Around the NHL 2012-2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Yeah, Cooke has learned his lesson. What a disgrace of a player.

Pretty much. Seemed like vintage Matt Cooke, although rather tame by his own standards and track record. It was a dirty hit to be sure, but if anyone else throws that hit from behind, it's just a 5 minute major. I think he got the game misconduct b/c the Pens were playing the Bruins, his history against them, and the refs didn't want to lose control of this game. Can't wait for Lucic to catch him in a corner in the upcoming games.

I remember a quote from Cooke about how his kids were getting harassed at school a while ago b/c of what he was doing on the ice... well guess what? Those other kids at school were completely justified in telling Cooke's kids that their dad was a complete d-bag.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Dirty hit, but I'm having a hard time getting too worked up about it. Agree that it should have been just a major, but it'll blow up because it's Cooke.

fimoknete

Jun 4, 2006
Roesrath, Germany
actually the kings are trying to win. detroit just tried not too lose. babcocks tactics were perfect. but the kings chicago series is much more entertaining because both teams try to score, not only one.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I'd take Quick over Lundqvist.

If they switched spots, I think Lundqvist would be even better than Quick behind LA's defense.

If Chicago and Boston met right now, who would win?

Considering how well Detroit kept up with Chicago, I think I would have to take Boston.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
If they switched spots, I think Lundqvist would be even better than Quick behind LA's defense.

If Chicago and Boston met right now, who would win?

Considering how well Detroit kept up with Chicago, I think I would have to take Boston.

I think Boston as well. More physical and Chicago hates physical play. Good defensively. They have playmakers who can score.

bullocks

Jun 26, 2007
Toronto
I think Boston as well. More physical and Chicago hates physical play. Good defensively. They have playmakers who can score.

Why does Chicago hate physical play? They can play that way and have been the last couple days. Hawks are better then the Bruins and the Pens. We really pissed away a great chance of making the finals

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Why does Chicago hate physical play?

They don't hate it, but it makes life harder for their top scorers.

Which isn't unusual or anything, Zetterberg and Datsyuk also have problems scoring when they get smothered physically, like we saw in the Nashville series last year.

Boston is basically the type of team Babcock is trying to coach the Wings into. You've got fantastic two-way centers surrounded by big bodies who don't mind mucking it up. Combine that with a mobile and large D corp and you've got a menacing team.

And if Helm could stay healthy we'd find out if he can rise to Marchand level.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

people on here need to stop overrating how physical the East is so drastically

Boston is definitely not more physical than Los Angeles

for example Los Angeles has 626 hits in 15 games these Playoffs while Boston has 493 in 13

in the regular season Los Angeles had 1446 to Boston's 1200

last year in the Playoffs Boston lead them slightly in hits/game(39-36) but Boston only played 1 series

last year in the regular season Los Angeles lead Boston in hits 2274-1778(Los Angeles was in 2nd place while Boston was in 20th)

Los Angeles also has significantly more size than Boston(according to stats from the start of this season Boston was 26th in weight and 21st in height while Los Angeles was 2nd in weight and 13th in height)

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
The Boston physical presence comes from the fact that Chara plays half the game and he's a literal monster.

It's sort of like how the Flyers, Ducks, and Edmonton were physical teams when Pronger was playing 30 minutes a game for them. :laugh:

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Anyone else expecting to see a goaltending change in Pittsburgh this summer?

It wouldn't surprise me terribly.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Pittsburgh has terrible defense and terrible goaltending. Makes the 09 loss even more heartbreaking since it was a complete fluke performance by Fleury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad