Around the NHL 2012-2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Love Marchand- for a little guy, he's absolutely fearless in going to the net.

You won't like him if we end up playing him. A perfect example of one of those guys, love him in your jersey, amusing to watch when he isn't playing your team, come game two of the Cup Finals if we made it against Boston you would hope he gets completely Kronwalled and doesn't play another game. Super pest, lots of talent too.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
You won't like him if we end up playing him. A perfect example of one of those guys, love him in your jersey, amusing to watch when he isn't playing your team, come game two of the Cup Finals if we made it against Boston you would hope he gets completely Kronwalled and doesn't play another game. Super pest, lots of talent too.

I appreciate his game and the sandpaper he brings. He should definitely be in the running to make Team Canada at next year's Olympics, too. And yes, I know that he's great at getting under the opponent's skin.

I fully expect him to drive most Wings fans crazy in the years to come as the teams heads to the EC. Here's hoping Z stands up for himself if Marchand starts using his face like a speed bag.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Watching the Rangers PP makes me appreciate the Wings. Also Nash looks awful. He had a dazzling regular season and now he's being pushed around. He's like reverse Franzen. 1 goal in the playoffs in a blowout game. Not good.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Watching the Rangers PP makes me appreciate the Wings. Also Nash looks awful. He had a dazzling regular season and now he's being pushed around. He's like reverse Franzen. 1 goal in the playoffs in a blowout game. Not good.

Hey, give Nash a break, Benchy.

He never learned to play in the playoffs. :sarcasm:

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
I hadn't seen the Lewis penalty from the other night. Holy hell is that ever an obvious goalie run. Nobody was even touching him. Clearly a penalty, no question.

fimoknete

Jun 4, 2006
Roesrath, Germany
Wow. Just hand the Penguins the cup already

nut sure pens are that strong or ottawa is just too weak.
but what is sure is the pens are a real entertainment team what is fun to watch.
i always favour GM's they risk something to get it all. i hope for the pens they will win the cup.
the real test is boston or the rangers i guess.
that is hockey i would pay dollars for to go to the arena.

Aug 6, 2012
I was just joking about prematurely handing people the cup, especially with multiple teams that typical fans have already declared champions. Had nothing to do with Hawks-Wings

I know, was referring to the people basically concluding that the series is over and the Wings are in the 3rd round.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Brad Richards a healthy scratch. Looks like he's getting bought out.

Gomez and Redden get flak for having those massive deals from NYR and then not living up to them...but this is the third guy who has went to NYR and quickly fell apart. I say this only a bit tongue in cheek, but it is weird how it happens. With how Nash has gone silent in the playoffs, maybe he'll be added to the list next year...

that said, if NYR does buy him out, I'd look at signing him to a reasonably affordable one or two year deal this summer. Maybe our style would fit him a bit better, and he'd provide insurance for Datsyuk leaving and/or Helm not getting healthy.

fimoknete

Jun 4, 2006
Roesrath, Germany
What's the deal with players' careers taking nose dives after they sign with NYR? Booze?

because they are a bunch of divas playing with divas?
in their old clubs they are "the man". now they are "the man" with other "the mans".
i am quite sure they are jealous when another player have the puck.

its not that they are bad players there are just not enough indians for that number of chieftains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad