Confirmed with Link: Bowman and Q will return next season

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
What do you expect? The guy knows jack and **** about hockey. He's a marketing guru. That's it.
as sad as it sounds, I could eventually live with Bowman getting the ax and Q staying for next year - just show me some level of accountability here - 2 (back to back) early outs, and this year, yet nothing changes?? I believe Bowman should stay, but if that scenario happened, I would scream and yell that Q was still here, but at least I could say they are trying to do something about it and letting all the fans and STH's know this is not acceptable...

Last edited:

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I'm probably in the minority but I'm ok with one more season with a short leash. If Crawford stays healthy (this is #1 as far as my fears go) I don't see why they can't make a decent run with the kids taking a next step and at least Saad/Kane/Keith bouncing back which they should for the most part.

Who would have really been a better replacement for Q? I don't buy the whole "fresh face no matter who it is " argument.

28th ranked PP. 20th ranked PK. 23rd in SA/GP. Crawford doesn't fix these things. He helps the PK a little, but does nothing to help the power play or reduce the number of shots and scoring chances the team gives up.

I hate to break it to McDonough...but most of the core...is not getting better.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
28th ranked PP. 20th ranked PK. 23rd in SA/GP. Crawford doesn't fix these things. He helps the PK a little, but does nothing to help the power play or reduce the number of shots and scoring chances the team gives up.

I hate to break it to McDonough...but most of the core...is not getting better.
When Crawford went down, didn't they have a top 5 PK? he makes a huge difference on the PK. Our backups have been complete garbage this year and are a main reason for the massive fall on the PK.

And the core can absolutely be better next year.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Some mad at McDonough but I wonder do people think if Stan really wanted to replace Q and thinks he's got a better fit in his mind, do people think McDonough wouldn't let Stan have his way?

Bashing special teams... so out with Dineen then. More assistant tinkering oh goodie

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
giphy.gif

Not surprised. The writing has been on the wall for Q to stay for half the season at this point.

McD can go f*** himself. Useless piece of shit injecting himself into everything even though he knows nothing about hockey. Q staying is entirely on McD. And I'd put money on that.

With this information... like others have said. Q and Stan seem to be joined at the hip now. One goes, they both go.

As for the question of Stan being "allowed" to let Q go if he wanted. He shouldn't need to be "allowed".

He's the damn GM. It should be his decision only. And no, I don't think McD would let Stan fire Q if he wanted to.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
giphy.gif

Not surprised. The writing has been on the wall for Q to stay for half the season at this point.

McD can go **** himself. Useless piece of **** injecting himself into everything even though he knows nothing about hockey. Q staying is entirely on McD. And I'd put money on that.

With this information... like others have said. Q and Stan seem to be joined at the hip now. One goes, they both go.

As for the question of Stan being "allowed" to let Q go if he wanted... he shouldn't need to be "allowed".

He's the damn GM. It should be his decision only.
Wow, that is one ugly person.

Reactions: migi and ChiHawks10

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
GL to them with that. People have the attention span of a goldfish these days. Most fans have probably let go of that era and accept the current situation as the new normal until actually proven otherwise. Can only sell hope for so many years.

Unfortunately hope does sell in the arena entertainment business. I think the hawks are going to be milking the 'dynasty' for the rest of my life and then some. Hell they were selling the 1961 team in 2008.

Reactions: BrianE

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
When Crawford went down, didn't they have a top 5 PK? he makes a huge difference on the PK. Our backups have been complete garbage this year and are a main reason for the massive fall on the PK.

And the core can absolutely be better next year.

The PK last season was ranked 24th. The season before, 22nd. With Crawford. This team's PK sucks regardless of who is in net. This is two straight seasons of abysmal special teams. Three straight seasons of an abysmal PK. One outlier PP season, when Panarin and Kane were killing it.

Which of the core do you expect to improve next season?

Reactions: BrianE

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
The PK last season was ranked 24th. The season before, 22nd. With Crawford. This team's PK sucks regardless of who is in net. This is two straight seasons of abysmal special teams. Three straight seasons of an abysmal PK. One outlier PP season, when Panarin and Kane were killing it.

Which of the core do you expect to improve next season?
Yeah, and it was top 5 with Crawford this year. it didn't go in the shitter until he went down, and the team seemed to have given up on the year.

Keith could improve, Kane can be better, Saad can be better, Toews can be better. I don't necessarily expect them to be better,but to say they won't be better is silly.

Reactions: sugoi88

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'm so sad that the poll thread got locked. I just read the last couple pages, and it was glorious. I would have loved to participate in that fun.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yeah, and it was top 5 with Crawford this year. it didn't go in the ****ter until he went down, and the team seemed to have given up on the year.

Keith could improve, Kane can be better, Saad can be better, Toews can be better. I don't necessarily expect them to be better,but to say they won't be better is silly.

If your PK is top 5 with your goalie, and then 25-30th without him... your PK is garbage. Crow should not be the difference in this team's PK being 25th or top 5. That tells me there is a much bigger issue with the PK, overall, which is being masked by elite goaltending, and that should be fixed. Rather than relying on elite goaltending to carry it at all times.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Yeah, and it was top 5 with Crawford this year. it didn't go in the ****ter until he went down, and the team seemed to have given up on the year.

Keith will be 35 next season. He's not improving. Kane may improve. Saad BETTER improve. Toews likely doesn't improve, as he has only gotten worse the last 3 seasons. Saying the core WILL be better, at this point, is what's f***ing silly.

So I give you a 200+ game sample size of the PK sucking with Crawford in net, and your response is...the Hawks had a top 5 PK in November?

FYI, as of 12/23/2017, the last game Crawford played, the Hawks' PK was ranked 13th, at 81.4%. Sample size skewed the numbers... as they had a good run in November. The PK sucked in October as well.

Speaking of the core...and age...Crawford is going to be 34 next season. Expecting him to continue to be a Vezina caliber goaltender, and mask the huge defensive deficiencies this team has, after missing most of this season with...whatever is wrong with him....is ALSO f***ing silly.

Last edited:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
well as i mention Q was coming back.....

well the next phase the end of season , trades and of course the Draft.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Wonder if there is any chance that Bowman told McDonough he was choosing or it was his opinion to bring Q back and McDonough used that and his decision to retain Bowman as a package deal to announce both are coming back..? Probably not, just providing alternatives to this actually being McD's decision (which it very well could have been).

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Was there ever doubt he clearly Meddles? But not all the choices there were some bad actions, if he did nothing with the front office the Hawks woud've been the Tallon and Savard club that failed to live up to the chances of being the next Penguins I think. Tallon stated when Savard was fired it was an Orginizational decision, seems clear he did not want to make that move.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Well Stan has one more offseason to completely destroy this team if and I mean if somehow it’s not which I just done see. With pathetic long term unmovable contracts of useless or underperforming overpaid players we have now in Seabrook, Saad, Toews and Murphy, this team is pretty much doomed for the next few years... Macdonald himself should be let go, what a joke of an organization lol

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Keith will be 35 next season. He's not improving. Kane may improve. Saad BETTER improve. Toews likely doesn't improve, as he has only gotten worse the last 3 seasons. Saying the core WILL be better, at this point, is what's ****ing silly.

So I give you a 200+ game sample size of the PK sucking with Crawford in net, and your response is...the Hawks had a top 5 PK in November?

FYI, as of 12/23/2017, the last game Crawford played, the Hawks' PK was ranked 13th, at 81.4%. Sample size skewed the numbers... as they had a good run in November. The PK sucked in October as well.

Speaking of the core...and age...Crawford is going to be 34 next season. Expecting him to continue to be a Vezina caliber goaltender, and mask the huge defensive deficiencies this team has, after missing most of this season with...whatever is wrong with him....is ALSO ****ing silly.
Keith is 35, not 40. Completely possible he gets better. Saad can't get worse, Kane can be better, and Toews can be better. So basically, the core can be better. Far cry from won't get better.

The PK was 7th on 12/23, and after that 25th without Crawford. Your best penalty killer is always your goalie, it's a major part of the PK. I was specifically talking about this year and Crawford. Our PK was great with him in net, and he made a big difference for this year's team, thats all I was saying.

And yeah, this team has major deficiencies defensively, mainly because they have one of the worst blue lines on paper in the league.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
If your PK is top 5 with your goalie, and then 25-30th without him... your PK is garbage. Crow should not be the difference in this team's PK being 25th or top 5. That tells me there is a much bigger issue with the PK, overall, which is being masked by elite goaltending, and that should be fixed. Rather than relying on elite goaltending to carry it at all times.
Good luck having a half decent PK with the shit goalies we had with the greatest system in the league.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Keith is 35, not 40. Completely possible he gets better. Saad can't get worse, Kane can be better, and Toews can be better. So basically, the core can be better. Far cry from won't get better.

The PK was 7th on 12/23, and after that 25th without Crawford. Your best penalty killer is always your goalie, it's a major part of the PK. I was specifically talking about this year and Crawford. Our PK was great with him in net, and he made a big difference for this year's team, thats all I was saying.

And yeah, this team has major deficiencies defensively, mainly because they have one of the worst blue lines on paper in the league.

You're living a pipe dream.

Again, you are referencing a 30 game sample size when Crawford was on fire... To refute the 244 game sample size I have provided? Do you possess logical thinking skills? Because there's no logic here. Corey Crawford has a career save percentage of .870 on the PK. Forsberg put up .865 and Glass put up .873 this season. Crawford is pretty much dead in the middle of those two.

Oh, and since 2010-2011, Crawford has been outperformed on the penalty kill by every single one of his backups except Forsberg. Who....is only .005 behind him.

Crawford is not the difference in the PK this season. And historically speaking, he's not even a good PK goalie.

I'm glad you're happy with this terrible coaching staff. I'm sure you'll enjoy the Hawks being awful again next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad