Around the NHL 2012-2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Watching Kings/Sharks, I'm happy we're not having to deal with the kings' size yet. Hopefully SJ and LA beat the snot out of each other for seven long games.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
are you sure Hawks are better than these guys? both teams playing pretty damn well.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Anyone watching the kings/ sharks game tell me how did Torres not get a 5 min major. That hit looked exactly like the abdelkador hit.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I feel bad for Caps.. they just can't get it done.. I'm with some of them that GMGM should be fired.

They also need to make a core shaking move much like Wings had to make to get over hump IMO

They need to move a core piece ala Coffey/Primeau for Shanahan to shake up core

Simple reality is Ovechkin/Backstrom/Green have failed too many times

If I was in charge of Caps I would put Green on block (Should get good return + Given his injuries might be best to move him sooner rather then later)

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Watching Kings/Sharks, I'm happy we're not having to deal with the kings' size yet. Hopefully SJ and LA beat the snot out of each other for seven long games.

Kings, and specially Quick, look real impressive.
We seem the weakest team of the 4 left and the weakest by far.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Kings, and specially Quick, look real impressive.
We seem the weakest team of the 4 left and the weakest by far.

Quick has been good. He is pretty much 100% on the 1st shot and the Kings are very good at clearing rebounds.

Though think Quick way over commits on some plays.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I'm not a Torres fan by any stretch, but his hit on Stoll didn't look bad to me. Maybe you can super slomo it and tear it apart, and year it was from the side, but Torres looked like he caught a lot of shoulder on that hit, he didn't leave his feet, he didn't explore up....he went in and hit a guy hard on the shoulder. He might have got hurt. To bad for Stoll, hope he's not hurt too bad, but it's not worth a suspension.

Aug 6, 2012
I'm not a Torres fan by any stretch, but his hit on Stoll didn't look bad to me. Maybe you can super slomo it and tear it apart, and year it was from the side, but Torres looked like he caught a lot of shoulder on that hit, he didn't leave his feet, he didn't explore up....he went in and hit a guy hard on the shoulder. He might have got hurt. To bad for Stoll, hope he's not hurt too bad, but it's not worth a suspension.

If determining whether a hit is suspendable or not comes down to milliseconds then he shouldn't be suspended.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Torres out for the rest of the series. I don't think the hit was terrible, but Torres seems to be too dumb to find a way to play within the boundaries. That alone would be why I wouldn't want to invest any money or roster spots on him.

redwings85

In Ozzie I trust.
Nov 11, 2008
America's Hat.
I am actually disappointed in the way the NHL handled this.

I thought it was a good hit.

It's a shame his "rep" now.

Sure he's made a few bonehead plays... but i thought he really improved his game

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Kings look scary as hell. Quick is playing unbelievable.

I haven't been too impressed with the kings play. They got outplayed for the most part against St. Louis and have been outplayed for the most part against San Jose so far.

But quick is on a gigure type run right now.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
don't know if this the right place to write this - but i'm eagerly awaiting the release of next year's schedule...b/c i want to go to the first wings game in toronto when both teams are back in the same division. the first hockey game i ever attended as a wee girl was my (late) father taking me to the garden when i was about 4 years old for a leafs/wings game.

even though i'm now more a hawks fan than a leafs fan, growing up my dad was a leafs fan while his best friend was a wings fan...so i was raised on a leafs/wings rivalry more than a hawks/wings rivalry.

i'll miss the hawks/wings match up for sure...but being from toronto i appreciate the revival of the wings/leafs match up.

fimoknete

Jun 4, 2006
Roesrath, Germany
wow, sharks vs kings. what an amazing hockey game. hockey can be pretty entertaining. 2 goals last minute. great stuff. detroit can be happy they didnt play the kings in the first round.

fimoknete

Jun 4, 2006
Roesrath, Germany
I haven't been too impressed with the kings play. They got outplayed for the most part against St. Louis and have been outplayed for the most part against San Jose so far.

first, they are playing entertaining hockey.
second, they won the first round and leading 2-0 in the sharks series.
have been outplayed is such a wrong statement.

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
Quick has been good. He is pretty much 100% on the 1st shot and the Kings are very good at clearing rebounds.

Though think Quick way over commits on some plays.
tim thomas had the same type of environment in boston. and STL last season.

defenses kept shots to the outside and prevented passes through the middle. d-men controlled the front of the net well. tim thomas especially was able to be very aggressive on shooters.

those teams' defenses allowed their goalies to have very high sv%.

tim thomas still had to make many great saves, though.

agree that STL was usually better, but i would not compare quick to giguere, since giguere's team was often dominated.

I am actually disappointed in the way the NHL handled this.

I thought it was a good hit.

It's a shame his "rep" now.

Sure he's made a few bonehead plays... but i thought he really improved his game
hit was not very bad, imo, but torres has earned a bad reputation for trying to hurt other players.

don't know if this the right place to write this - but i'm eagerly awaiting the release of next year's schedule...b/c i want to go to the first wings game in toronto when both teams are back in the same division. the first hockey game i ever attended as a wee girl was my (late) father taking me to the garden when i was about 4 years old for a leafs/wings game.

even though i'm now more a hawks fan than a leafs fan, growing up my dad was a leafs fan while his best friend was a wings fan...so i was raised on a leafs/wings rivalry more than a hawks/wings rivalry.

i'll miss the hawks/wings match up for sure...but being from toronto i appreciate the revival of the wings/leafs match up.
:cheers:

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Wow, awesome. Looking like Ducks and Sharks will both be out before WCF, which is always a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad