ed.

Agreed. Right now it’s all about accelerationist theory. The whole thing will collapse in on itself under its own weight, beautiful in a way.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Whatever happened to the best defense is a good offense? A big reason why the Hawks D was so good for their run was the team's ability to possess the puck. When teams get 20 shots on you per game, and have the puck 1/3 of the time, it makes defense that much easier. Just saying.

The team D and possession game needs to improve. Makes life a lot easier on the actual defensemen. Better systems and better coaching could do that.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
If McDodo is making the hockey decisions we are ****ed. Thoroughly ****ed.
What about previous majorly successful hockey decisions he made?

Who is it people with these full distrust positions think got Savard fired for Q? Tallon didn't even hide up front to admit it was an organizational choice cause he was not making that move. Or who meedled to choose and fire Tallon in the following case.

I don't like this decision but I also don't like the near absolutism in these lines of thought.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
What about previous majorly successful hockey decisions he made?

Who is it people with these full distrust positions think got Savard fired for Q? Tallon didn't even hide up front to admit it was an organizational choice cause he was not making that move. Or who meedled to choose and fire Tallon in the following case.

I don't like this decision but I also don't like the near absolutism in these lines of thought.

You can be the person that lives in the past and can pine for then2008 decision of hiring Q. I will be the results oriented person and say 3 poor, or no, post seasons is more indicative of his performance.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
You can be the person that lives in the past and can pine for then2008 decision of hiring Q. I will be the results oriented person and say 3 poor, or no, post seasons is more indicative of his performance.

I clearly have said I don't agree with it. Think Q should be fired.

But its the doom and gloom of a team president not of a hockey past making choices is silly. That deserves pointing out how it defies the results were he made majorly successful choices.

Even though I dont think this one is

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Hawks need to be loaded on forwards if they want to compliment the Pens blueprint.

They need to get rid of Dineen. Ulf was fine when the Hawks PK was good before they decided to not give a shit anymore plus the goalies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
LOL the Bowman fanboys reaching now

Sure the Hawks could possibly win with this D if they had Malkin , Crosby and Kessel + a duo of Murphy/Fleury (Two #1 goalies

Here is reality. Hawks have one player of the talent of Pens big 3 and for most of this year we had scrubs in net with Crawford hurt which meant that Stanley's god awful D was exposed

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
LOL the Bowman fanboys reaching now

Sure the Hawks could possibly win with this D if they had Malkin , Crosby and Kessel + a duo of Murphy/Fleury (Two #1 goalies

Here is reality. Hawks have one player of the talent of Pens big 3 and for most of this year we had scrubs in net with Crawford hurt which meant that Stanley's god awful D was exposed

Murray. Murphy is a D for the Hawks (#5).

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00