Confirmed with Link: Bowman and Q will return next season

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I’m kind of fine with this really. Even though I wanted change.

Leash has to be short though.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I can live with it - voted this would happen in my thread -they can use the excuse of Crow being hurt, and our best players shitting the bed, which is accurate - but somehow someway they need to look into our systems, our horrible power play numbers, and also look at why some of these guys struggled - eventually it is going to have to come down to coaching if they struggle again....and yes, if this team struggles again next year, both Stan and Q leave - they are a package deal it seems at this point - take it for what it is...they need each other more than ever before to right this ship!

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
If team falters next season, regardless of health, I think they both should go. Starting to wonder how much control McDonough has.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I am surprised that Q is coming back. He needs to evolve and I have my doubts he can but would love for him to do it. He obviously knows the game well enough to learn.

Bowman needs to get this draft right along with the rest of the summer.

I am not happy Q is coming back and this just shows how much McDonough meddles and how he needs to stop.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I can live with it - voted this would happen in my thread -they can use the excuse of Crow being hurt, and our best players ****ting the bed, which is accurate - but somehow someway they need to look into our systems, our horrible power play numbers, and also look at why some of these guys struggled - eventually it is going to have to come down to coaching if they struggle again....and yes, if this team struggles again next year, both Stan and Q leave - they are a package deal it seems at this point - take it for what it is...they need each other more than ever before to right this ship!

Certainly feels that way now after this.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Good another rebuild year and season under Colliton's belt before he rises up.

This. We’re either getting a miracle comeback for Q or another train wreck. Hard to say how this will exactly go in the offseason though. Bottom line, no Crawford, no chance.

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
McDonough is in sales and keeping those 2 clowns around keeps the connection to the 'dynasty'. It's all about ticket sales next year and the hawks are going to need all the help they can get after this horrible season.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I would love to know the context behind this.... What, exactly, did he say? How did the subject come up?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
McDonough is in sales and keeping those 2 clowns around keeps the connection to the 'dynasty'. It's all about ticket sales next year and the hawks are going to need all the help they can get after this horrible season.

GL to them with that. People have the attention span of a goldfish these days. Most fans have probably let go of that era and accept the current situation as the new normal until actually proven otherwise. Can only sell hope for so many years.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Bowman being retained is no surprise. Q was a surprise, but I guess Crow being down long term is the excuse. A lot of young guys further developed, so I suppose the team is banking on some vet bouncebacks, youngsters getting better, and maybe a free agent signing or two righting the ship.

And we clearly have the answer on if the team is thinking rebuild or retool.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I figured this would have happen. I'm not going to freak out, but I would have made a change.

I really would hope that an in season coaching change is in play next season if it goes south again, but I wonder if the org would have the stones to do that.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
McDonough: "Our specialty teams weren’t good. They need to be better. Our core players need to be better. Organizationally we need to be better. I need to be better. Stan needs to be better."
ummmm, does Q need to be better? Or are we just lumping him in with organizationally??

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
McDonough: "Our specialty teams weren’t good. They need to be better. Our core players need to be better. Organizationally we need to be better. I need to be better. Stan needs to be better."
ummmm, does Q need to be better? Or are we just lumping him in with organizationally??

What do you expect? The guy knows jack and shit about hockey. He's a marketing guru. That's it.

Reactions: kanetoews1988

TQE

Mar 4, 2014
No surprise really. Thought they might make Bowman walk the plank as the fall guy. The return on the Hartman trade and his draft record probably bought him another season.

Agree that Q and Bowman are pretty much cemented in this together now. Sink or swim, whether they like it or not.

icekoob

4th Liner
May 16, 2010
VALPO/chicago
I'm probably in the minority but I'm ok with one more season with a short leash. If Crawford stays healthy (this is #1 as far as my fears go) I don't see why they can't make a decent run with the kids taking a next step and at least Saad/Kane/Keith bouncing back which they should for the most part.

Who would have really been a better replacement for Q? I don't buy the whole "fresh face no matter who it is " argument.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad