Confirmed with Link: Bowman and Q will return next season

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Maybe like in Ottawa some good fans in Chicago should start a billboard campaign to either : #Fire McD or # FireQ or # FireStan or even #FireQStanMcD
Unlike in Ottawa Chicago at least has a good to great owner.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
There is only so much a coach can do when his top players are not performing and it’s not only the Seabrook signing and Crawford injury. It’s not as simple as you make it out to be, no team falls down from heaven to earth with one move or signing or injury, it’s a “series” of really bad moves that have the team where it is right now.

Saad to begin with (Saad-Anisimov) it killed the chemistry and continuity of the Saad Toews Hossa line which was absolutely dominating

TT
Danault
Panarin for Saad
Johns
Hammer(yes hammer might not be that great right now but he is still better than Murphy and now we are stuck with Murphy playing like a third pairing guy getting paid 4 mill per for another 4 years while Hammer would have expired next year)

-Seabrook signing
-Toews over paid regardless of what was done at the time it’s hurting the team so I am mentioning it.
-Saad underperforming big time while Panarin playing like a true superstar

I mean this is what it boils down to

Seabrook over paid by 5M
Toews overpaid by 3.5-4M
Murphy over paid by 2M
Saad overpaid by 1.5-2M

Just by doing the math and I am gonna take the low end of those numbers

5M+3.5+2+1.5= 12M going to the garbage

These contracts don’t seem to be going anywhere either. So I don’t know how you wanna look at it but this team just can’t contend with so much dead cap, even if it’s 10M, heck let’s say 8M, that’s still catestrophic...

Unless Toews becomes a 70 point player while being a defensive powerhouse, Seabrook contract unloaded, Saad becoming a 30 goal scorer and 60 points, and Murphy playing like a true 4 D, this team has no chance, it’s just simple as that...

This is all true. But you are completely ignoring the counterpoint that the talent masked Q's numerous idiotic decisions for YEARS. Now that the talent is deficient those same dumbass decisions, like opting for Duncan Keith to man point on the PP, are all the more glaring.

Both Bowman and Q should be gone. Stan can't properly evaluate OR assign proper value to incumbent (or former) Hawk players and Q is a f***ing imbecile that lived off of having superior talent for YEARS. Now that he doesn't have it? Exposed.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
This is all true. But you are completely ignoring the counterpoint that the talent masked Q's numerous idiotic decisions for YEARS. Now that the talent is deficient those same dumbass decisions, like opting for Duncan Keith to man point on the PP, are all the more glaring.

Both Bowman and Q should be gone. Stan can't properly evaluate OR assign proper value to incumbent (or former) Hawk players and Q is a ****ing imbecile that lived off of having superior talent for YEARS. Now that he doesn't have it? Exposed.

What offensive style and system would you install? PP? PK? D?

Not intended to be a smartass comment, just an honest question.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007

Both Bowman and Q should be gone. Stan can't properly evaluate OR assign proper value to incumbent (or former) Hawk players and Q is a ****ing imbecile that lived off of having superior talent for YEARS. Now that he doesn't have it? Exposed.

I am not be biggest fan of Q and he was the main reason why the Hawks didn't win in 2014 along with Crawford being bad in the LA series. I agree that Q had his issues but this year no NHL coach would have gotten this team to the playoffs, Stan really depleted all the talent out of town and has made a series of moves over the past 3 years which have completely destroyed this team with not much promise ahead. Not to mention how can you blame to the coach for his top paid players not performing? Does Q really need to motivate guys like Toews, Seabrook, or Saad? That' 30% of the cap right there doing squat everytime they step on the ice...

zac

Apr 29, 2009
What offensive style and system would you install? PP? PK? D?

Not intended to be a smartass comment, just an honest question.

PP? First, get Keith as far away from it as possible as his shot and offensive in-zone skills are abysmal. Get point off their shot sides (rh shot on left point and lh shot on right) so we can one-time the f***ing puck. There is literally NO OTHER TEAM in the league that puts their points on their shot side. We have to settle almost every pass that comes across or to the point. It's maddening.

We are also VERY methodical on the PP. You have a man advantage so seize the opportunity and move the puck around, making the defense shift, then fill the voids and blast open one-timers. We have to shoot the least amount of one-timers on the PP in the league. Move the puck quicker, quit passing up great shooting opporunities, and force the defense to get out of position. Despite our talent over the years, we have been consistently one of the easiest to defend.

The PK, for most of Q's tenure, has been overly reliant on shot-blocking and the goalies playing out of their f***ing minds. For whatever reason the 2013 Cup team were demons at pressuring the puck and it showed in the results. It helped in having defensively elite forwards with Toews (at his peak), Hossa, Saad, and Frolik (the star of the PK) tearing it up. Go back, watch video, and see how the aggression made it difficult for the opponent to maintain possession. After Frolik left it was back to the same bullshit box and flop strategy that has NEVER worked. Our defensive spacing has been consistently among the worst in the league, and with the deterioration of our D-corps and the loss of some solid d-forwards that has been magnified.

Spacing is also an issue on defense in general. I swear to f***ing god Q doesn't preach it at all as it's a teamwide issue. Multiple players flowing toward the puck and or an area, leaving zones wide open. Our forwards rarely put pressure on the perimeter which leads to wide open passing lanes and point blank one-timers. I am so sick and f***ing tired of watching Kane be irresponsible in the d-zone while young players, that should be doing those things, get sent back to Rockford.

Q is a stupid narcissistic jackass that refuses to acknowledge his OWN mistakes. Bowman has torpedoed this team with poor internal evaluations of his own players. We need a savvy GM, not a f***ing father that loves his "sons" despite their warts. Just say the word Rocky, I'll come pack their bags.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
PP? First, get Keith as far away from it as possible as his shot and offensive in-zone skills are abysmal. Get point off their shot sides (rh shot on left point and lh shot on right) so we can one-time the ****ing puck. There is literally NO OTHER TEAM in the league that puts their points on their shot side. We have to settle almost every pass that comes across or to the point. It's maddening.

We are also VERY methodical on the PP. You have a man advantage so seize the opportunity and move the puck around, making the defense shift, then fill the voids and blast open one-timers. We have to shoot the least amount of one-timers on the PP in the league. Move the puck quicker, quit passing up great shooting opporunities, and force the defense to get out of position. Despite our talent over the years, we have been consistently one of the easiest to defend.

The PK, for most of Q's tenure, has been overly reliant on shot-blocking and the goalies playing out of their ****ing minds. For whatever reason the 2013 Cup team were demons at pressuring the puck and it showed in the results. It helped in having defensively elite forwards with Toews (at his peak), Hossa, Saad, and Frolik (the star of the PK) tearing it up. Go back, watch video, and see how the aggression made it difficult for the opponent to maintain possession. After Frolik left it was back to the same bull**** box and flop strategy that has NEVER worked. Our defensive spacing has been consistently among the worst in the league, and with the deterioration of our D-corps and the loss of some solid d-forwards that has been magnified.

Spacing is also an issue on defense in general. I swear to ****ing god Q doesn't preach it at all as it's a teamwide issue. Multiple players flowing toward the puck and or an area, leaving zones wide open. Our forwards rarely put pressure on the perimeter which leads to wide open passing lanes and point blank one-timers. I am so sick and ****ing tired of watching Kane be irresponsible in the d-zone while young players, that should be doing those things, get sent back to Rockford.

I agree with most of this. Thanks.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Maybe like in Ottawa some good fans in Chicago should start a billboard campaign to either : #Fire McD or # FireQ or # FireStan or even #FireQStanMcD
Unlike in Ottawa Chicago at least has a good to great owner.
because it would be pathetic to campaign against people who brought you 3 championships in the last 8 years after a 50 year draught. give the people who fixed it the first time the chance to fix it again.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Yeah... if fans remotely started a billboard campaign after one shit year (April 2017 to April 2018) given our recent track record, that'd be the quickest way for literally everybody else in the hockey world to think that we're nothing more than a bunch of ungrateful morons. And heck, there was a bit of that going Ottawa's way after their overperformance last year though it got pushed to the wayside as Melnyk kept being Melnyk.

I get being mad and disappointed, and I am too, but some of the hot takes seem like they're from fans of a team that chronically crapped themselves and accomplished nothing, like the Caps, Sharks, and Nucks.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Yeah... if fans remotely started a billboard campaign after one **** year (April 2017 to April 2018) given our recent track record, that'd be the quickest way for literally everybody else in the hockey world to think that we're nothing more than a bunch of ungrateful morons. And heck, there was a bit of that going Ottawa's way after their overperformance last year though it got pushed to the wayside as Melnyk kept being Melnyk.

I get being mad and disappointed, and I am too, but some of the hot takes seem like they're from fans of a team that chronically crapped themselves and accomplished nothing, like the Caps, Sharks, and Nucks.
yep, there are 28 other NHL team fans that would have billboards saying "WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOUR PROBLEMS CHICAGO" ....unreal man....

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
yep, there are 28 other NHL team fans that would have billboards saying "WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOUR PROBLEMS CHICAGO" ....unreal man....

People living in the past make me laugh, ya let me sit on my ass and glory about previous successes LOL

There are maybe 3 or 4 teams in the NHL right now that would actually trade rosters with the Hawks lol

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
People living in the past make me laugh, ya let me sit on my ass and glory about previous successes LOL

There are maybe 3 or 4 teams in the NHL right now that would actually trade rosters with the Hawks lol
Buffalo, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, Ottawa, Montreal, Detroit, Carolina, both New Yorks, St. Louis, Dallas

That's more than 3 or 4.

vshun

Sep 21, 2016
Buffalo, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, Ottawa, Montreal, Detroit, Carolina, both New Yorks, St. Louis, Dallas

That's more than 3 or 4.
Think Rangers shed bad contracts and positioning themselves nicely for a full rebuild. Wish we could do the same.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
the ship is sinking,

After going in the correct direction for almost a decade this organization has not learned enough lessons to make changes at the correct times.

Q will never lead this team to playoff success again, I would be shocked if he can lead this team to 30 wins next year.

There is no reason to have him around any longer, his shelf life with the hawks expired.

Reactions: Pez68 and JCraw1

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
That article shows how much of an idiot Pulford is but doesn't reflect badly on anyone else

Infact it further bolsters the reputation of Mike Smith who selected them despite the opposition from Dollar Bill's right hand man

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
That article shows how much of an idiot Pulford is but doesn't reflect badly on anyone else

Infact it further bolsters the reputation of Mike Smith who selected them despite the opposition from Dollar Bill's right hand man

Pulford had 1 lucky run as coach when the Hawks unexpectedly went to the Conference Finals and lost to Vancouver. After that he was a slug and did more to destroy the team than even dollar bill. He forced Darryl Sutter to quit as coach made so many bad trades and decisions that destroyed the team for years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->