Around the NHL 2012-2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Vancouver seems to be in good cap territory for this year. With the shortened season, I can see them keep him. Why hurt your cup chances if you don't have to.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
After the playoffs last season, I thought Luongo made some comments that didn't sit well with Vancouver? Might be a situation where they want to move him just to keep him out of the lockerroom.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
After the playoffs last season, I thought Luongo made some comments that didn't sit well with Vancouver? Might be a situation where they want to move him just to keep him out of the lockerroom.

Well, there definitely was a mutual agreement to move on. At the same time, Luongo seems to have his short list of teams. He has the NTC as leverage. If Vancouver had 30 teams to trade with, I don't doubt they could string something together and rather fast.

Kiddington

Nov 3, 2008
Reno, NV
It's about time.

Honestly, I'm just glad I'll actually have sports to watch again (well, sports I actually care about, anyway; I know the NFL playoffs are still going, and there's other forms of hockey aside from the NHL... but it's nothing I find myself emotionally invested in at this point). Game on.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
I hope the season starts jan 15 so I can watch a couple games before I head to Florida on the 19th for 10 days

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Kesler might be our for a month or more.

Canucks could sign Arnott as replacement but he is far from optimal. Schroeder may not be ready. Traditionally slow starters. Not many players played during the lockout.

IMO they need top6er and preferably one that can play C.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
So what happens to all the contracts that are in clear violation to the new CBA? Are they voided and we have Free Agent Frenzy-palooza? Or are they just restructured?

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Brian Burke fired.

Jeff Marek ‏@JeffMarek
Confirmed by @RealKyper on HC at Noon Brian Burke fired as GM of Maple Leafs.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
I could see canning Burke, but why over Luongo (according to Lebrun) he's a good goalie, but he's always seemed to falter under pressure, and besides I think Toronto is more than a goalie away from competing, but maybe they're getting desperate for the PO.

Not to mention the timing seems odd.

RedWingsNow*

Oil pick up Fistric for a third rounder.

That's the kind of deal... He's EXACTLY what the wings needed.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Oil pick up Fistric for a third rounder.

That's the kind of deal... He's EXACTLY what the wings needed.

Fistric handles the puck like it is a live grenade at times, at least whenever I have seen him play. He does some of the other things we want but I don't think he is comforable enough within the Wings system to work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad