Confirmed with Link: Bowman and Q will return next season

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Lazerus doing his dirty work again and cleaned up Kane's real tweet:

Patrick Kane: "I think it's a f***ing joke. You're not going to find a more senile coach in the league, he keeps calling me Evander. I have asked him probably 100 times if I could line up with Alex DeBrincat, and he keeps telling me, with who??." https://twitter.com/MarkLazerus/status/981940126896066561 …

Last edited:
Reactions: VickAshley

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
He talked about it last season too... This is just a bunch of face-saving, PR bullshit, from an organization that just had it's worst season in the last 12 years... and looks to change...what?

How about the media asks the coaching staff about what they plan to do to fix the power play, penalty kill, blown coverage, turnovers, and fundamental mistakes that this team makes every game?

What they plan to do about the goaltending? Who they see stepping in to help the defense?

Maybe with a young team trying to develop and excel at the NHL level, it's time to revisit the practice approach? Maybe more mandatory practice? Maybe no more 20-30 minute practices?

What do they plan on doing to make sure the core is better next season?

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiHawks10

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
You mean to tell me I'm going to have to wait another year to see DeBrincat play with Kane? Peanut Butter.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
He talked about it last season too... This is just a bunch of face-saving, PR bull****, from an organization that just had it's worst season in the last 12 years... and looks to change...what?

How about the media asks the coaching staff about what they plan to do to fix the power play, penalty kill, blown coverage, turnovers, and fundamental mistakes that this team makes every game?

What they plan to do about the goaltending? Who they see stepping in to help the defense?

Maybe with a young team trying to develop and excel at the NHL level, it's time to revisit the practice approach? Maybe more mandatory practice? Maybe no more 20-30 minute practices?

as much as I really can't stand all things Toronto since I joined HF, the one thing I can say is that media does not hold back! These questions got asked all the time there and you had to find ways to answer them, and that still wasn't enough to pacify fans. Unlike here, where questions like that are frowned upon.

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
He talked about it last season too... This is just a bunch of face-saving, PR bull****, from an organization that just had it's worst season in the last 12 years... and looks to change...what?

Believe me, no-one is literally as angry as I am right now about all this and I couldn't agree with you more because just reading what you have just written here pisses me off even more-so than I was just before I read it.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I like how the same people who were saying they wouldn’t watch next year if Q came back are now saying “yeah, I figured”. Good call, hockey geniuses!

Who actually said they weren't going to watch next year, for one? I honestly don't know if I've ever seen that posted on this board. And two, who are you referring to? Everyone thought Q was gone earlier in the season. There was no way he was coming back. Then as more and more information came out, from Stan, from players, from the media, people started to realize that Q was likely coming back. Just go look at the Q/Stan poll thread for evidence of that... Look at any thread regarding Q being fired. This post just makes no sense...

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
I don't know what to say but I keep in the front of my mind the organization has "talked the talk" about getting better since being bounced by the Blues first round a few years back....then they "talked the talk" after that joke against the Preds...

And ...now??? Oooooh they be talkin' that talk again!!

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
I knew that "literally pumped" thread was a jinx.

giphy.gif

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Thing is McD that the team has been steadily declining for three years ...
Out in 7 vs St.Louis
Sweep vs Nashville
Miss playoffs all together by a big margin.
That is three strikes .. and yer out! Progressively getting worse each year.
So what makes McD think things will suddenly get better?
Ok I can see taking a pass on the St. Louis series but barely really.
This is the last chance for all three Stan, Q and McDoofus.
Silver lining is that next year is a great draft so another blue chip pick.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Who actually said they weren't going to watch next year, for one? I honestly don't know if I've ever seen that posted on this board. And two, who are you referring to? Everyone thought Q was gone earlier in the season. There was no way he was coming back. Then as more and more information came out, from Stan, from players, from the media, people started to realize that Q was likely coming back. Just go look at the Q/Stan poll thread for evidence of that... Look at any thread regarding Q being fired. This post just makes no sense...

Unless there's a dramatic change in how the Hawks are coached and play... I won't be watching. Might catch the occasional game when I'm not busy, but this team has not been entertaining in a couple years now. I have better things to do with 3 hours a night. I can count the number of games I sat down and watched in full in 2018 on one hand. A period is typically more than enough for me this season.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
This team was very entertaining just last year, until the playoffs, for what it's worth.

To each their own. I do not enjoy the way the Hawks play, and there is almost no intensity or physicality to their game. Even when they were winning the last couple seasons. Average speed, soft forechecking, perimeter offense, stick-waiving, non-physical defense, poor fundamentals, crap power player? Doesn't do much for me.

Last edited:

excaliber

Mar 30, 2018
I'm one of the few who's glad Coach Q is back. Who were you going to replace him with? Face it, the core of this team is old, getting older and is what's killing the team. It's not Q's fault that Keith suddenly plays like he's 50 years old with a -22.
Seabrook has been bad all year. Toews is not worth 10.5 mil and Kane has likely had his best seasons. There's been too many horrible contracts given out the last few years. I'd give Keith and Seabrook to whoever wanted them for a Ham Sandwich.
Coach Q wasn't the one who traded Hjalmarsson for Connor Murphy and Laurent Dauphin. Coach Q certainly didn't trade Panarin for the 35 point Saad. That was one of the worst trades I've ever seen.

This roster stinks top to bottom. Debrincat is going to be a nice player. Kane, Debrincat and Crawford are the only real bright spots on this team. What do you really expect? Bowman needs to lose a few of these big contracts somehow. Next year will likely be more of the same.

I just heard on NHL network that Coach Q now has all bench control. I'm sure that's going to make a bunch of you happy.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Very happy to have Q back
Not at all happy to have Bowman back

Another poor offseason under Bowman and team will be beyond fixing. Already started building blocks of horrid team with Rutta and Gus deals

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I'm one of the few who's glad Coach Q is back. Who were you going to replace him with? Face it, the core of this team is old, getting older and is what's killing the team. It's not Q's fault that Keith suddenly plays like he's 50 years old with a -22.
Seabrook has been bad all year. Toews is not worth 10.5 mil and Kane has likely had his best seasons. There's been too many horrible contracts given out the last few years. I'd give Keith and Seabrook to whoever wanted them for a Ham Sandwich.
Coach Q wasn't the one who traded Hjalmarsson for Connor Murphy and Laurent Dauphin. Coach Q certainly didn't trade Panarin for the 35 point Saad. That was one of the worst trades I've ever seen.

This roster stinks top to bottom. Debrincat is going to be a nice player. Kane, Debrincat and Crawford are the only real bright spots on this team. What do you really expect? Bowman needs to lose a few of these big contracts somehow. Next year will likely be more of the same.

I just heard on NHL network that Coach Q now has all bench control. I'm sure that's going to make a bunch of you happy.

John McDonough thanks you for your support. Don't forget to mail your check!

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
Expected .... I dont like Q coming back but he's got 2 years and $12 million coming .... Im sure Rocky/McDonough said lets give him a chance to correct this thing

Bowman is no idiot ... He will make sure Q goes (fired or moved upstairs) before he loses his job

I still think Q gets until Dec ...if the team is floundering, Bowman will say he has to make a change and will bring in a new coach

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Very happy to have Q back
Not at all happy to have Bowman back

Another poor offseason under Bowman and team will be beyond fixing. Already started building blocks of horrid team with Rutta and Gus deals

Are you just blindly ignoring that John McD is the issue and this statement is blatant proof he is meddling with management? Or is this you ignoring it because it murders your hilariously bad take?

Glad Q is back to run outdated systems and specialty (lol really) units? Nice hot take.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Are you just blindly ignoring that John McD is the issue and this statement is blatant proof he is meddling with management? Or is this you ignoring it because it murders your hilariously bad take?

Glad Q is back to run outdated systems and specialty (lol really) units? Nice hot take.

Mcd is reason Stanley loves crappy players and has done piss poor job as GM? We all see Stanley's ideal NHL defender and it has helped sink this years team

Stanley's performance since 2015 offseason has been amongst the worst if not the worst performance as GM in NHL

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Mcd is reason Stanley loves crappy players and has done piss poor job as GM? We all see Stanley's ideal NHL defender and it has helped sink this years team

Stanley's performance since 2015 offseason has been amongst the worst if not the worst performance as GM in NHL

Thank you for confirming you are just ignoring what is happening.

Bowman put together a roster that won the central last season and Q ran that into the ground with shit roster choices just like the season before (LOL Mashinter). Get a clue BWC. With a current system this team would have won a lot more games. Q did not put the team in a position to win. This is a fact.

This season is a wash with Crow going down but Q changed nothing...nice work Q.

Before trying to claim it, Bowman is not without his faults but Q is the issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bubba88

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
BWC's posts here are as predictable as Q's systems and the Blackhawks' PP....

Lemme guess, he's glad Q is back, but furious that "Stanley" is back? Another season of "Stanley" at the helm will be "disastrous" for this team? "Stanley" is going to do irreparable damage to the team this offseason?

Reactions: Bubba88

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
BWC's posts here are as predictable as Q's systems and the Blackhawks' PP....

Lemme guess, he's glad Q is back, but furious that "Stanley" is back? Another season of "Stanley" at the helm will be "disastrous" for this team? "Stanley" is going to do irreparable damage to the team this offseason?

You don't have to even read his predictable takes....haha.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont

Stanley Dmen, as you like to call them, are quick PMD that quickly get pucks up to forwards and can join the rush. Pittsburgh seems to do pretty well using those type.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Stanley Dmen, as you like to call them, are quick PMD that quickly get pucks up to forwards and can join the rush. Pittsburgh seems to do pretty well using those type.

Just imagine if Q would let them skate the puck up so teams could not just sit back and wait for the stretch pass.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00